Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

I propose adding flag emotes to the game.
This feature exist in old RO days / pre renewal, shortcut = CTRL + 1~9. The feature possibly still exist in other official RO such as kRO, jRO and idRO.
Originally it consist of 9 different country flag.

Reason of adding this emotes:
1) It's cute
2) Sign to a friend or other people
3) Sign of surrender
4) Sign in pvp for a truce
5) Isn't adorable having floating flag above your character head
6) I'm sure girls will love it

Sample of the emotes:
http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=x0qs9i&s=5

Thank You.

Edited by Kaiji, 04 January 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#2 thomascgty

thomascgty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, CA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Please add the flag emotes... I have also seen it on other official server gameplay videos. It cute and nifty.... especially in PVP.

Oh please don't tell me that someone will get offended if those flag emotes were to be implemented back.

#3 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

I don't see reasons why the flag will offend people.
People usually set their Battle Mode with QWERTY. So in my opinion, adding this emotes will not interfere other shortcuts and adding nifty features.

Hope this proposal is considered by whom it may concern.

Edited by Kaiji, 06 January 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#4 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Permission to bump! The game theme itself is about cuteness, adding this emotes will give a big plus! I hope someone read this thread.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

I propose adding flag emotes to the game.
This feature exist in old RO days / pre renewal, shortcut = CTRL + 1~9. The feature possibly still exist in other official RO such as kRO, jRO and idRO.
Originally it consist of 9 different country flag.

Nope, they NEVER were accessible on iRO. I think they were added for some event on some asian RO, i think within the first year of RO. Don't remember what. Part of me wants to say it was in relation to some international sporting event, which they had an event for in game... but that may be a false memory.

They're in the client, and in the server, but there's no way to call them without an illegally modified client. They'd just need to add emote commands (say, /flagusa /flagkor etc) and have them point to the emotes. At least one monster uses them (Sting - injure it to near death, and it'll wave a flag and cloak and start healing itself)

The veterans all remember times when some attention seeker with a bot walked through town waving flag emotes impossibly fast while repeatedly changing their gender (also possible with a bot - it doesn't stick, but you can make people see you as opposite gender. Or at least you could).

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 January 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#6 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, when i play the game around 2003, the flag exists, i played at idRO that time.
I'm not sure if its an international sport as (INA) not likely to participate in one. I'm going to say the flag symbolizes the country that has substantial population of the game at that time such as korea (inventor), Indonesia has around 10k+ player at that time, many players from china and brazilia too.

I also realize when modifying the BM shorcut, eq: F1 and i want change it to CTRL+1, it says that i would duplicate 'Flag 1' if i do.

Illegaly modifying clients means iRO has to ask permission kRo first about this?

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Illegaly modifying clients means iRO has to ask permission kRo first about this?

For iRO to do it officialy, we would need to get kRO to do it for us - iRO doesn't/is incapable of/is not permitted to compile their own client executable.

What i mean by illegally modifying is that there are ways (AFAIK, it's always been done through "helper" programs or bots that run along-side and control the client) to make a client on iRO send the correct packets to use the flag emotes - and the server understands it, an the other clients see the flag emote. Doing something like that is a capital offence though, on the same level as botting.

#8 thomascgty

thomascgty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, CA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

For iRO to do it officialy, we would need to get kRO to do it for us - iRO doesn't/is incapable of/is not permitted to compile their own client executable.

What i mean by illegally modifying is that there are ways (AFAIK, it's always been done through "helper" programs or bots that run along-side and control the client) to make a client on iRO send the correct packets to use the flag emotes - and the server understands it, an the other clients see the flag emote. Doing something like that is a capital offence though, on the same level as botting.

Were there some issues when kRO ventured here in the US? I mean if official clients/servers in other countries have those functions, then iRO should also have it. Somehow it sounds like the Ragnarok Online that iRO has is a stripped down version or something similar to that.

I played on the other official server years ago when leveling sucks and only the original second jobs were available. The flags are so cute especially in PVP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users