• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Umm...hi I'm new to the communities and to the game RO. I'm not used to playing a game like this but it's interesting. I still new and trying to get my first job change however I think gunslinger job change doesn't quite like me much.
Very much appreciated.

#2 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Umm...hi I'm new to the communities and to the game RO. I'm not used to playing a game like this but it's interesting. I still new and trying to get my first job change however I think gunslinger job change doesn't quite like me much.
Very much appreciated.

you're gonna have a hell of a time getting a trunk, with 1800z there's a kafra-looking lady in the 7 o clock position in pront who will warp you to juno, and then the kafra employee there will take you to einbroch for free i believe, I've given up on helping new players in game. Don't let anyone tell you gunslinger is a bad pick, they're fun, nothing more fun than shooting a poring and watching it explode. Just go AGI/DEX chain action build and you'll do fine

#3 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

First of Welcome

Few website yo check out

Irowiki (everything youll need)
rode-r (uptodate monsters and locations)
Fan Site, Items, Monster skills (more info then Rode-r) just outdated
PRONTERA MARKET (very very usful if you want to buy items off players)

Edited by IronFist, 02 January 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#4 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

this is why i asked for a "WARNING" against any expanded class....

expanded classes are 100% usless dont even try it, are a waste of time, usless in player vs mosters and any other level in the game

you can start better with a THIEF class, since you can stack agi to prevent being hited by mosters

stats for thief class(at the start):

30+ str

50+ agi

30+ dex

wich server are you playing? i can give you some gears(ZENY NEVER i never got zeny and i will dont give, the game its to easy already XD)

private message my forum account

and i think theres no job change quest with the thief and non expanded classes :thumb:

#5 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

this is why i asked for a "WARNING" against any expanded class....

expanded classes are 100% usless dont even try it, are a waste of time, usless in player vs mosters and any other level in the game

you can start better with a THIEF class, since you can stack agi to prevent being hited by mosters

stats for thief class(at the start):

30+ str

50+ agi

30+ dex

wich server are you playing? i can give you some gears(ZENY NEVER i never got zeny and i will dont give, the game its to easy already XD)

private message my forum account

and i think theres no job change quest with the thief and non expanded classes :thumb:

Ninjas are probably one of the best classes at PVM. AT 50 they do 2500 a hit easily with throw Kunai, that's with eden gear. Gunslingers are a ton of fun in PVM, everyone says they're costly, if you just sell drops they're fine, same goes with ninja.

#6 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Would strongly recommend that you recreate a Novice, take him to level 10, then follow this guide for a shortcut to the gunslinger job change NPC:

http://irowiki.org/w...ides#Gunslinger

Also, slingers are expensive to level because they do very little damage per shot. Even at 1z per bullet, for a new player it costs a lot to level in the long run. With double exp event, VIP, a +6 Wasteland's Outlaw and 99DEX build it cost me about 2m z just in bullets alone to hit 99.

Would suggest that you level until about 20 in the map 1 North of Geffen. Easy mandragora kills and the stems sell quite well to players. Then create a cheaper character.

#7 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well for one I am in the area Payon, however getting the mushroom and trunk is not working out so far for me. I'm patient to spam however dunno about mushroom since I think I'm kinda far to get it.
Usually I am a gunner in a different game, hard at first since I miss in accuracy but then I gradually grew strong and miss less. Just hope so I can even get the class.

#8 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well for one I am in the area Payon, however getting the mushroom and trunk is not working out so far for me. I'm patient to spam however dunno about mushroom since I think I'm kinda far to get it.
Usually I am a gunner in a different game, hard at first since I miss in accuracy but then I gradually grew strong and miss less. Just hope so I can even get the class.

ok my bro

trunk... head south of payon city and kill some willows...

Mushrooms, well head north of payon and find payon caves.... be very careful as payon caves has aggressive monsters.

#9 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

ok my bro

trunk... head south of payon city and kill some willows...

Mushrooms, well head north of payon and find payon caves.... be very careful as payon caves has aggressive monsters.

I spammed those Willows so far nothing and sometime they would one hit k.o me but that's alright.
The cave sounds so risky. o.o;

#10 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

I spammed those Willows so far nothing and sometime they would one hit k.o me but that's alright.
The cave sounds so risky. o.o;

You're gonna take forever on the willows. The trunk only drops 1% of the time, when I made my gunslinger I killed close to 200 without a Trunk dropping, I had to hop on my battle priest and get one outside of Umbala which would be impossible for you. Besides the trunk everything else is easy. There are milk merchants in town, you can green herb from green plants which are very common around payon. the map east of payon, people farm strawberries there, it wouldn't be too hard to just pick up a mushroom spore laying on the ground.

Use your novice potions, you should have like 600 of them, you shouldn't be dying to willows.

#11 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

What's your in game name?

#12 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

What's your in game name?

Jragon
The reason why I'm dying is cause my hp is only 105 and if they hit crit it hits 125+ usually so that's why I'm dying. XD

#13 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Heh, I should have ask which server are you currently playing? I can help you if you are playing on Valkyrie.

#14 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Heh, I should have ask which server are you currently playing? I can help you if you are playing on Valkyrie.

Yeah I'm in Yggdrasil. :c

#15 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Jragon, my advice. Make another toon. Gunslinger isnt newbie friendly.

#16 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

throw some stats into vit, it increases ur max hp

#17 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Oh darn, if you still need Trunk. Someone in Yggdrasil is vending them for 5000z each. I know it's overpriced. If I were you, I would kill Roda Frogs and farm Sticky Webfoots and sell them via open buy shop, currently, someone is buying them for 250z each.

http://ragial.com/buying/iRO-Yggdrasil

http://ragial.com/sh...gdrasil/4259460

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1012/

I think you are able to kill Roda Frogs on your own. Oh, if you don't know where is Roda Frogs, use Ctrl+` and then press Tab. Hope this helped. xD

#18 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I made a new character in Valkyrie. I'm still sticking with gunslinger don't really know the other classes well.

#19 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

really, gunslinger its usless, dont keep wasting time U.U

umm.. well at least you can level it a few more levels to help your next char on supplies :thumb:

idk, gunslinger its just bad......... and you just can be level 99, they cant reach level 150 XD, just super novice(from expanded classes)

#20 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

really, gunslinger its usless, dont keep wasting time U.U

umm.. well at least you can level it a few more levels to help your next char on supplies :thumb:

idk, gunslinger its just bad......... and you just can be level 99, they cant reach level 150 XD, just super novice(from expanded classes)

I can really be fine with lvl 90 been stuck with lvl 220 with a different game.

Also yeah I am with the same username.

#21 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hey, I'm on Ygg. I mailed you the Trunks, haha. Feel free to bother me anytime.

#22 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hey, I'm on Ygg. I mailed you the Trunks, haha. Feel free to bother me anytime.

lmao I guess that could work but I think I'll play on other server for now. Thanks for reply.

#23 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

lmao I guess that could work but I think I'll play on other server for now. Thanks for reply.

Do you still need help with the guns quest?

#24 SirenJragon

SirenJragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Do you still need help with the guns quest?

I think I forgot to get bullets before leaving the town I keep forgetting that only certain towns would have it only. x.x I keep thinking this game is similar to the other game I play when I know some things are different. I would probably need new equips sooner or later but it can be all done for a the matter of time. I might not log in for a few days for school matter so leave some post and I'll respond to them later.

#25 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

I think I forgot to get bullets before leaving the town I keep forgetting that only certain towns would have it only. x.x I keep thinking this game is similar to the other game I play when I know some things are different. I would probably need new equips sooner or later but it can be all done for a the matter of time. I might not log in for a few days for school matter so leave some post and I'll respond to them later.

Okay, don't worry I know and good luck with school :thumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users