ASPD. About that.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ASPD. About that..

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

My hunter has 175 ASPD unbuffed.

When I use Awake potions I get +4 ASPD

Posted Image
Gives Aspd +15% for 30 minutes.

When I use +9 Mercury Riser I get 1 ASPD.

Posted Image
Aspd +3%
Crit +3
If refined to +7 or +8, adds an additional Aspd +2% and Critical +2.
If refined to +9 or higher, adds an additional Aspd +2% and Critical +2.

Now, if I am doing this right, I should be getting aspd 7% from the mercury riser.

I tested these items on a hunter with 180 aspd and it gave the same results.

Now if I whip out my calculater..

When I do 180 x .07 and I get 12.6. So 7% of 180 is 12.6. (But google says when I do 180 * 7% its 12.5..)
When I do 180 x .15 I get 27.. (Google said I did this math right)

So with just those two items theoretically I should be getting +39 aspd. Correct? Why do I only get 5 aspd then?

What am I missing? c: What am I doing wrong?

Why is it so hard to build my aspd!?

Edited by Fluffylovr, 10 January 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#2 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

My hunter has 175 ASPD unbuffed.

When I use Awake potions I get +4 ASPD

When I use +9 Mercury Riser I get 1 ASPD.

Now, if I am doing this right, I should be getting aspd 7% from the mercury riser.

I tested these items on a hunter with 180 aspd and it gave the same results.

Now if I whip out my calculater..

When I do 180 x .07 and I get 12.6. So 7% of 180 is 12.6. (But google says when I do 180 * 7% its 12.5..)
When I do 180 x .15 I get 27.. (Google said I did this math right)

So with just those two items theoretically I should be getting +39 aspd. Correct? Why do I only get 5 aspd then?

What am I missing? c: What am I doing wrong?

Why is it so hard to build my aspd!?

Because the ASPD formula are really retarted, just look at RK getting more aspd with MACE than swords.

Wana get 193 max aspd? Try getting 160 total agi, or make a frenzy RK.

#3 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Everything in RO has a formula. You can't apply any kind of math and expect a result if you don't know how it is actually calculated.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Aspd

#4 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

half of it has to do with weapon types, mechanics lose 15 atkspd using daggers, but using an axe is the same as using fists

% increases are only effective when ur mass stacking them to 100%

dex and agi will increase base atk speed but lower % increases

sheilds also lower atk spd, depending on which class you are... (genetics bypass this rule) :P
also from what i recall.. jro has different atkspd formula compared to kro... i dono which we use

#5 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Everything in RO has a formula. You can't apply any kind of math and expect a result if you don't know how it is actually calculated.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Aspd

That just broke my brain.. :/

#6 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

even i find, depending when i use AR, zerk potions and buffs my atk spd will fluctuate between + or - 1 atkspd

#7 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Aspd isn't as bad as matk.

#8 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

when i use increase AGI it doesn't seem to increase my aspd

#9 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

The formulas in this game can be confusing but I think what yours missing in your first post is your taking your final attack speed and multiplying the equipment percent. The is jut a calculation error look back at the final attack speed formula and you will see that equipment increase is part of the finally formula so it's not just a simple multiplication problem. It makes sense of plug in the right numbers into the formula.

Simply put.....to need alot of aspd boosts and agi to get close to 193.. My ranger has 120 agi and even with a Wing set ad buffs I can barely hit 190 aspd. Just to give u an idea. If u have more questions you can pm me if your on Ymir Dawei and I can go into more detail just lazy to do this on my phone.

#10 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

The formulas in this game can be confusing but I think what yours missing in your first post is your taking your final attack speed and multiplying the equipment percent. The is jut a calculation error look back at the final attack speed formula and you will see that equipment increase is part of the finally formula so it's not just a simple multiplication problem. It makes sense of plug in the right numbers into the formula.

Simply put.....to need alot of aspd boosts and agi to get close to 193.. My ranger has 120 agi and even with a Wing set ad buffs I can barely hit 190 aspd. Just to give u an idea. If u have more questions you can pm me if your on Ymir Dawei and I can go into more detail just lazy to do this on my phone.

Well, I am planning 120 agi, My +6 agi WW mant, filirs pinions, bradium brooch, and mercury riser.. this will 193 without buffs perhaps? c:

#11 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Well, I am planning 120 agi, My +6 agi WW mant, filirs pinions, bradium brooch, and mercury riser.. this will 193 without buffs perhaps? c:

I hope you are counting eden buffs and +20 foods, otherwise, no.

#12 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

It's ridiculously easy to get 193 aspd with WW set.

#13 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

It's ridiculously easy to get 193 aspd with WW set.

easy possibly cost friendly not really. even with the best type of enchants in your wing set and maxed agi its not possible. you have to have +20 food to even pull it off it that. i mean it much easier for ranger then any other class but really....it has always been this way and only makes sense to stay this way but like it has been pointed out glass cannon.... yah we hit hard and fast...bit we also are very weak except our high agi which produces high flee but even now with mora monsters you can barely flee those.

#14 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

i suggest using the ranger hat, gives a solid +1or2 atk speed, usually this would beat mercury when ur 191
or AR hat :P

#15 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

i suggest using the ranger hat, gives a solid +1or2 atk speed, usually this would beat mercury when ur 191
or AR hat :P

I discovered Demon mask + incu horns. Its nifty.. c:

#16 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Kvm rings, another good boost
+5% atkspd per accessory :P

#17 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Kvm rings, another good boost
+5% atkspd per accessory :P

not bad c: but bradium brooch + kukre gives more percentage then the ring.. o:

#18 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Ragnarok Online... The game where basic math turn to advanced calculus :P

#19 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

Ragnarok Online... The game where basic math turn to advanced calculus :P

So true.. ; a;

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

easy possibly cost friendly not really. even with the best type of enchants in your wing set and maxed agi its not possible. you have to have +20 food to even pull it off it that. i mean it much easier for ranger then any other class but really....it has always been this way and only makes sense to stay this way but like it has been pointed out glass cannon.... yah we hit hard and fast...bit we also are very weak except our high agi which produces high flee but even now with mora monsters you can barely flee those.

lol wat? White Wing Suit really makes 193 ASPD easy.

The total agi from enchants I've gotten from WW set is 3 Agi (I got all LUK mods xD) and I can hit 193 ASPD no problem on my Ranger with just EDEN Buffs (+7 to all stat), Guarana Candy, Enriched Celermine, Ranger buffs, and Awake Pot. This is using Incubus+Demon Mask, Ancient Mimic card, Odium of Thanatos, and Athletic Bradium Brooch as my 2nd accessory. With Beholder Master Elven Bow once it comes out, I prolly won't even need to get 120 AGI and just get 110 and still get 193 ASPD no problem.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 January 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#21 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

lol wat? White Wing Suit really makes 193 ASPD easy.

The total agi from enchants I've gotten from WW set is 3 Agi (I got all LUK mods xD) and I can hit 193 ASPD no problem on my Ranger with just EDEN Buffs (+7 to all stat), Guarana Candy, Enriched Celermine, Ranger buffs, and Awake Pot. This is using Incubus+Demon Mask, Ancient Mimic card, Odium of Thanatos, and Athletic Bradium Brooch as my 2nd accessory. With Beholder Master Elven Bow once it comes out, I prolly won't even need to get 120 AGI and just get 110 and still get 193 ASPD no problem.

Umm not sure if you are trying to prove my point or argue it....

I said it was easy to hit 193 aspd with wing set it's just not cost friendly. I understand you can hit 193 Apsd You are just proving its not cost friendly... The only thing a new ranger could afford out of the gears u listed would be the cheaper cards ancient mimic and kukre , the bradium brooch since that's a quest item and the awakening potion. Guarana candy 4k every 30 mins affordable but still an expense just for aspd. Enriched celermine kafra item. Odium card 10mil If ur lucky and the rest u listed are 50mil+ items....demon mask alone is 70-90 mil and will only go up unless it comes back to lucky boxes on top of needing the horns which are expensive. Also considering the Wing sets them selves currently are expensive if u wanna buy them and the daily quests will take a while before u get a decent enchantment in your gears. Tho that doesn't really matter for aspd it's nice to have ^_^

Oh btw this is based off of ymirs prices cause that's my server so that's what I base things off of

Edited by Dawei, 11 January 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Umm not sure if you are trying to prove my point or argue it....

I said it was easy to hit 193 aspd with wing set it's just not cost friendly. I understand you can hit 193 Apsd You are just proving its not cost friendly... The only thing a new ranger could afford out of the gears u listed would be the cheaper cards ancient mimic and kukre , the bradium brooch since that's a quest item and the awakening potion. Guarana candy 4k every 30 mins affordable but still an expense just for aspd. Enriched celermine kafra item. Odium card 10mil If ur lucky and the rest u listed are 50mil+ items....demon mask alone is 70-90 mil and will only go up unless it comes back to lucky boxes on top of needing the horns which are expensive. Also considering the Wing sets them selves currently are expensive if u wanna buy them and the daily quests will take a while before u get a decent enchantment in your gears. Tho that doesn't really matter for aspd it's nice to have ^_^

Oh btw this is based off of ymirs prices cause that's my server so that's what I base things off of

Enriched Celermine can be created by Genetic's Special Pharmacy. Bradium Brooch is so easy to get you won't even have to go outside of Dicastes and fight anything at all. I'll take 4k every 30 mins with Guarana Candy vs 200k Poison Bottles every 1 and a half minute.

If you compare the expenses with Genetics and GX, it's not really that expensive to play a Ranger. Maybe I just got used to classes that takes finances to run effectively. :bow:

Compare the WW set and the Incubus+Demon Mask and it's way cheaper than the necessary gears you need to MvP with a Sura or a decent Sorcerer for PvM.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 January 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#23 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Basically you want 193 aspd without much "expensive" items or expenses at all to upkeep. If only every class didn't take any expenses at all. Funny because before WW set it was such a pain and so expensive to get to 193 aspd that most rangers couldn't do it.

#24 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Enriched Celermine can be created by Genetic's Special Pharmacy. Bradium Brooch is so easy to get you won't even have to go outside of Dicastes and fight anything at all. I'll take 4k every 30 mins with Guarana Candy vs 200k Poison Bottles every 1 and a half minute.

If you compare the expenses with Genetics and GX, it's not really that expensive to play a Ranger. Maybe I just got used to classes that takes finances to run effectively. :bow:

Compare the WW set and the Incubus+Demon Mask and it's way cheaper than the necessary gears you need to MvP with a Sura or a decent Sorcerer for PvM.

....once again this is about ranger aspd not about GX, genetic, sura or sorc where did all this come from?

Also im just referring to hitting 193 aspd as a ranger is possible but expensive. Also considering if the ranger does not have a genetic as well they are stuck buying the celermine. And I already said the brooch was the easier thing to obtain.... Are you reading my posts or just hitting reply?

#25 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

No, I am expecting to need to use awake potions, and other foods such as vip buffs. I want to know how close I can get to 193 without it. Without WW set even. Whats achievable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users