Bryn following the path of asprika - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Bryn following the path of asprika

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

I come from ymir and there is a good number of bryn on the server. Not nearly close to the amount of asprika but a good amount. The recent balance patch took to WOE a step back into the past of pre-renewal woe. Before the balance change Bryn was a great default armor for most classes that had over 100 int, specially the caster classes. New Woe the bryn is no longer needed. Most people have gone back to wearing unfrozen or glorious suits. There is the argument of armor swapping between unfrozen and bryn. The GR is just so much better and way cheaper than the bryn for reduction. Bryn is still a great PVM armor as is the asprika. The huge amount of SP gained is great and the no-knock back is beneficial. Unfortunately now with MVPS getting buffed for more HP and newer skills an incrediabley geared sura(byrn.+9lod,nid,variants,morroc rings,ak carga) will lose to a sub-par geared genetic. I wanna say before the patch the bryn was worth an easy 6bil now its gonna down to about 4ish bil. I think the byrn will continue to lose value in the future as more come out on the market since it is no longer a good WOE gear.

#2 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

O.o I will just say... isn't armor swapping a staple from the oldest servers or that changed fromt he original three servers?

Anyway, brynhild is a god item still while Aesprika pvm is the only way to be a god item... But I have seen full god item geared shura being pwned by a shura same level with crappy gear because of playstyle.

damn, I kind of miss those "buff sleipnir" threads xD

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

But Bryn should be going up in price since Valkyrie Randgris is so much harder to kill now and she usually end ET parties who didn't prepare well enough. :thumb:

#4 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

100 int = unfrozen is retarded. Now something must be done about vit immunity like increase from 100 to 120 vit or immunity only with 100 base stat without bonus.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Wait bryn was a good WoE armor? Did I miss something here when I used ele armors instead?

Before renewal - Oh they hotkeyed it in WoE and swapped, just like a GR, deadly, holy or any other armor. It's not like you're limited to 2 armors to swap. I used to switch between deadly/GR/holy/bryn pre-re.

It's still extremely useful for tanking mvps, knockback is a huge deal, and I doubt there's much better in the way of armor for pvm.

#6 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I DEMAND EVERY GODLIKE ITEM TO GET AN SLOT AND BE ENCHANTABLE BY THE GOD HAMMER (New NPC that enchants thing by a random chance with several bonis. You'll need items from Kafra Shop of course :thumb:)

#7 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Wonder how much would it cost if an asprika and bryn can be carded

#8 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

IMHO over upgrade of god items should be enabled.

#9 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

I come from ymir and there is a good number of bryn on the server. Not nearly close to the amount of asprika but a good amount. The recent balance patch took to WOE a step back into the past of pre-renewal woe. Before the balance change Bryn was a great default armor for most classes that had over 100 int, specially the caster classes. New Woe the bryn is no longer needed. Most people have gone back to wearing unfrozen or glorious suits. There is the argument of armor swapping between unfrozen and bryn. The GR is just so much better and way cheaper than the bryn for reduction. Bryn is still a great PVM armor as is the asprika. The huge amount of SP gained is great and the no-knock back is beneficial. Unfortunately now with MVPS getting buffed for more HP and newer skills an incrediabley geared sura(byrn.+9lod,nid,variants,morroc rings,ak carga) will lose to a sub-par geared genetic. I wanna say before the patch the bryn was worth an easy 6bil now its gonna down to about 4ish bil. I think the byrn will continue to lose value in the future as more come out on the market since it is no longer a good WOE gear.

Oh no! not this Again

Edited by Chigikogou, 09 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Why are you worried about what other people have so much?

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Why are you worried about what other people have so much?

Don't be an idiot Myzery, you know RO is competitive and that other people's items are relevant.
That's like caring about people botting supplies using mvp abuse, or botting in general. You can't be bothered about one and expect people not to care about the other.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Forcing people to swap gears is a good thing, defaulting bryns/tao is dumb. Now there's a counter to it like there should be A+

#13 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Just saying with so many better armors out there in woe. Bryn has left the woe scene. Bryn is still a fantastic pvm gear. Nobody is denying it. Armor swapping is good but not when basically three armors outshine(unfrozen, ghost,and fire) the rest.

#14 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

what's with the asprika bashing? i was glad i had a garment to use.... last nontrans woe.

:thumb:

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

what's with the asprika bashing? i was glad i had a garment to use.... last nontrans woe.

:thumb:

Teleport doesn't work in WoE O.o

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Don't be an idiot Myzery, you know RO is competitive and that other people's items are relevant.
That's like caring about people botting supplies using mvp abuse, or botting in general. You can't be bothered about one and expect people not to care about the other.

There's the difference of those latter things being obtained through means they weren't supposed to be obtained through.
If someone worked hard and bought an item, I don't care. I don't even care if they bought it with irl money really, with the way it's accepted to pump money into WPE to trade for zeny.

Edited by Myzery, 09 January 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

defaulting god items was never their intention, these were rare item award to guilds (groups of warriors)
the problem is that everyone expect very class to weild them with the same effectiveness....
fact is each god item has a certain class which can take full advantage of it. you have greedy guild leaders who wear nothing but god gear, when really its more effective to split it among his warriors

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Bryn is a PVM armor.

#19 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

if bryn is slotted maybe the value would be like 30b 1 bryn? LOL

#20 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

if bryn is slotted maybe the value would be like 30b 1 bryn? LOL

LOL -> Deviant Asprika and Ghost Bryn

#21 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

@TS: As I have read your post.. correct me for misconception (which I doubt to happen)
You are telling us Brynhild has a good amount of numbers of players in Ymir who has it. How it used to be a best default armour.
You got whopped like a lobster by a geneticist with poor gears in MVP terms.. and you are a sura with "Brynhild".
You posted here telling the world you got.. "whopped" saying Brynhild is not that good and it sucks like Asprika (sorry Asprika lovers)

I will give you some points.. (next post.. sorry my Damned mobile has text limit)

#22 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Point One: Like you have said, Bryn has a good amount of numbers in Ymir.
How it used to be the best default armour in pre-patch along with the 100 stat immunity..
How about the people without Bryn? post-patch actually balanced things.
Now poor people without Bryn can actually compete via means of armour swirching.

Point Two: I really do not know what is the connection of a Bryn wearing sura with MVP damage gears against a "Poorly" geared geneticist.
You are telling us you got out powered by a geneticist?
For crying out loud.. it is the only thing they have.. "power"
Do you think that geneticist could tank an MVP and kill it alone easily?
You wearing Bryn, MVPs musta tickle you. Tanking with power to kill is greatef than just power alone.

Point Three: Aftef all this Enlightenment, would you still think Bryn sucks?
In WOE the only people that will freeze your ass is either a Warlock a Mado Mech or some poor or a genius bastard wearing Marina weapon.
Everybody else is wearing KVM. This is where armour switching should kiss you.

Also about Glorious suit, I believe the unfrozen works if you are wearing a set (correct me if wrong)
If fhat is so.. meaning Bryn with Nidhoggur is still much better.
If someone tries to sell a Bryn worth 3-4b because they thought it sucks just like you did (but no offense to you)
I'd be happy to buy if off in his or her hands and call that person stupid afterwards.

#23 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

If someone tries to sell a Bryn worth 3-4b because they thought it sucks just like you did (but no offense to you)
I'd be happy to buy if off in his or her hands and call that person stupid afterwards.

Really man??? C'mon

#24 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

for a moment there i thought Bryn was going to become 400hp and 50sp, thats more inline with what happend to asprika. Bryn is still an incredibly powerful armor, thats not likely to change.

#25 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

yep...bryn is still good. learn to switch. i'd be happy to take 1 off for 4b or w/e from someone, not kidding. without them, people who knows how to switch gr/unfro in woe will prob be hard as hell to kill.

seriously, it packs a defence too. high enough to be reckoned in pvp/woe/pvm.

Edited by Aeroku, 10 January 2012 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users