Maintenance Jan 17 - Page 12 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance Jan 17

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#276 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Or you could just run with a couple rangers..... any one else notice they seem to be a bit Overpowered. How they can just 45 - 70k the whole screen over and over again.......

It's balanced! Obviously. The ranger in my TI party last night was doing 88k Arrow storms.
They nerf the crap out of severe rainstorm ... to make arrow storm x3 stronger.

Korean logic.

#277 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

The OCA drop has been downgraded, due to the widespread farming.

Oh noes, RO not working how it should. It was possible to make zeny by playing the game which is not how things are supposed to work. Are you saying people on kRO are not farming this? Apparently this IS how the game is supposed to work.

Instead of making stupid meaningless changes like this couldn't you fix real problems such as the upgrading system and taking gears out of the market?

Edited by Hrishi, 20 January 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#278 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

The OCA drop has been downgraded, due to the widespread farming.

I wish that the cooldown was looked at instead to address the farming issue. :/

Why was the instance created in a way that people could keep re-entering with a different party in the first place? Shouldn't a cooldown actually keep people from entering the dungeon at all for the duration? Otherwise there is really no point in having a cooldown...

I said it in another thread before I believe, but adding a 12 or 18 hour (real) cooldown with Mora coins or something at the very end of the dungeon (since finishing the dungeon is pretty pointless now) wouldn't hurt everyone for the sake of hurting heavy farmers. As a 'daily quest' type thing, it actually works pretty well I think. Sadface.

#279 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

how sad.
well i used to have clearance but i took an arrow to the knee. :blaugh:
I reset my silentium build 4 days ago (so much tempted to use that free reset =.=') and go for sacrament instead. fml.

and about that 2 AB thing, yeah I always strictly apply this rule every time.
but seriously why is only AB affected badly by bleeding? my AB will get it by slightest contact with those dragons(80 vit).
while other class that have lower vit will hardly get it.

Yeah, most ABs I see don't seem to have clearance. Good thing one of the ABs I always play with does have it and he can cast it on other ABs. Sorc dispell works too, but uses a gem (and might not always succeed).

Lol, I've never thought I'd see the day when people would call Rangers OP

Rangers are OP for sure right now, at least for PVM. They might not be able to solo MVPs effectively using fire trap now, but 80k AOE dmg or whatever... wow. It was interesting to see how many people said rangers were nerfed the week after the balance patch. Seems to me they are putting other "killer" classes out of work for turn ins. Warlocks are just for freezing dangerous mob, sorcs are just for giving SP, maestros just string, and wanderers can just look pretty with cute hats on (I'm giving up on my wanderer btw).

#280 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

omg first time rangers are called OP LOL

#281 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes people on kRO/jRO don't bypass the timers to keep going in like they do here. It is a huge problem we have that has no good solution using the current game engine. We could make the cooldown a month and players would still be going in instantly and only the people legitimitely trying to do the quest would be hampered.

Every build we get we attempt to fix KVM and the Memorial dungeons, as of yet it hasn't worked.

#282 Iyona

Iyona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLand of the GOld Rush
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Shes right, I woe with her as their allie and this puts kind of a damper on things..... :blaugh:

Thank you! Its nice to know its not just my guild who feels this way.

#283 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

how sad.
well i used to have clearance but i took an arrow to the knee. :blaugh:
I reset my silentium build 4 days ago (so much tempted to use that free reset =.=') and go for sacrament instead. fml.

and about that 2 AB thing, yeah I always strictly apply this rule every time.
but seriously why is only AB affected badly by bleeding? my AB will get it by slightest contact with those dragons(80 vit).
while other class that have lower vit will hardly get it.

lawlz. cause agi, not vit, protects against bleeding.

#284 noctorious

noctorious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Gramps-only TI maps = only lvl when there's a TI since every other map has crap spawn rates anyway... yet another reason to only play RO for 15-20 minutes a day, or not at all

#285 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Though... People seem to not try to bypass ET.

What is the difference between ET cooldown and the other instances? On quest log or whatever.

If a solution to this can come, will the OCA drop from dragon be reverted?

#286 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Fix kvm 1h sword and 1h dagger.

#287 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

please make a clear floor space in first floor eden so people can make chatrooms to recruit or to make chatrooms about looking for party. i understand the goal to make gramps and other important npc not be blocked but people are still getting around it. so can we just have a clear floor space area so we can make a chatroom? atm, it's hard to find a spot that will allow a chatroom to be made. i know the way around it, as do other people, and that's what we've been doing. it just seems like a much easier solution to make clear floor space instead.

Edited by AimeeZ, 22 January 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#288 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Rangers are OP for sure right now, at least for PVM. They might not be able to solo MVPs effectively using fire trap now, but 80k AOE dmg or whatever... wow. It was interesting to see how many people said rangers were nerfed the week after the balance patch. Seems to me they are putting other "killer" classes out of work for turn ins. Warlocks are just for freezing dangerous mob, sorcs are just for giving SP, maestros just string, and wanderers can just look pretty with cute hats on (I'm giving up on my wanderer btw).

You pay attention to the damage they give but not the damage they take. You ever support one of those rangers? Yea NOT fun. At least Sorc/Warlock can do a decent 30-60k AoE while only taking 200-600 hits. Those rangers take anywhere from 600-1.2k in normal turn in parties. It's how it's always been with DD honestly. The more defense you give up the harder your supposed to hit, hence the difference between two handed and one handed weapons. Rangers have given up pretty much ALL defense on anything that can't be fleed (lolflee) Also, sorc/lock have no real issues with SP recovery, rangers even with decent int do. Tired of people comparing classes and then nerf calling on things that AREN'T OP or broken. Look at the drawbacks before you start whining about nerfs.

In any case if I'm ABing a party I prefer ONE (maybe two tops) rangers but prefer having multiple of each sorc/locks. I don't see them as putting anyone out of business, they just help parties kill faster and isn't that a good thing? <_>

Maybe you feel insecure because a ranger arrows storms before your casts go off but I see it as "Heck yes this is a fast ti party!"

Edited by Skotios, 22 January 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#289 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

during the Raffle didnt the GMs make it so you couldnt crowded the raffle NPC ? GM probably used sheltering bliss in GM mode

#290 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

wow YOU CLEARLY don't play a ranger. yah Arrow storm is fun and has great damage now...but having 17k HP and taking 1k damage per hit from a monster is not so fun. not to mention the 2 second cast time and 3 second cool down time of the skill. when testing this and once it first hit the servers i posted in the suggestions thread the skill would have to one shot or it wouldn't make up for the cast times because survival with the gear wouldn't compensate for the damage you put out. Also think of it in this sense warlocks and sorc can have nice damage with just a skull cap and thorn or staff of destruction and crown of dec, they still get the 20% hp/sp from variants, carded damage reduction garment, armor of their choose i use an orleans so i have 2 accessory slots open or you can change your combination up. with all of this survive gear they still get 25-60k damage. rangers...no slotted wing manteau, wing suit is slotted (halalua) boots are decent but the most you can get is 10% Hp/SP and you have to +9 another boot that only your ranger can wear.....they cant wear a shield, they have to give up an accessory and their bow is one slotted. soooo IF your complaining about them being OP after nerf ill me more then happy to switch back to a trapper build....but for now you nerf them any more then they will be utterly useless, they won't be good at mvp (frankly never have been the greatest) WoE they have been nerfed for years...and pvp they are still strong but lawl who cares about PvP, so WHY cant they not be useful for once in PvM. also you must not be partying much, i have organized many TI parties myself and i would never run a party without a wiz or sorc unless i have been waiting for a long period of time. also sorry ok saying a warlock is weaker to a ranger is an uneducated assumption, unless your warlock is an idiot and doesn't read...literally read spell book....which lets see ok 5 secs you have 80k damage by ranger...oooor a warlock can take 2 secs do 50-60k damage with crimson and then release 2~3 times depending on freezing which would mean 50-60k x3 = 150k-180k damage......hmm looks like almost 100k difference to me. oh not to mention each of those crimson rocks gain sp back for that warlock.

im sure if your just mad that after the patch and mora the ranger class recovered a bit from nerfs..and your wanderer is not as good anymore...neither are my 2 wanderers....and maestros are reduced to strings (what has changed with this? isn't the idea for party songs to be used IN A PARTY!) also that is what my 2 maestros are reduced to....but my warlock and my 2 sorcs never NEVER have a problem finding a party...you wanna know who has a hard time finding a party....NOTHING....in fact due to the these few high damage classes less of them are required for a good party and that opens up more slots for the less fortunate classes...so lets stop with the crying about OP and ask for buffing of those classes that need one. also if its that big of a problem JUST GO MAKE ONE OF THE OP CLASSES! i wish more people understood this concept....

...rant over....

have a good day ^_^.

#291 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Well I guess this is all dependent on what gear people wore previously to the Mora set. You and I were using Asprika Or Deviant/Variant/Sniping Suit/Glorius Rings/MoH/etc. so giving up those items means a LOT of damage reduction lost. But for people wearing mocking gear or flee gear may have actually gotten a buff to their survivability (Which is sad because White Wing has soooo little protection on it even if u enchant it to it's best)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users