I'll ask now, because I know it's gonna happen - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I'll ask now, because I know it's gonna happen

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

But please do something other than Bio3 for the upper TI on Tuesday's maint... x(

LOL bios wouldn't work, with the new f2p only gets 1 TI monster quest.
number were low last bios turnin, the exp wasnt really worth it... not number are even lower because f2p players wont bother...

#27 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Next will be the implementation of the Bio4 map. Hence the next turn in will be on the Bio4 monsters. For Non-VIP's, they must traverse through the mobby and dangerous Bio3 to get into Bio4.

#28 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Next will be the implementation of the Bio4 map. Hence the next turn in will be on the Bio4 monsters. For Non-VIP's, they must traverse through the mobby and dangerous Bio3 to get into Bio4.

Non-VIP's will also have to do each monster quest 1 by 1 :blah:

#29 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Here we go again with Red vs Blue...

Here we go again with Red vs Blue... ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAM9fgV-ts

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I asked Heim to throw in Incarnations into the pot for a 135-150 turnin, but it looks like that was a no-go.

Awww... why not? :blah: It would be a really good turn-in...

#31 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Promise? I wanna be masochist to a Biolab Gfist, they look so painful last video I saw.

#32 Nikkikins

Nikkikins

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Classic, Ymir, Valk

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Dimensional Gorge would be a good turn in to have.

Bio3 didn't get very many parties last time. People didn't adjust very well to the balance patch I guess?

#33 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

DG valks have magic mirror, so that'd discriminate against mage classes S:

#34 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

i dont want bio3
and i dont want ancient tree/phylla
but chances are it'll be one of them since gms refuse to look at other maps (like dg).
maybe it'll be thors three though that rotates back and forth between 125-140 and 135-150

#35 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

OMG MAKE BIFROST MONSTERS!

Angra Mantis + Pom Spider turnin = D:

I like Ancient Tree turnin, why not? It just needs to be able to come back after quest.

They also need to stop rotating Scarab/Thor all the times D:

#36 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Bio 2 -_- :P

Its time for this map. There is no reason not to let us have it again. I'll buy some WPE Heim if you let us have it lol. Please!!!! :blah:

If you want to make it challenging make the turn in monsters Laurell's and Kavach's. The two most annoying monsters in bio 2.

Edited by DarkDan, 16 January 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

OMG MAKE BIFROST MONSTERS!

Angra Mantis + Pom Spider turnin = D:

I like Ancient Tree turnin, why not? It just needs to be able to come back after quest.

They also need to stop rotating Scarab/Thor all the times D:

Bifrost field or Hazy Forest Maze? The latter is a bad idea because the instances get easily crowded already..... Also Pom Spiders and Angra Mantis are really hard to find in the Bifrost fields.... :blah: I'll take the Mimings+Little Fatums.

#38 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

Wark, kweh, etc.

#39 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hahahaha... Turnin on instance map would be spooky...

But a good way to get rid of the KSers... like if they were a problem.

MIMINGS AND FATUMS HAVE ONLY 80K HP, PEOPLE WILL QQ THEY ARE TOO EASY :3

Just make a new map with spawns of 100 bugs of each! As they are 5 on both maps [except instance], that would be sick.

Or maybe... A custom copy of Misty Forest for turnins only, and not being instanced, but free for everyone [and of course. FLYWINGS DISABLED!!!!!]

#40 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Biggest complaint about bio3 is not the difficulty but the exp reward for it. Hardest to kill there, very high HP and meh exp for it. Make the exp reward equal to the difficulty and Im in.

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Biggest complaint about bio3 is not the difficulty but the exp reward for it. Hardest to kill there, very high HP and meh exp for it. Make the exp reward equal to the difficulty and Im in.

Most biolab3 monsters' stats got boosted too. They should give at least 30mil EXP per TI (all base) on it now.

#42 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Heaven forbid we do something challenging for a turnin...

If you don't like it, wait a week. It's not that big of a deal, I don't know why people complain about it every time it rolls around.

It has nothing to do with being 'challenging,' Ralis. Something to consider is the fact that Bio3 TI means the following classes are more or less excluded from party configurations:
  • Genetic
  • Wanderer
  • Ranger
  • Guillotine Cross
  • Warlock
  • Shadow Chaser
So quite a few of us with level 141+ characters from the above list have been more or less shafted on TIs since Balance Patch.

#43 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

It has nothing to do with being 'challenging,' Ralis. Something to consider is the fact that Bio3 TI means the following classes are more or less excluded from party configurations:

• Genetic
  • Wanderer
  • Ranger
  • Guillotine Cross
  • Warlock
  • Shadow Chaser
So quite a few of us with level 141+ characters from the above list have been more or less shafted on TIs since Balance Patch.

Ralis doesn't play any of those classes that's why he doesn't care. (and OMG! I play all of those classes myself!)

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 16 January 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#44 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

• Genetic
  • Wanderer
  • Ranger
  • Guillotine Cross
  • Warlock
  • Shadow Chaser

And where exactly do all these classes fall into other party configurations? o_O;

It's not that those classes are "excluded", it's that they might not be as good as other classes. Though really, I can think of plenty of uses for these classes. Genetic can do damage or help support, Wanderer can support, Shadow Chaser can Manhole mobs if you're not ready for them...

The great part about a turnin is that a class doesn't actually need to be the star of the party, everyone gets the EXP from their separate kill counts, so a Wanderer could literally sit there and cast GK. Hell, you could have people sit in the middle of the party and do nothing, honestly.

Edited by Ralis, 16 January 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#45 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

And where exactly do all these classes fall into other party configurations? o_O;

It's not that those classes are "excluded", it's that they might not be as good as other classes. Though really, I can think of plenty of uses for these classes. Genetic can do damage or help support, Wanderer can support, Shadow Chaser can Manhole mobs if you're not ready for them...

They're all good for 'pick up and go' parties--that aren't Bio3. Granted, GXs have a harder time of it than the others.

In my experience, when people organize Bio3 parties they are very particular with making sure everything is as streamlined as possible. This means if you are not an RK, RG, Sura, AB, Maestro, Sorc, or Mado Mech, you're out of luck. I suppose a cashed up Genetic would be viable if they want to Acid Bomb the LKs and what not. Posted Image

Edited by Hinkypunk, 16 January 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#46 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

That's certainly true, people get VERY picky when organizing Bio3 parties. Yes, every class can do something in Bio3. But the only ones that get considered are the ones that contribute best. If what you can contribute doesn't equal up to the value of a Bio3 party slot, you're not getting in.

#47 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

You have too many hardasses on Ymir then. D: I've done one Bio3 party before and after the 'necessary' people I was like, okay whoever else, don't care.

#48 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

The great part about a turnin is that a class doesn't actually need to be the star of the party, everyone gets the EXP from their separate kill counts, so a Wanderer could literally sit there and cast GK. Hell, you could have people sit in the middle of the party and do nothing, honestly.

Running an effective Bio3 party with minimal 'wipes' requires coordination - with each party member having a specific role. As Bio3 will normally take a few runs to complete, you need to keep your party intact (where possible) because you want to avoid having to add random people mid-way through who then need to be educated on how to perform their role. There is just no room for liabilities that 'just sit there' anymore in a Bio3 TI (which incidentally is my favorite turn in). It's just that it has been cycled through too many times in the last few months. At a time where it's really important to revitalize the TI situation (and game at large) due to the Christmas/New Years changes, Bio3 would be a terrible idea right now. And this game cannot afford to marginalize any of its playerbase (especially those that contribute financially).

I've done one Bio3 party before and after the 'necessary' people I was like, okay whoever else, don't care.

I think this is the key here. You have only done one bio party before, so really are not much in a position to comment on it to be honest.

Edited by lainee, 16 January 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#49 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

I simply don't understand why people can't simply wait a few weeks for a different turnin to roll around. There are people who can do Bio3 and want to do Bio3, but for some reason others think that their needs are more important. It's not going to kill you if a turnin that you're not happy with is going to be in for a week.

#50 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I simply don't understand why people can't simply wait a few weeks for a different turnin to roll around. There are people who can do Bio3 and want to do Bio3, but for some reason others think that their needs are more important. It's not going to kill you if a turnin that you're not happy with is going to be in for a week.

A better question is, perhaps, why should we have a TI that benefits only half of all third classes?

...especially since we just had Bio3 when the Balance Patch was implemented.

Edited by Hinkypunk, 16 January 2012 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users