XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Just wanted to ask what are the best gears/tactics for killing Samurai Spector on a GX no CRS or Hallucination walk has +9 jamadhar Kvm?

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

You mean soloing or in a party?

EDP Crits would probably work, but you'd have to use Rolling Cutter every so often to get rid of his mob. This way you won't have to worry about Flee penalties from them. Start kiting him if he powers up until it runs out. From there you can try engaging him again. Obviously you won't have to worry about him using Lv9001 Agi Up, because Crits bypass Flee. There's also Soul Destroyer, but that has less DPS even with EDP compared with EDP Crits on the account it has a cast delay.

Bring lots of Holy Waters to get rid of the Curse status from his Hell's Judgement.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

You can't solo him without Hallucination Walk, otherwise, expect to burn 20-30 Ygg Seeds which will make MvPing pointless since he doesn't drop anything good other than the card. You also have to worry about him breaking your Helm and Armor, so getting an FCP (Full Chemical Protection from Geneticist) is mandatory.

#4 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

You can't solo him without Hallucination Walk, otherwise, expect to burn 20-30 Ygg Seeds which will make MvPing pointless since he doesn't drop anything good other than the card. You also have to worry about him breaking your Helm and Armor, so getting an FCP (Full Chemical Protection from Geneticist) is mandatory.

Is DR/shadow element armor good to use on him cause right now that's what I'm using against him he sometimes is able to break my armor but it's not really a big deal but anyways any other gear suggestions?

#5 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

You mean soloing or in a party?

EDP Crits would probably work, but you'd have to use Rolling Cutter every so often to get rid of his mob. This way you won't have to worry about Flee penalties from them. Start kiting him if he powers up until it runs out. From there you can try engaging him again. Obviously you won't have to worry about him using Lv9001 Agi Up, because Crits bypass Flee. There's also Soul Destroyer, but that has less DPS even with EDP compared with EDP Crits on the account it has a cast delay.

Bring lots of Holy Waters to get rid of the Curse status from his Hell's Judgement.

Sorry I don't know what kiting is, but if it's running away then wont he just power up again once I start attacking him again I'm referencing doppelganger in this but maybe they're different?

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Is DR/shadow element armor good to use on him cause right now that's what I'm using against him he sometimes is able to break my armor but it's not really a big deal but anyways any other gear suggestions?

He doesn't use any Shadow elemental attacks so no, you don't need to wear shadow armor. You just need a Valk Armor to prevent armor damage if you don't have a geneticist with FCP. DR helps since he can't break capes.

#7 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

He doesn't use any Shadow elemental attacks so no, you don't need to wear shadow armor. You just need a Valk Armor to prevent armor damage if you don't have a geneticist with FCP. DR helps since he can't break capes.

Is a holy valk armor good since he doesn't use any shadow attacks? or maybe not since he is shadow/demihuman?

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Is a holy valk armor good since he doesn't use any shadow attacks? or maybe not since he is shadow/demihuman?

Well, it's pointless since he doesn't use elements either. Anything that boosts HP would be nice

#9 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, it's pointless since he doesn't use elements either. Anything that boosts HP would be nice

Ok thanks /kis

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sorry I don't know what kiting is, but if it's running away then wont he just power up again once I start attacking him again I'm referencing doppelganger in this but maybe they're different?

Kiting means you're simply avoiding him while he has Aggro on you. You know hit and run tactics? It's like that, only in this case you want to kite until his power up runs out. It has a cooldown as long as his Aggro isn't reset.

#11 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

you mean peco2 valk? :blah:

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

you mean peco2 valk? :blah:

I didn't necessarily say that. I use a Brynhild when I MvP him on Summoner and I make sure I get FCP before fighting him. I didn't recommend it because he prolly doesn't have access to god items.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 14 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#13 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

I didn't necessarily say that. I use a Brynhild when I MvP him on Summoner and I make sure I get FCP before fighting him. I didn't recommend it because he prolly doesn't have access to god items.

What would be better for mvping Samurai Spec assumptio or KE? thx again in advance

#14 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Kiting means you're simply avoiding him while he has Aggro on you. You know hit and run tactics? It's like that, only in this case you want to kite until his power up runs out. It has a cooldown as long as his Aggro isn't reset.

Ok thx I got how to do it now /kis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users