January 10 maintenance - Page 12 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#276 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

hi

i'd just like to be the first to politely request/beg that next week's 135-150 ti NOT be the ancient tree/phylla ti

thanks

#277 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Haven't had Bio2 in ages <_> Too much thors3/scarab2/bio3

#278 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

I dont care if you like me or not, who are you even?

Non-VIP who are not spening $ int VIP/ Kafra Points are just leechers for me and I tend to kick them off my party if I find one. But that just how I see it.

I really wish there would be an option so I can just block every non-vip forum user so I dont have to read his QQing and useless stuff anymore ._. Pls gimme I even pay more for it T_T

@Topic
Best Maintenance for a very very long time, I like the gifts a lot <3

I do not have anything left to say for someone like you. I know your type. I do hope you grow up for your sake. Have a nice day.

#279 TotallyJinxed

TotallyJinxed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

I do not have anything left to say for someone like you. I know your type. I do hope you grow up for your sake. Have a nice day.

I totally Agree with moore... you are being a tad egotistical mate :/.. and to be honest it is more fun with non-VIP players :bow: they make the server more entertaining

#280 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

I dont care if you like me or not, who are you even?

Non-VIP who are not spening $ int VIP/ Kafra Points are just leechers for me and I tend to kick them off my party if I find one. But that just how I see it.

I really wish there would be an option so I can just block every non-vip forum user so I dont have to read his QQing and useless stuff anymore ._. Pls gimme I even pay more for it T_T

@Topic
Best Maintenance for a very very long time, I like the gifts a lot <3

Although it is true that VIP's help the server and what not. In my case VIP's are usually the leechers in Party. I tend to always find VIP GX's who can't even bother to do a rolling cutter for the party... They just walk and most of the time get killed. And they still want all the benefits of the party.
VIP's tend to wait till they have their kills and leave, unlike non-VIP who most of the time stick till everyone is 400 kills, cause most of them know that If you leave, on next party those people might not invite you because you left them hanging on the last run.

Most VIP's think just because they have VIP they don't have to care/worry about others. Well I have news for those VIP's, keep doing that.. and we'll see how many parties you can find later on :rofl:

Less than an hour? That's a lie. First floor, you need to clear 50 Aged Planktons and 50 Aged Marinas. Second floor, 75 Aged Vadons and 75 Aged Kukres. Third floor, 100 Aged Obeaunes and 100 Aged Marses. Fourth floor, 125 Aged Marcs and 125 Aged Phens. Fifth floor, 150 Aged Stroufs and 150 Aged Mermens. I can do Overlook in a day but it took my all day long solo or with friends. Sometimes 2 or 3 days. How did you did complete all floors in less than an hour? Do explain.

First, when I said you can finish it in 1 hour I did mention I went with a friend didn't I? Second, I went in with a ninja so I was one shooting everything till lvl 4. Third, I didn't go there for the EXP (Who does that), I went for the free card at the end (since I needed a marc and my friend a phen). We both finished the dungeon in less than an hour (We were actually even trying to do it faster since it was just 1 and half hour till maintance hit and I had leveled inside to 73 and could no longer enter if I were to dc)... I was the ninja and he was a alchemist, I killed, he carried the kunais and potted me. It's called team work learn to use it :dunno:

SO don't call me a lier if you've never even tried it.

Guys i cant use FAW Magic Decoy skill from Mecha, whats the problem with that sikill?? i got it lvl 5 and when i cast it i just see the cast bar and nothing happen, i have all the items that say in the skill description so whats the problem?

It got better after the balance patch. You no longer need elemental stones. What you now need is sorcerer points which can be bought in many main cities. For example I tend to buy them in Aldebaran just outside the entrance to clock tower. They are super cheap like 200z per. I use them for elemental shift :bow:

Hope this information helps.

Edited by iiNote, 13 January 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#281 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

I would like to deeply apologize for my previous hard words.
I might have been a little to over the top and emotional about that Non-VIP/ VIP hating.

I am really sorry and will no longer be so hard. I should have never called them Leechers,that was just plain rude and I swear to god (People that know me might agree with me) that I am not a mean person at all.
I might was just to scared of the previously closing from several official Servers (cRO, mRO and soon aRO/fRO) due to not making enough cash anymore to be of profit.

Indeed I have to admit that I am happy to have also non-vip's on the server. They are increasing the population and they are always an welcomed and helping hand during TI's. If any non-vip decides to spend $ to pay VIP I would gladly welcome them in the ,,VIP-Club" but I will also be happy to have them around if they are just non-vip. (I shall never forget that there are people that may or may not be as ,,rich" as we/ I am and may not be able to afford VIP and Kafra Shop stuff regularly).

This said I hope you and all people I might have been rude to accept my apologize - I am really deeply sorry!

#282 eatMagnetic

eatMagnetic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGermany (Freiburg)
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

I would like to deeply apologize for my previous hard words.
I might have been a little to over the top and emotional about that Non-VIP/ VIP hating.

[...]derp[...]

This said I hope you and all people I might have been rude to accept my apologize - I am really deeply sorry!

Lol. You fail my dear sir.
Even more since you put up a chat InGame...

Nevermind though, you and your bright ideas. It seems not plausible for me, that you changed your mind that quickly (see "derp").

#283 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

just let non-vip take both TIs at time (:

#284 Elenaire

Elenaire

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Then leave :bow:

Sorry but I am so fu**ing tired of all this QQing going on. You dont like? Dont play.

I have leveled several chars and I NEVER took longer than 2 days (both 2n job an rebirth after included) to do the dungeon or outlvl it. I even did it solo.
Srsly I dont get all that QQing going on lately. Just to point it out again. You do not like it, quit. I know I said that before but if you are a non-vip and do not make any incoming $$ for the server you do not have any rights to demand anything at all. Sorry

Congradulations, you have a lot of time on your hands to play. I don't.

I am not making any demands I am simply bringing up problems with the latest patch. If noone voices their concerns with it, they won't know what they are doing wrong. It is not right to take away something we had previously. I like this game but I don't have the time to play that much and all these changes just make it that much harder.

#285 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

POPULAR

This VIP vs non-VIP argument is silly and unproductive. Both are important to the survival of RO, and it is clear that the community wants to increase VIP benefits but not by removing them from non-VIPs. Both VIP and non-VIP players support the economy and buy kafra shop items. I'm glad to see a lot of new posters in this thread, but I'd like more if the discussion could be directed towards more constructive ends.

#286 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's right Like making the sage worm a pet!!!

#287 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Or making arch bishop/warlock mora gears a choice and not a gamble...

#288 EaGle35SE

EaGle35SE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:AllegedEaGle
  • Server:iRO - Classic

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

edit quoted wrong person lol

Edited by EaGle35SE, 13 January 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#289 EaGle35SE

EaGle35SE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:AllegedEaGle
  • Server:iRO - Classic

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

AWESOME changes! Thank you for implementing this dear Heim!

May I add a few suggestions please?
- Please think about hiring an Eden Girl at the NORTH Kafra Station at Prontera? Right now the NORTH exit is the only exit without an Eden Girl employed/ stationed. Even Morroc got 2 :blah:

- Please add the yet not existing Warps to Eden Group HQ so we can Access the Inn Room (Top Floor LEFT) and the Grocery Store (TOP Floor Middle).

- PLEASE add an new Cash Shop Item (If HQ refuses to implement the already existing ,,Death old GM Robot" file so death Mado wont get stripped off of their Mado when they die) so People wo died during wearing their mado can recall an Mado right on the spot without having to go back and get a new one.
We both know this will bring you A LOT of money (How About 10 or 20 Summons for 100 Points?) $$$$ | Besides, I am not an Mechanic nor an Mado user, it just seems unfair to me that the Mechanic Class got soooo many disadvantages and I somehow am feeling with them. This changes could ressurect the Mado Users and bring new fun and fairness to the game. Please consider this, thank you!

can we give this guy the nobel peace prize for ro. best post ever +1

#290 Taskforce1

Taskforce1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

just let non-vip take both TIs at time (:

meh. Doesnt seem like they are gonna revert back to the old TI system for non vips without having to use reset stones. I already 150ed my main so its w/e. No motivation to continue lvling my alt. Im now playing a different game and login 3 times a week for et and woe.

#291 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

Since there's signs that GMs are still reading this thread, here's a constructive opinion.

I believe the reason to change non-vips to 1 TI is to "encourage" more play times on the server, that I believe in itself is a good thing - bigger community, more fun. But the thing is, even with the gramps giving TI warps with reset stones, non-vips are still limited, discouraged if you like, to take part in the TI parties, simply as some has said before, not everyone have times to play days on end, so a reset stone for 1-2 TI isnt really worth it for them. So I would suggest that, keeping the 1 TI per turn, but offer the warps to non-vips for a charge of X amount of zeny per go, or maybe, spend 1 reset stone to give you a X amount of gramps warping credit, so they wont be wasting a stone even if they are only free to play for a limited of time.

#292 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

After a week, I am pretty sure the # of parties is at an all time low. I'm still trying to lvl my characters, but some of my non-VIP friends have just given up because of the completely unnecessary nerf to them. Sometimes I can't seem to find a party even during the busy times of the day, including right now. I am so sure this "change" is doing more harm than it's doing good to the RO game.

#293 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

After a week, I am pretty sure the # of parties is at an all time low. I'm still trying to lvl my characters, but some of my non-VIP friends have just given up because of the completely unnecessary nerf to them. Sometimes I can't seem to find a party even during the busy times of the day, including right now. I am so sure this "change" is doing more harm than it's doing good to the RO game.

You're not looking right... Have you tried the booking system? I get parties all the time and really fast.

#294 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

hi

i'd just like to be the first to politely request/beg that next week's 135-150 ti NOT be the ancient tree/phylla ti

thanks

Phylla cards would be nice, though (:

#295 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

On ymir there are hardly ever turn in parties now, I know since being in Aus the time difference makes it harder but ive never seen it so dead before :blah:

#296 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

It would be funny if they would make a bifrost mobs turn in for 135-150 xD

#297 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have to agree with you, unfortunately.

Since the Maintenance there was hardly any TI Party at all. There were also a few parties that tried to R> some people but gave up at the end cause people got bored of waiting and just left/ logged out ect ect.

While we all might welcome the 2 Monster per TI change, I must say that it looks like the recent Non-VIP Nerf killed not only the TI Parties but also the Ingame population (Speaking for Ymir). We might take into consideration here as well,that Event WoE did their thing to drop the pop as well.

Hopefully the GM Team will realize what is currently happening Ingame and take the needed actions to fix it (From listening to a few conversations ingame it seems that Non-VIP just ,,gave up" and were not encouraged to buy VIP. It even goes so far that some of them just gave up at all cause they feel like being more and more punished and threw back for being non-vip and just ,,go back from where they came from". I am not sure if this is what we all wanted?)

Just my 2 cents and I am really sorry how the VIP/NonVIP thing went ingame.

@Oda

As you demanded:

I propose that you give the Non-VIP's the possibility back toget 2 TI Monsters at the same time without having to use a Reset Stone. I know that you need to make profit but I think punishing the non-vip this way was doing more harm than good to the Population itself.
Just find ways to give more benefits to the VIP and therefore make it more profitable to be/ get VIP.

Hopefully you can check your Population Charts/ Incoming$ Charts as well as to check if the VIP Purchasing has increased and take the needed actions.

//------------//
Note: Making Non-VIP wanting to have VIP via punishing them to the point where you are making a ,,2-People" enviroment isnt the right way to go. Non-VIP should feel that they WANT to have VIP not being pushed to be in order to being able to play and keep up with their friends/ every other Human on the Server. If we consider that most NonVIP came from ,,other servers" the current changes will drag them back to where they came from with the result that the Pop will drop and drop to the point where you lose VIP's cause their friends/ guilds/ grandma quitted and making themself quit. Making benefit is needed and I know/ realize that it is your first goal to created benefit but it is needed to find a balance. I am sure you gonna find the balance,I know you'll do.

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 15 January 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#298 RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

On ymir there are hardly ever turn in parties now, I know since being in Aus the time difference makes it harder but ive never seen it so dead before :blah:

I've observed over the past couple of days that the most party recruitment chats generally appear around 10AM to 12PM PST (GMT -8:00) but those are only for AL and Lighthalzen. I didn't even try to find parties the past 2+ weeks, though, so I don't really have a baseline number to compare this week's to.

To add to the discussion:

Forcing Non-VIPs to do only one monster kill count at a time has actually made me play for longer. On the downside, I've observed the same drop in non-VIP players in my Turn-In parties (on Ymir). On the Wednesday after the most recent patch, I had 3 other Non-VIPs walking/teleporting with me through AL1 and AL2 but, after that, I have usually been the only Non-VIP in my parties. Whether the Non-VIPs have indeed quit, stopped doing the TIs, or upgraded to VIP status is impossible to tell, though.

Edited by RedPhoenix, 16 January 2012 - 12:53 AM.

#299 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

You're not looking right... Have you tried the booking system? I get parties all the time and really fast.

Yes, I've tried everything. I actually play a LOT compared to most people and I try to look for TI parties to get exp in even if I don't have the turn in.

I'm very sad to say that at least 5 or more non-VIP friends of mine have told me they've given up on the turn ins because of the new system and haven't been playing RO or are quitting / thinking of quitting.

Again, it may not have have been a problem if the turn ins were originally always one monster for non-VIP. However, maybe you can think of it like this. Give a child two candies every day for 1 year, and then give them only one candy every day after that and say it was always intended to be one candy. Anyone will tell you something was taken away from them, no matter how much you say "it was never intended like this".

#300 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Finding parties on Ymir in the Australian peak hours (late night American time zones) became very easy when they initially added the reset stones to reset your timers for Gramps, but then actually died off when they nerfed/put a timer on reset stones a month ago now (and the single TI's of the Christmas/New Years period compounded that). Before people could a grab a TI when ever was convenient or when ever they saw a party starting. When there was a good TI (like Jup) people would perhaps stay up a bit later, or get up earlier to catch TIs so there was parties forming in Eden 24/7. Now the situation is always determined by your timer be it for the 23 hours normal period or the reset stone - hence you will really only find TI parties if you adjust your hours a little (if you can) and play in the American peak hours.

Edited by lainee, 16 January 2012 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users