I don't want to play anymore - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

I don't want to play anymore

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Because the lag is freaken horrible!

#2 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

BUMP

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Lag and RO go hand in hand.

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

What lag? I'm not experiencing anything at all on my end. All I can say is, it's not iRO's servers. It's most likely the routers your ISP takes on its way to iRO's servers.

#5 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I've never had any serious lag playing RO. It might be on your side. Where are the servers, I'm in Ohio.

#6 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

I lag very little. Specially this week, it's been very little. When I do happen to lag I just open Lowerping and problem solved.

#7 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

http://forums.warppo...dows-7-version/

Try to do this :bow: It works for me

Edited by RennaSaintsworth, 12 January 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#8 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I've never had any serious lag playing RO. It might be on your side. Where are the servers, I'm in Ohio.

Las Angeles area. I'm too lazy to look up the exact suburb. I'm in South Dakota and lag varied when I played.

#9 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

After finally convincing my friend to play RO, he's unable to because of the lag, he has DCed 3 times in two hours and can't even walk across empty maps without auto-teleporting from the positional lag, you just ruined the game for someone I spent months begging to play. Great job people.
Edit: he's in Missouri outside St. Louis.

Edited by IronPlushy, 12 January 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#10 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

After finally convincing my friend to play RO, he's unable to because of the lag, he has DCed 3 times in two hours and can't even walk across empty maps without auto-teleporting from the positional lag, you just ruined the game for someone I spent months begging to play. Great job people.

Has he ran a tracert? You can use that to see if there is a problem between him and Gravity.

#11 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

<try again without purposely trolling>

Edited by Inubashiri, 13 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.
trolling

#12 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

I've never had any serious lag playing RO. It might be on your side.

you just ruined the game for someone I spent months begging to play. Great job people.

:bow:

#13 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

:bow:

IronPlushy trolls all the time.

#14 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yeah the moment he started (after you begged for month) the server lags like :bow:. Sure, nice troll. Sorry but I dont believe a word, that just sounds to unreal.

Why would I make that up if I just said I wasn't have any problems? And this isn't a far stretch of the imagination considering there's a thread every few days about unbearable lag. And when other people said they were also having lag including my friend, then I changed my idea after receiving new information. It's called being intelligent and opened to new ideas, but to lesser minds it may seem like trolling.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Why would I make that up if I just said I wasn't have any problems? And this isn't a far stretch of the imagination considering there's a thread every few days about unbearable lag. And when other people said they were also having lag including my friend, then I changed my idea after receiving new information. It's called being intelligent and opened to new ideas, but to lesser minds it may seem like trolling.

Have you ever tried a tracert to see what's wrong? I can tell you now that the lag has nothing to do with Gravity's main servers. I live in Florida and I use dial-up connection. Yes, it's ancient phone jack technology for internet connections and extremely slow for all other intents and purposes. Wait, why am I not lagging at all on RO if I'm using an extremely inferior internet service? Go check with your Internet Service Provider on what might be causing the problem. Run a tracert to see what's up.

#16 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Have you ever tried a tracert to see what's wrong? I can tell you now that the lag has nothing to do with Gravity's main servers. I live in Florida and I use dial-up connection. Yes, it's ancient phone jack technology for internet connections and extremely slow for all other intents and purposes. Wait, why am I not lagging at all on RO if I'm using an extremely inferior internet service? Go check with your Internet Service Provider on what might be causing the problem. Run a tracert to see what's up.

My connection is fine and has always been fine, it's my friend who kept DCing and couldn't play because of terrible lag, I'll suggest this to my friend, who hasn't had problems playing games like LoL and MS. What's a tracert btw and how would one run it?

#17 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Try to use proxy or tweak some port. Last resort use Wtffast. If you live in US it shouldnt be a problem. If the lag persist, maybe coz this game doenst have nearby host to hop the conn to ur house.

#18 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

i never lag :bow:

Edit: only on forums sometimes

Edited by sakurawings1, 13 January 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

You need a service like lowerping to play MMORPGs with virtually no lag.

#20 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hahaha. I am forced to play with WTFast and /effect all the time to make the game playable on my side.

My connection is wireless type [usually unstable naturally] but yeah... it seems our routes to Gravity got scrambled. I made a tracert on the last days, there was 1800ms pings. IT IS WEEEIRRRDLLLYY SCARY D:

#21 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Which one is better, wtffast or lowerping?

#22 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

Don't you have to pay quite a bit for lowerping? I suggested it to my friend and it was like $8 a month, which is kind of worthless, especially if you are someone who also pays VIP. I mean how much money are you suppose to spend on this game?

#23 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

My connection is fine and has always been fine, it's my friend who kept DCing and couldn't play because of terrible lag, I'll suggest this to my friend, who hasn't had problems playing games like LoL and MS. What's a tracert btw and how would one run it?

On windows, start menu -> run. Type command.exe and it should pop up the program. In the window type tracert and where you want to trace to. www.warpportal.com for example. So it'd look like tracert www.warpportal.com. That'll show you ping and packet loss at the various points your computer takes to get to where you want.

Which one is better, wtffast or lowerping?

From what I hear, wtfast for US and lowerping everywhere else.

#24 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Don't you have to pay quite a bit for lowerping? I suggested it to my friend and it was like $8 a month, which is kind of worthless, especially if you are someone who also pays VIP. I mean how much money are you suppose to spend on this game?

Well, I used to spend $15 a month just to play back in the day. :bow:

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

zero, thats what zeny is for. there are tons of people that sell wpe and those that will log onto your lowerping account and fund it too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users