#1 euglena

euglena

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

So I'm starting up my warlock shortly....
I figured I'd have a head start with gears since I have my cod, diab robe, nid garb, and variants
But other than that what equips will I need? I cannot use my rod on a mage class so specifically what weapon? Maybe Staff of Destruction?

Also could someone please help me with stats and skills? I don't know what skills to get as a mage then wizard.

Thanks ;o

#2 Dissident

Dissident

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

Well, I have no idea how the balance patch changed things with 1st and 2nd class, but for mage it's pretty straight forward.
Max Fire Wall, it is your best friend for early on leveling, and can help out with big mobs.
Also max the elemental bolts, depending on where you're going to level. For example, you can max Cold Bolt if you plan on going Goats, and max fire bolt if you were to plan on going to floras.
The rest of the skills is really up to your playing style.
As for 2nd class skills, all I can remember is that to max Storm Gust, and another of the elemental AoEs such as Meteor Storm.
For gears, are you talking about 2nd class or 2nd class trans?
Stats for 2nd class is pretty straight forward. I went 50 INT, 25 DEX, 75 INT, 50 DEX, 99 INT, 70 DEX and put the rest into VIT for survival or LUK for more damage.
Final stats was something like this for me: http://calc.irowiki....qaafqaaaaaaabaa
And 2nd class trans, it's basically the same other than getting more VIT or LUK, depending on your preference for survival or more damage.

Also, do you need help with leveling spots, or are you fine with that?
Can you also specify which server you play on? If you play on Valk, I'm pretty sure I can help you more in game.

Edited by Dissident, 04 January 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Skills for a Mage/Wizard to get.

http://irowiki.org/~...KnndodqcFfNbxbx

Fire Bolt 10
Cold Bolt 10
FireWall 10
Lighting Bolt 4 & Thunder Storm 1
Napalm 1
Sight 1
FireBall 5
Stone Curse 1

I usually also dump last 6 points of mage skills into FDiver for Wiz test.

Storm Gust 10
Jupitel Thunder 10
Heavens Drive 5
Quagmire 5
Earth Spike 3
Lord of Vermillion 10 OR Frost Nova 10
Water Ball 5

For stats you want probably 90-Max Int, Mid-High Dex and Mid Vit. Perhaps 90/90/60 or something similiar.

#4 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

1-12 Novice Grounds
12 Eden Gear quest (for the armor with the health & SP)
+6 Staff
13-23 (ant hell) thunderstorm 8 ant eggs firbolt 4-6 for ants some points in firewall for bats a +7VeryVeryVery Strong Main Gouche nearly tripples your initial damage for your first 1-10 job levels
+5 Arc Wand
24-39 (ant hell cont.)
max firebolt
39-44 (cmd_fild01) max firebolt Groves
44-48 (cmd_fild01) max firebolt Groves & Flora
48-52 (moc_fild17) max firebolt Hodes (if you have phen & Potions/heal clip, icebolt 5+ frilldoras) bring plenty of fly wings or tele clip if overwhelmed by multiple mobs

wizard test job 50
if you have phen & a heal clip the test is cake
if not the fire room is the hardest since you have 4 agressive mobs around you, nuking the frilldora quickly or freezing it makes the rooms a lot easier try and save the non agro non cast sensor mobs for last remember not to kill the last mob in the rooms while standing near the center since the guardians spawn there..
(when you become a High Wiz get Amplify Magic ASAP)

52-60 (moc_fild17) max firebolt Hodes & Firewall+Firbolt Sandman (if you have phen & Potions/heal clip, icebolt 5+ frilldoras) bring plenty of fly wings or tele clip if overwhelmed by multiple mobs
max Icebolt
60-65 (yuno_fild08) max icebolt Grand PecoPeco & max firebolt Geographers
65+ (yuno_fild08) max icebolt Grand Pecopeco/Goat & max firebolt Geographers
70+ TI's (grab whatever AOE's you need for them

Rebirth
1-5 PORINGS!!! <3
6-13 I used that same +/VeryVeryVeryStrong Main Gouche, with buffs like Imposito Manus/eden buffs/Sura Power Implant (i miss enchant blade) and 1 shot Hornets (90hp) ...if you can't 1 shot them don't go there they all aggro if you attack 1 otherwise its great exp

repeat till 99/70
***(job manuals are your best friend at about lvl 94-99)

Water Ball 5 PWNS the quest mobs when your searching for the Giant Bradium fragment, etc from the nagas and Bradium Golems just stay near the water
for the warlock Test i brought a bunch of White Pots
run up to the top right corner out of L.O.S. of most of the mobs and spam frost nova and pots till everything freezes, drop a crimson rock, chain lightning, or amp thunderstorm 2 or 3 times to kills nearly all the frozen mobs.
when the 2nd wave appears do the same (the water elemental and naga will SCREW you over with their waterball if you don't cc them or kill them quickly) took me 2 attempts the time i beat it
save Eden Skill Stat Reset for a few levels into Warlock job levels since from there on you wont really be using many of your 1st or 2nd job abilities..

Edited by Helios0, 04 January 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Forgot about Weapons

For Wizard you will want a Soul Staff ounce you hit level 73 as it has 200 MAtk.

Staff of Destruction is only for HIGH Wizards but can replace the Soul Staff at that point.

The rest of the Gear you have is also for Trans classes except for the CoD. But for that eden gears should hold you till trans ok.

Now if you have lots of zenny and can afford to get things upgraded with HD ores then you will want to get

+10 Thorn Staff of Darkness - This is great because it's 1handed and lets you use racial shields. Has 160 MATK base but also gets +10 MATK per upgrade (Not to mention the upgrade bonus's themselves).
+7 - +10 Skull Cap [1] (KK Card in this does wonders if +10)

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1636/
http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18539/

These 2 are really expensive but worth it for the Cast time reduction of 10% & magic damage increases of 8%. Also frees up the Mid Head slot and Shield.

A +9 CoD ofc gives 20% Cast Reduction and +10% Magic Damage which is slightly better but then you are still stuck with inferior Staffs and no Shield for best damage.

#6 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

So I'm starting up my warlock shortly....
I figured I'd have a head start with gears since I have my cod, diab robe, nid garb, and variants
But other than that what equips will I need? I cannot use my rod on a mage class so specifically what weapon? Maybe Staff of Destruction?

Also could someone please help me with stats and skills? I don't know what skills to get as a mage then wizard.

Thanks ;o

omg i was a life-long AB too! xD Made my lock recently as well.

I used a survivor's rod for the low mage levels. Then moved to thorn staff of darkness when i got a high enough level. COD will serve you well but Skull cap is best in combo with the thorn staff.

as a Mage i found these skills VERY useful:
fire wall (err, not really, i had a friend tank me most of the time, definitely for soloing)
thunderstorm (just go to orc dungeon and mob level o.o)
fire bolt (for soloing, just run, bolt, run)
ice bolt (as above)
safety wall (sw, bolt, sw, bolt)

I pumped int high so I could one shot with bolts(got 80, before i finally got some dex).

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

SoD would give you the best end damage as of right now in the game... the higher the upgrade, the better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users