Class Testing and Explaination - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Testing and Explaination

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

if you count Maestro and Wanderer as the same class
The least played class is mechanic... remains to be seen and asked "has this class been fully tested?" :P

Its interesting looking at these statistics, matching offensive classes to each-other.
Overall i think it shows which classes people enjoy playing the most.

On the surface you would expect rune knight to be a very balanced class, with the amount of player that have managed to 135+ a rune knight. each using different stat, skill and gear builds. even play styles would differ. only question that comes to mind... what % reported bugs about this class?

Also it shows aco and swordie classes are the most picked, leveled and highest rated classes... is this due to ease of leveling?

are mage classes the hardest to level?

these stats answer a few questions, but overall they leave me pondering more.

#2 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

I think it might be a combination of ease of leveling, and ability to solo. Of course the most played classes are also very needed in parties and WoE as well.

#3 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

Mechanics are the least played class because everyone wants to be a solo killer on this server. Where as mechanics are now more of a supporter. Mechanics have really good additions to a MVP party or instances and team fights. Arm Cannon doesn't miss (Unless pneuma'd and soon will be like Dragon Breath where it can't be reduced by race), Neutral Barrier blocks ranged (and soon magic and Acid Demo again, that will be a walking 5x5 Pneuma and Magnetic Earth combined, What's not to like?) and gives 45% DEF and MDEF which is awesome for you and your party since Mado's get ALOT of Defense (I can hit 350 DEF at the momment with normal +4 gear, and you get to wear a shield, so that's 490 DEF for me which is roughly 50% reduc to Melee).

You can also pretty much spam Knuckle Boost at the same rate as Vanishing Point under Strings and it hits pretty much the same (taking you have 100DEX or higher which you should since Mado Mechs needs high DEX for Faster Cast times), the RG's may have inspiration but we also have Pile Bunker which is the Highest ATK weapon on the game yet, and it's WAY cheaper in SP...

You have Ice Launcher which freezes and also causes Freezing so if you're smart enough you'd know you should have wind converters on you to boost damage on freezing targets...

You can change your Element when desired without needing to change your armor. (That is if you sacrifice Stealth Barrier, and one point from the pretty useless Flamethrower. Neutral Barrier is still better than Stealth Barrier anyway).

Although that's the way Mado Gear works.

Axe type can deal more with HSCR spam but are weaker in DEF. I really don't see what's the problem with Mechanics, you can clearly see that kRO's intention was not to make a Terminator, but a Tanky Supporting Robot. Who can also deal moderate damage.

Edited by iiNote, 10 January 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#4 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Mechanics are the least played class because everyone wants to be a solo killer on this server. Where as mechanics are now more of a supporter. Mechanics have really good additions to a MVP party or instances and team fights. Arm Cannon doesn't miss (Unless pneuma'd and soon will be like Dragon Breath where it can't be reduced by race), Neutral Barrier blocks ranged (and soon magic and Acid Demo again, that will be a walking 5x5 Pneuma and Magnetic Earth combined, What's not to like?) and gives 45% DEF and MDEF which is awesome for you and your party since Mado's get ALOT of Defense (I can hit 350 DEF at the momment with normal +4 gear, and you get to wear a shield, so that's 490 DEF for me which is roughly 50% reduc to Melee).

You can also pretty much spam Knuckle Boost at the same rate as Vanishing Point under Strings and it hits pretty much the same (taking you have 100DEX or higher which you should since Mado Mechs needs high DEX for Faster Cast times), the RG's may have inspiration but we also have Pile Bunker which is the Highest ATK weapon on the game yet, and it's WAY cheaper in SP...

You have Ice Launcher which freezes and also causes Freezing so if you're smart enough you'd know you should have wind converters on you to boost damage on freezing targets...

You can change your Element when desired without needing to change your armor. (That is if you sacrifice Stealth Barrier, and one point from the pretty useless Flamethrower. Neutral Barrier is still better than Stealth Barrier anyway).

Although that's the way Mado Gear works.

Axe type can deal more with HSCR spam but are weaker in DEF. I really don't see what's the problem with Mechanics, you can clearly see that kRO's intention was not to make a Terminator, but a Tanky Supporting Robot. Who can also deal moderate damage.

your making my point for me, no one makes melee mado, power-swing, axe tornado, axe boom, fire/earth research. these are the skills that bother me the most...

Really its just the lack of damage and range of weapons, it seems pile bunker has made up for having such weak skills but changing to two handed weapons your losing damage...

Axe type... whats this crap about hscr, the skill SUCKS!! not to mention it non mado and youd use pile not an axe to deal the most damage with it.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well, the best comparison to do with a HSCR mech is that they act like a pre-balance GX. "Ctrl+Clicking" things to death with EDP, but instead of auto attack, they spam the skill.

Not bad, but uneffective because Renewal leveling system "does not allow it"

@Maestro/Wanderer.

No, they can't be considered as the same class. Except pre-balance, where both classes were wanted on PVM for the same thing: Severe Rainstorm.

Now they have different purposes. The maestro gives strings, and the wanderer does... Nothing. If I had a mechanic and a wanderer at the same level, and needed to leveling... I would level the mechanic. ^^

#6 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

your making my point for me, no one makes melee mado, power-swing, axe tornado, axe boom, fire/earth research. these are the skills that bother me the most...

Really its just the lack of damage and range of weapons, it seems pile bunker has made up for having such weak skills but changing to two handed weapons your losing damage...

Axe type... whats this crap about hscr, the skill SUCKS!! not to mention it non mado and youd use pile not an axe to deal the most damage with it.

PVM wise HSCR is still a good skill. And what if the axe tree of mechanics isn't as good as the Mado? You don't see RK's using IB or Sonic Wave in PVP/WoE do you? Some skills are not cut out for PVP/WoE but are good for PVM. Axe tornado is still a pretty good skill PVM wise since you can combo it with Hammer Fall. And Power Swing does deal some moderate dmg depending on what axe you're using. Seriously dude if you don't like your Mechanic cause you can't use axe skills/don't see him killing ALOT then play another class! Let it go already.

Obviously Mechanics are not the thing you want.
In my case I love Mechanics! I used to play RK and I'm just loving how versatile this class is.

#7 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Also it shows aco and swordie classes are the most picked, leveled and highest rated classes... is this due to ease of leveling?

To be fair, Acolyte and Swordsman have always been the most popular classes on RO. Priests and Knights just come off as the good guys and the majority of people still like playing the good guys.

The main problem with thirds is that they started to blend the line between class roles (i.e. Sorcerers doing AoE magic/Warlocks doing anti-support, RGs getting super attack skills/RKs getting nice defensive runes, etc), and they started giving every class a solo-able AoE skill (the kafra shop, rideword hats, green ales, and kaahi were more of the issue here though).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users