• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ruiner09

Ruiner09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'm a 93 assassin... slowly becoming a AC :wave:. Right now i'm a crit sin which is fine for me now. But i was wondering if this hybrid double attack/crit build is worth going for. If so what kind of gears am i looking for? Any special things i might need to be able to do this?

I already have the triple crit jur +6. I can get a chick box hat for double attack instead of sidewinder.
Also i'm finding after my turn in quests are done (eden quests) i find looking for a leveling spot very hard.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Do the gramps turnins in eden group, they go all the way to 150.

Regarding crit and double attack - If you go double attack (chick or snake hat - snake hat is better), don't try to crit. Double attack 10 means that half of your attacks will be double-attacks, and hence can't crit - so half of your effort on increasing crit rate is for naught. Do one thing, and do it well.

Remember to trans to SinX (nobody calls them AC), before changing to third job - you'll suck as GX if you don't trans first.

#3 Ruiner09

Ruiner09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Gramps quest? i haven't seen that quest yet lol. Can you point in the right direction for that one?

Okay i'll do that double attack all the way then, the chick box hat is all i knew of for double attack. You said snake hat. What's it's cost/effect.

Yea i'm re-birthing into becoming a sinX before GX.

Thanks for the help lol. I'm still somewhat new to RO's renewal.

Edited by Ruiner09, 06 January 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#4 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Crit takes presidence over double attack so it would be kind of hard to be hybrid, you're either crit or you're not.

As far as gear goes I recommend getting the elemental katars as they will aid you in most all leveling situations. If possible get them slotted and put the appropriate elemental card for that weapon in them. These weapons will also come in handy for rolling cutter when you become a GX. Also they are good even if you do decide to change your mind and go double attack they work nicely with both builds. If your just beggining and want to go crit, look for some critical rings, they are fairly cheap and aid with your crit rate quite a bit. Rogues Treasure's are the real accessory you want but they are very rare and extremely expensive.

#5 Ruiner09

Ruiner09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

From what i read and people said to me. DB>crit when your auto attacking.

I heard a snake hat or chick hat are good choices but idk anything about this snake hat.

Gear wise, could you give me a good range on what i'm looking for? i.e cards/gears.

For the double attack i was wondering if katars or duel dagger/dagger and sword are better.

What are these Rogue treasures? Where can i find them haha

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Gramps quest? i haven't seen that quest yet lol. Can you point in the right direction for that one?
Talk to Gramps, first floor of eden group, can see him from the door.
Okay i'll do that double attack all the way then, the chick box hat is all i knew of for double attack. You said snake hat. What's it's cost/effect.
Snake Hat gives lvl 5 doubleattack (no help for sin, since it uses lvl 10 no matter what), slotted, and butt-ugly, and expensive as hell

Crit takes presidence over double attack so it would be kind of hard to be hybrid, you're either crit or you're not.

NO! Double attack takes precedence over crit, not the other way around! It has always been this way, and it's trivial to demonstrate this. Please stop spreading misinformation.

As far as gear goes I recommend getting the elemental katars as they will aid you in most all leveling situations. If possible get them slotted and put the appropriate elemental card for that weapon in them. These weapons will also come in handy for rolling cutter when you become a GX. Also they are good even if you do decide to change your mind and go double attack they work nicely with both builds. If your just beggining and want to go crit, look for some critical rings, they are fairly cheap and aid with your crit rate quite a bit. Rogues Treasure's are the real accessory you want but they are very rare and extremely expensive.
Ele katars are actually rather disappointing. I was excited about them too... but their attack is so low :-( As soon as you're GX, you do better with durgas + endow, or KVM katar vs demihuman

For the double attack i was wondering if katars or duel dagger/dagger and sword are better.
Key difference is with daggers, you don't need the hat - the downside is you need more weapons that are more specialized, and your ASPD is lower. I see very few people using daggers now, which I take to mean that the balance of power has swung to katars.
What are these Rogue treasures? Where can i find them haha
Rare drop in bio2 from Wikebine Tres. Map is a PITA, and the rings aint cheap.

It sounds like you don't know about the basic resources? Since you're asking about item stats - irowiki.org (for quests, database ( db.irowiki.org ) and skill info - don't trust the builds there though), Ragial.com to check prices and find people vending stuff. When irowiki database disagrees with item's ingame desc, about 80% of the time, the wiki is the correct one.

#7 Ruiner09

Ruiner09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yea i found the gramps quests to be long but worth it haha.

Yea i thought katars were better oddly enough.

About the information thing. It's not like i don't know what sites to search/look for. It's more trying to understand what is the best gears for me. I understand what to do and all these basic things.

It's really like what gears should i be looking for as an Assassin.

But for instance i'm a little off about what are durgas/endows, I'm guessing KVM katars meaning battleground ones.

I played back in day of RO where seeing a rebirthed class was rare.

#8 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

For myself personally, if you can afford it, use a sidewinder in the weapon instead of using chick/snake hat. If you go the hat route you are gona be stuck with it for a very long time unless you use costumes, then you are stuck with the few costumes out there.

Elemental weapons, the additional damage is just on par with my off the shelf +5 durga if not lower, unless you get them slotted and you carded them very well, all of them.

Personally, Im saving up for a hybrid slicing katar [2], instead of a durga [1]. Yes the durga is gona out damage the katar but by VERY little.

Double attack criting sin is fun, just that you will need some more dex than a typical full crit sin, but then again with the new RC buff, you would want to mob lvl with RC when you are above 105ish, and for RC to hit your mob well you would need dex anyways.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

For myself personally, if you can afford it, use a sidewinder in the weapon instead of using chick/snake hat. If you go the hat route you are gona be stuck with it for a very long time unless you use costumes, then you are stuck with the few costumes out there.

My argument against the sidewinder card is that it takes up a weapon card slot (there goes 30 atk, a 20% damage card, or whatever other card you'd use), the weapon is now sub-par for rolling cutter or other skills, and the resale value is reduced for that reason.

#10 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

My argument against the sidewinder card is that it takes up a weapon card slot (there goes 30 atk, a 20% damage card, or whatever other card you'd use), the weapon is now sub-par for rolling cutter or other skills, and the resale value is reduced for that reason.

True and agreed. But for me, I dont wana be stuck with 1 or 2 of head gear choice, plus we never know what new head gears are coming around the corner that may benefit us GXs. As for the resale value... well nothing much is moving ingame these days, and I dont see it improving anytime soon, if at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users