28 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Long story short: Been away for a while, started up RO again, Caster Stalker is currently my most gear'd character and I'd like to have some advice for where to level. Last time I logged on, I was on Dark Priests in Glastheim using Storm Gust on hordes of them. If there's anyplace else that's more viable/faster leveling, could you point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Try doing the Turn In quests at the 2nd floor of Eden Group.

Magmarings is another option at your level.

Edited by GuardianTK, 03 January 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#3 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

Haven't checked out the turn-ins, but I will after maint.

As for magmarings, I remember that I was actually able to get more exp out of using Storm Gust on Dark Priest mobs and getting more exp out of it because I could do a ton of damage due to the undead being immune to frozen.
Unless of course there's an immensely easier way to kill a magmaring than just using level 10 Cold Bolt repeatedly.

#4 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

magmarings are lvl 110. U will get more exp from them now. They are fire property, so ice damascus and storm gust should be fine. If u prefer mobs, try magma dungeon 2.

#5 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

magmarings are lvl 110. U will get more exp from them now. They are fire property, so ice damascus and storm gust should be fine. If u prefer mobs, try magma dungeon 2.

Not sure how taking an ice dama to magmarings on a caster's going to do too much to them. I mean I get that STR doesn't factor in as much anymore, but being at like 1+single-digit certainly can't help. Also SG would freeze the rings, making them take significantly less damage from A) the remainder of SG and B) Ice Dama right?

Edited by Vyse, 03 January 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#6 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Not sure how taking an ice dama to magmarings on a caster's going to do too much to them. I mean I get that STR doesn't factor in as much anymore, but being at like 1+single-digit certainly can't help. Also SG would freeze the rings, making them take significantly less damage from A) the remainder of SG and :thumb: Ice Dama right?

omg!! Sorry for the stupid mistake. I guess i wasn't paying attention. Try desert wolf if u like. Or magma 2. Gramps turn ins should help you too. If u want undead, try niff.

#7 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

omg!! Sorry for the stupid mistake. I guess i wasn't paying attention. Try desert wolf if u like. Or magma 2. Gramps turn ins should help you too. If u want undead, try niff.

Again, I run into the "freezing" issue, unless there's a way to still do max damage with SG on them or I just end up using Cold Bolt.
Tried Nif once, but I can't handle it without a priest nearby, it's too aggressive and hectic for the amount of SP I burn through using SG and Heal. I suppose I could invest in pots but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strapped for cash and didn't want to blow money on blue pots for the off chance that Niff would work for me solo. It's also a pain to get to lol

#8 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

Again, I run into the "freezing" issue, unless there's a way to still do max damage with SG on them or I just end up using Cold Bolt.
Tried Nif once, but I can't handle it without a priest nearby, it's too aggressive and hectic for the amount of SP I burn through using SG and Heal. I suppose I could invest in pots but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strapped for cash and didn't want to blow money on blue pots for the off chance that Niff would work for me solo. It's also a pain to get to lol

to be honest, i dont like caster stalkers much coz they fare better in parties or with some good gears. Niff monsters have good amount of hp. Thats why u found it hard. But at this level there aren't many undead monsters that give lot of exp and still dont hurt u back. Maybe u should try fire on them. It will give u damage boost. Or considering u have high dex and int u should opt for traps.

#9 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'll look into trap leveling. I don't like Meteor Storm too much because it's inconsistent, but if that's one of my only options then I'll have to suck it up. I'd really like to do magmarings, but so far no one's been able to give me a good way of killing them. Coldbolt 10 doesn't do nearly as much to them as I'd like and SG freezes them.

#10 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'll look into trap leveling. I don't like Meteor Storm too much because it's inconsistent, but if that's one of my only options then I'll have to suck it up. I'd really like to do magmarings, but so far no one's been able to give me a good way of killing them. Coldbolt 10 doesn't do nearly as much to them as I'd like and SG freezes them.

one way to kill magmarings is DS spamming with frozen bow and crystal arrow. but i guess maybe u dont have bow skills.

#11 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

one way to kill magmarings is DS spamming with frozen bow and crystal arrow. but i guess maybe u dont have bow skills.

I actually do have a frozen bow(and I think it's carded now that I think about it) and I have tried DSing magmarings. The problem I'm having isn't that they aren't killable, but that the exp/unitoftime I get from rings compared to Dark Priests isn't as good or IS just as good but I end up spending more money on rings because of arrows. If I'm stuck at priests then I'm stuck at priests- I'm just looking for other, better places to level. Like I said, I'll look into trap leveling and see if that pans out.

In the meantime, any other input is welcome.

#12 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

I actually do have a frozen bow(and I think it's carded now that I think about it) and I have tried DSing magmarings. The problem I'm having isn't that they aren't killable, but that the exp/unitoftime I get from rings compared to Dark Priests isn't as good or IS just as good but I end up spending more money on rings because of arrows. If I'm stuck at priests then I'm stuck at priests- I'm just looking for other, better places to level. Like I said, I'll look into trap leveling and see if that pans out.

In the meantime, any other input is welcome.

get land mine trap and go hill winds. Use lot of traps and wings. This is really a good way

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

There is no cheap way to level "quickly." This is especially true when you turn into a 3rd class.

Dark Priests is an option, but it is going to get extremely slow if you stick to your current build. Caster Stalker isn't really a viable leveling build in Renewal now as compared to Pre-Renewal. It would work out if you are a Shadow Chaser, but anything below that isn't going to work in your favor in terms of places to level.

I completely cut out the concept of Caster Stalker builds in my guide due to this very reason. It's better to focus on leveling builds to get to 3rd class as quickly as possible.

Edited by GuardianTK, 04 January 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#14 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

There is no cheap way to level "quickly." This is especially true when you turn into a 3rd class.

Dark Priests is an option, but it is going to get extremely slow if you stick to your current build. Caster Stalker isn't really a viable leveling build in Renewal now as compared to Pre-Renewal. It would work out if you are a Shadow Chaser, but anything below that isn't going to work in your favor in terms of places to level.

I completely cut out the concept of Caster Stalker builds in my guide due to this very reason. It's better to focus on leveling builds to get to 3rd class as quickly as possible.

Well hindsight's 20/20 and all that jazz. Besides, he's got Int and Dex and from what I've been told traps are the way to go. I'm close enough to 3rd class to where it won't matter as much I don't think. My main problem with the Nif idea was that it was way too hectic to begin with. So many spawns vs the amount of space on that map could easily get anyone overwhelmed quickly.
Going back to things that have been talked about before, I've been told traps would be an effective leveling method. If this is the case, should I go with hill winds as suggested or is there a better place for that particular method?

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Well hindsight's 20/20 and all that jazz. Besides, he's got Int and Dex and from what I've been told traps are the way to go. I'm close enough to 3rd class to where it won't matter as much I don't think. My main problem with the Nif idea was that it was way too hectic to begin with. So many spawns vs the amount of space on that map could easily get anyone overwhelmed quickly.
Going back to things that have been talked about before, I've been told traps would be an effective leveling method. If this is the case, should I go with hill winds as suggested or is there a better place for that particular method?

Desert Wolves is just as good. Hill Winds tend to be risky for people who have little experience with using Traps. But yes, your Dex should be great for Landmine damage. Just practice on kiting the monsters as you go.

#16 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Desert Wolves is just as good. Hill Winds tend to be risky for people who have little experience with using Traps. But yes, your Dex should be great for Landmine damage. Just practice on kiting the monsters as you go.

I figured they'd be risky with their movement speed and range, but wolves sounds dandy actually. Using a calc for landmine damage to see what kind of output I can get on them. Seems like the calc might be outdated- it says that desert wolves are level 53, but that can't be right. Anyway, what I was trying to figure out was if I'd need to use more than one trap to kill a wolf or should I be at a point where one trap should kill one easily?

#17 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm really not sure how much damage I would be doing to wolves. I did the math myself and I got a completely different number than what the stat calc projected. Going by my math(which could very well be wrong) it would take 1-maybe 2 traps to kill a desert wolf. Going by the calc, it'd take nine traps to kill a wolf. Any advice?

#18 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm really not sure how much damage I would be doing to wolves. I did the math myself and I got a completely different number than what the stat calc projected. Going by my math(which could very well be wrong) it would take 1-maybe 2 traps to kill a desert wolf. Going by the calc, it'd take nine traps to kill a wolf. Any advice?

land mines are not for wolves. Wolves are fire property. You can do 10-15 k on HW

#19 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

land mines are not for wolves. Wolves are fire property. You can do 10-15 k on HW

How? I went to the calc and the most I could actually get it up to with what I have on my stalker is ~3k. Am I missing something?

Edited by Vyse, 04 January 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#20 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

wats ur dex and int?

#21 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

wats ur dex and int?

95+8 INT (103 total)
73+17 DEX (90 total)

#22 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

u'll be doing 12k+ on HW

#23 Vyse

Vyse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTenessee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

u'll be doing 12k+ on HW

I hate to sound like my professors, but may I see your math? xD I'm not saying I think it's wrong, I just have my doubts considering I went to two different stat calcs and they told me otherwise. They could also be wrong, of course, I'm just checking all of my bases.

#24 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

I hate to sound like my professors, but may I see your math? xD I'm not saying I think it's wrong, I just have my doubts considering I went to two different stat calcs and they told me otherwise. They could also be wrong, of course, I'm just checking all of my bases.

Damage Formula: [ DEX * (3 + Base Level/100) * (1+INT/35)]*Skill Level ± 10% + Trap Research Bonus

i.e.
[90 x 4 x 4] x 5 =7k +

HW take twice the damage so 14k+.
Now go and lvl up. Stop wasting time u lazy bum

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

He should still be able to do fine on Desert Wolves with Landmine. I was there leveling with a friend's Lv98 Hunter who was doing upwards of 12k per Landmine on them. So it should work out okay. Though that was assuming he had 99 base Dex in the first place. Guess that won't be the case anymore. :v

Vyse use this database.
http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/

Whatever you're using is seriously outdated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users