Mora Warlock Sets - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mora Warlock Sets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Noticing all the rangers, guillotine crosses and rune knights with their fancy new gear, I come to wonder how many coins were spent on getting them? It seems so easy. You talk to the NPC and state which gear you want for a cost of ten coins, then you can enchant each of the three slots individually for one coin each. If it fails, the enchants are removed and the item is returned, or it -sometimes- breaks. Upon which you just choose to receive what you broke again.

The warlock sets do not work this way. You are able to choose "Armors, Boots, Accessories, Staves" and the NPC gives you whatever it feels like giving you. This also costs ten coins. This makes it cost an exuberant amount of coins if you are after a particular set.
I for example wanted a Crimson set.
I got:

4 forest orbs, 3 goldenrod orbs, an aqua orb
2 aqua robes and a forest robe
2 aqua shoes, crimson shoes
3 forest staves, 2 aqua staves, 2 crimson staves, 2 goldenrod staves

Total coins spent: 80 + 30 + 30 + 90 = 230

Figuring I've made the aqua set, may as well use it, I decided to try enchanting the staff. For two coins, you enchant two simultaneous slots. If it fails, it breaks. I broke all the staves after getting a resupply of coins from a friend.

Next, what happens if you actually get a set? You gain bonus damage for a single element, gain resistance to the same element, but become weak to the other elements. Despite what it says on the equipment, none of the armors are slotted. I attempted to put Green Ferus card in every pair of shoes and a Zerom card in the accessory to no avail. So if you're wearing the set, you have no shield on because it's a two handed staff and you have no armor cards or HP boosts whatsoever, on an already tiny HP mod. I understand the intention of building a glass cannon here, but ... really? So the goal of this must be pvm or mvp, right? If it's absolutely non-conducive to a player's survival in any way while only adding damage for one or two spells ... why is it so difficult to acquire? Certainly harder than any other 3-1 class sets.

tl;dr, you spend a ridiculous amount of coins for a chance at acquiring a set that isn't even very good in the first place. What's the deal?

Edited by Brindizer, 07 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

The -real- issue is that some of the sets don't even work; the 40/60% bonus damage does not apply, nulling the whole point of getting the set.

#3 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

They worked on Sakray just fine, but not on the main servers? Even better.

I heard that none of the Empowered staves were working, too.

#4 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

To get my Cure of Light with the enchant I wanted it took.. 5 rings, 10+ enchants. So for the ring I wanted (which isnt perfect yet) It took me 60+ coins. Will be attempting to get a double cure1lv. which will likely be another.. 100+ coins.. x.x

My ranger has broken 4 armors trying to get something not crappy, usually its my own fault for pressing my luck and getting a 3rd enchant. so, thats my bad.

You have my symphthy.. warlocks got it hard.

There should be an easier way for you guys.. /pat

Ediiiitt// On another note. I think all gears should be gotten the warlock way. I feel like mora sets are too beneficial stat wise, and its major devaluing on items that we used to use, like Variants. Whos gonna use those now? 2k more HP 1k more SP or 50% more damage to arrow storm? thats just how I feel.

Edited by Fluffylovr, 07 January 2012 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users