Bringing back the heat - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bringing back the heat

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hello, I used to play a long time ago, and I decided to come back but I have a quick question I hope someone can answer.

I was gonna transfer 4 characters from the Ymir to Yggdrasil servers. 2 of which are Biochemists.

1 has a level 99 Vanimirth second form and the other has a loyal level 68 Amistr second form.

Now this is from the WarpPortal Account Policy

"Homunculi can be transferred with their Alchemists. However they will be reset to "newly called" status. They will be level 1, no skills, and intimacy will be reset. When transferred, any homunculi attached to the character will be lost."

Now the transfer stuff sucks...like hard core, any reason as too why?

I can live with it for the most part, the skills the level and even the intimacy, but what about its form? will it be first or second form because it doesn't say anything about being reset to the little goat and slime ball. I'm guessing it goes back to the first form but I'm hoping not.

The other thing is "any homunculi attached to the character will be lost." What does that mean? does it have to be vaporized or something?

Any help would be...well helpful. Thanks in advance.

#2 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Pretty sure that means they have to be vaporized. And it should be in the original form, not the evolved when you finish transferring.

#3 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

No, he's not asking that exactly. They reset your homun forcibly when you transfer.

I haven't had a server transfer in a while, but on one, it was still the same form, and on another, the homun was simply removed. You do have to have it vaporized, but it's actually just a brand new homunculus iirc (different growth patterns and all). You're only saving yourself the cost of the embyros.

Edited by Sera, 19 January 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#4 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

On a sidenote, I spent 3 minutes staring at your avatar.

#5 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

On a sidenote, I spent 3 minutes staring at your avatar.

LOL me too I was like damn Vegeta can dance :blaugh:

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

I assumed that the homun would be reset to freshly summoned when I transferred my genetic, but in my case, after the transfer I had no homun at all, so I had to start a fresh vani again...

However, don't worry much, leveling homunculus to 99 in renewal takes like a week. The intimacy in the other hand...

#7 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

bah, that sucks....maybe this is a blessing in disguise though. I was looking at the new Homunc S system, and it seems like Lif's mental change with Bayeri's attack speed and damage skills seems like it would be godlike. but it is a pain in the ass that it happened like this, I worked hard on those little bastards.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Froggems, 19 January 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Hey, I remember you from the old forums. Welcome back. xD

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

It might be better to just stay gone at this point. I think the game is good for new players and all, but it's lost its appeal for many veterans.

Edited by Myzery, 19 January 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#10 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hey, I remember you from the old forums. Welcome back. xD

Thanks, it's good to be back.

It might be better to just stay gone at this point. I think the game is good for new players and all, but it's lost its appeal for many veterans.

Wow, that seems like the opposite of what mmos do in the long run. In any case its free to play and my friends convinced me to transfer to their server because they payed for it. So I figure id try it out.

Edited by Froggems, 19 January 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#11 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Lies!!! im just as if not more addicted now as i was 6-7 years ago!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users