Hello i am new one thing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hello i am new one thing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pilasoner

pilasoner

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hello,now i am downloading the ragnarok online game,but one thing of this game,the items of ithemshop with real money can get in the same game?or only can get this items with real money?are overpowered items?or the best sets of the games only can get in the game and the items of itemshop only is a little benefict?

thanks and greettings

Edited by pilasoner, 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Silkroad? When did Warpportal had one?

Besides, this is the Ragnarok Community.
Go post your queries. in the Silkroad Community.

#3 pilasoner

pilasoner

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Silkroad? When did Warpportal had one?

Besides, this is the Ragnarok Community.
Go post your queries. in the Silkroad Community.

omg hahaha,sorry i mean ragnarok online,sorry for the mistake,can u help me with my question?

pd: other thing,in this game the only magic clas is the mage?what stats is nice for start with a character for do the character mage?

Edited by pilasoner, 14 January 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#4 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

omg hahaha,sorry i mean ragnarok online,sorry for the mistake,can u help me with my question?

pd: other thing,in this game the only magic clas is the mage?what stats is nice for start with a character for do the character mage?

The items you buy with real money tend to be quite more powerful then any item you can acquire by playing the game, except for God Items and KVM items but someone else will need to explain to both of us how to get those. Not to fret because the items you get from Eden quests will serve you well most of the time. Mage isn't technically the only magic class, Priests obviously specialize in healing magic, monks/suras have ungodly powerful spells/skills. Ninjas actually have their own build that relies on their powerful yet slow magic, and soul linkers have very unique attack and support spells.

I warn you though that ninjas can only go to 99/70 and cannot transcend, because of this Warlocks and Sorcerers tend to be much more effective in endgame. And almost no one "plays" a soul linker, they slave it in order to aide their main character, and soul linkers too cannot transcend and are typically much weaker than the main classes.

If you insist on making mage, I believe you acquire fire and lightning bolts along with firewall, this way you are never at a loss against monsters with elemental resistances and can defend yourself from aggressive monsters with firewall. I'll refer you to this Beginner's Mage Guide and Mentor Program.

Edited by IronPlushy, 14 January 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#5 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

^ Summarised very well. I have nothing more to add other than "Do not use Sorceres" (for now)

#6 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

In regards to your question about stats, INT increases your magical damage, DEX increases your cast speed. These are the only two offensive stats you need to worry about. As IronPlushy recommended, make sure you have Firewall and 2 elemental bolts. Learn to use Firewall to keep monsters away from you.

#7 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

I also wanna add that you can aquire, let's say, 90% of all Kafra Shop Items ingame as well in the way of buying them from other players for zeny (ingame currency).

If you want to play a mage-class however, I would say there are only 3, maybe 4 options:

Mage Cls obviously is the one real Magic Class divided in the Sage and Wizard Class. You could go down and say that Sage is the supporting Mage while Wizard is the attacking Mage, but this is a bit unfair to Sage who also have a hand full or nice damage dealing spells ^^ So, just take it as a "basic", not as a static fact.

The other mage-class would be Ninja, who can specialice on Magic as well. Ninja's are cut down in groth: instead of becoming job 50 first class, 99/50 second class or 99/70 trans second class and 150/50 3rd Class - meaning that they can acquire 167 max Skill Points to use in Skills, Ninjas can only become 99/70, which means 69 Skill points for Skills. BUT there's an update coming for Ninja to allowing them evolve to 150/50 as well. Basically they're still weaker seeing that they have less stat and skill points than "normal" Classes, but their skills are pretty strong and balance this out a bit - unfortunally, we don't know when they arrive here and Ninjas are an expensive class, since they're using elemental orbs for their magic which have to be bought for zeny - which is a knock out for any new player without zeny.

Than there are smaller Magic Dealer Classes.
One of them is actually the Super Novice. It's not a class that's easy to level though, it's tough and not really rewarding except you like playing really tough and weak classes ;D Super Novices are using only first Job skills till they reach 99, and afterwards they have acess to a hand full of 2nd class skills - unfortunally not really strong ones :/
Another one would be Priest as a Magic Dealer Priest, which means Magnus Exorcismus and Adoramus as AB later on. They're reduced to special races on monsters though, precicly only undead and demon monsters. Which means it's a nice class for players who love to play Priest Class and also wanna deal magic damage - but not the target for someone looking for a mage-class.
The last named one, Soul Linker... I wouldn't call it mage-class at all, since the only attack magic you'll use is ONE skill alone. You can change the element of that skill to 7 different elements (which is more than all other classes have from their skills), but it's still the same skill over and over... and like Ninja, the groth is cut for Soul Linker, giving them only the possibility to reach job lv 50 on first class and 99/50 on 2nd class - and there's no update in sight (but hopefully planning) for them to go higher.

So yeah, you should definatly do a Mage.
It's your personal taste that should decide between Sage/Scholar/Sorcerer and Wizard/High Wizard/Warlock.
Warlocks should be easier later on though, but Sage can be nice as well.
No matter what of them you're choosing, you should go with a lot of int and a medium of dex and luk (in my opinion).
Test these stats out till you're 99 and can rebirth, untill then you learn a lot about how growing your char for your "2nd lifetime" where you can place your stats again :blah:

Anyway, have fun on iRO ^.^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users