• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

So I played iRO about one to two years ago, and back then, no one spoke at all. I went through the tutorial grounds with not a single word spoken, and afterwards I still didn't meet anyone friendly. Most people would ignore me if I asked for advice, so I ultimately failed in this game, even with the forums. I'm thinking about coming back, but I'm not sure if I want to considering my past experiences, so can anyone tell me if this has changed yet? Thanks :wave:

#2 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valk

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

So I played iRO about one to two years ago, and back then, no one spoke at all. I went through the tutorial grounds with not a single word spoken, and afterwards I still didn't meet anyone friendly. Most people would ignore me if I asked for advice, so I ultimately failed in this game, even with the forums. I'm thinking about coming back, but I'm not sure if I want to considering my past experiences, so can anyone tell me if this has changed yet? Thanks :wave:

you probably wont meet anyone in training grounds but once started you will here use this thread.
http://forums.warppo...another-player/
it may be rough at first but people do talk on here also would be a good idea to tell us what server you plan on playing or if you havent yet let us know what your looking for in a server so we can help you out.

#3 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

@ts - I know how you feel. If it weren't for the forums I wouldn't have had any contacts at the start either.

#4 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

This gives me a little hope, haha :wave: I'll probably install it tonight and start up sometime soon. I'll probably start in Valk again.

#5 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

i was helping some latin players!!

fapencio its a good friend now XD

#6 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

i was helping some latin players!

That's true, and you are a nice person when you aren't raging about magic (I know that magic need a boost, but some times seems out of place).

BTW ty for the ventus tips, only because that one im able to survive now.

#7 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

That's true, and you are a nice person when you aren't raging about magic (I know that magic need a boost, but some times seems out of place).

BTW ty for the ventus tips, only because that one im able to survive now.

to sad ventus got nerfed........ but still really good against some enemies in woe, its the best life saver :wave:

the flee i think its just not working, the atack its not right, insignia effect dissapears when you change map, the elemental inmunity its not working(just give 50% of the same class of the summon) hp reduced becouse sorc hp got reduced........ i still dont know why the sorc hp got reduced, but still my best choice to summon in woe

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Be sure to find a good social guild to join when you can. It works wonders to be able to talk in guildchat while leveling.

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Most of the people you're talking to in the training grounds are probably bots. =/

Joining a guild is definitely your fastest way of meeting new people and getting help. I'd suggest looking for one as soon as possible!

#10 Arcturus7

Arcturus7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

If for some reason you choose to go on Ygg instead of Valk you are quite welcome to join our levelling guild :wave:

#11 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

What server are you on?

#12 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Joining a guild is your best bet to make friends and contacts on my noobs. Whatever you do though, don't join the Valkyrie players guild!!!

#13 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

I would say you went about it wrong, really.

There are plenty nice people on RO -- moreso, I believe, than many other games. The problem is that RO is also easy to AFK in, so you might not have been ignored, people just might have been AFK. But any time I see someone asking for help, usually someone helps them.

Definitely join a social guild (I need to find one myself!), because that helps tremendously.

Also, if you play on Ygg, feel free to poke me ingame. I'd be more than happy to hang out with you and help you! c: My characters are in my sig.

Edited by Rozelle, 06 January 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#14 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hey PatPatattack...if u join valk server,n need a social guild...join vpg-valkplayersguild guild leader Mr Budd....see up^...dont listen to him,he's jokin....vpg is d best social guild i have ever seen XD

#15 brandon

brandon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Location5 dolla holla
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

If you are playing on Valkyrie server they are probably mostly just bots that will ignore you lol. Finding a guild is the best way to meet people. You can always switch guilds until you find one you like.

#16 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think I might not play on Valk again, considering you people are telling me that a majority are bots. Ygg seems to have more active players, but I might play on Valk as well. Thanks for all the tips, if I decide to pick a server I'll be sure to try and contact you people that offer to help, means a lot :wave:

#17 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Join Ymir, no Bots, friendly and helpfull community!

Ingame the people are always nice and willing to help but try to stay away from the forum. You can find a lot of trolls, bored people insulting others for the fun and Real Life loners and losers trying to increase their E-Penis via Insulting/ Trolling what ever. Forum isnt a nice place to be.

#18 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Join Ymir, no Bots, friendly and helpfull community!

Ingame the people are always nice and willing to help but try to stay away from the forum. You can find a lot of trolls, bored people insulting others for the fun and Real Life loners and losers trying to increase their E-Penis via Insulting/ Trolling what ever. Forum isnt a nice place to be.

Haha alright, I'll try for Ymir first, thanks! (:

#19 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Yeah the Novice grounds are nothing but get to level 10 fast noob!

It's about getting into a guild, you'll meet a lot of nice people :wave:

A side note, don't ever ever ever say 7 dollars isn't a lot of money.. people will cry and be like
"OMG YOUR SO IGNORANT UGH!!!"

#20 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Just remembered I'll have to go through the training grounds again... Always took me at least two days...
PS: I tried gunslinger and Ninja back when I played, but apparently you need to be well skilled/funded to play properly? Any recommendations on what class I should pick? As long as the class is fun I don't really have a preference (:

#21 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yeah the Novice grounds are nothing but get to level 10 fast noob!

It's about getting into a guild, you'll meet a lot of nice people :wave:

A side note, don't ever ever ever say 7 dollars isn't a lot of money.. people will cry and be like
"OMG YOUR SO IGNORANT UGH!!!"

7 $ arent much per month, basically its an Happy Meal (or insert random fast food menu you like to eat) less per month.
So with this in mind, spending 7$ on RO is not only granding you oh so much benefits (Friends with Benefits anyone?) but also makes you life healthier (due to one fast food menu less!). We realy should be thanking Heimdallr everytime we pay for RO, srsly!

EDIT: Lol I accidently wrote ,,Heimdollar", sorry 'bout that. Fixed~

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 06 January 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#22 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Oh wait, I'm broke :wave: Off to Valk bot server...

#23 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oh wait, I'm broke :wave: Off to Valk bot server...

you gonna regret it :-)

See it like Lighthalzen. Ymir is the happy zone with all those nice building and the light and the Valk/Ymir (F2P) are the slums of Lighthalzen. No offense but thats how Sue C's it. Oh wait, wrong show!

#24 PatPatAttack

PatPatAttack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

<-- Forever Alone

#25 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

you gonna regret it :-)

See it like Lighthalzen. Ymir is the happy zone with all those nice building and the light and the Valk/Ymir (F2P) are the slums of Lighthalzen. No offense but thats how Sue C's it. Oh wait, wrong show!

I always knew I liked Lighthalzen for a reason. Also, $7 is almost nothing.

;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users