Please HELP with a Petition to Gravity! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Please HELP with a Petition to Gravity!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I don't understand your reasoning. Why should the age of the game impede attempts to improve it? On the contrary, that the game has been around for so long is one of the foremost reasons to ask for this. If it were a new game, then I could wait for improvements. Also, the UI may be "fine," but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. Settling for good enough is never good enough. If everyone were to adopt that mentality, we'd still be living in caves and rubbing sticks together to make fire.

As for what makes me think they'll change it because "5 people on a board suddenly feel like they can't take it anymore," I don't. That's the purpose of this petition! :dunno: I hoped -we- could convince them to work for us, since they're profiting from us.
On the note that it's against board rules, I admit that I was a nimrod about that XD If this is against forum rules, then please lock the topic. However, I didn't want to just talk about wanting something and do nothing to try to get it.

Btw, to anyone celebrating: Happy Lunar New Year!

the reasoning is simply that if such a basic thing hasn't been changed within 11 years, chances that GMs will bother now are lower than slim.

but as i said: good luck with your request.

Edited by Agahim, 22 January 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#27 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

lol

There are a list of things that need fixing or changing about this game as long as your arm. While seeing SP of party members would be nice, it's not exactly a priority. Not to mention, seeing as it's not been added in the last decade, the Gravity devs probably intend it to be this way. If you really want to see others SP, it is 'possible' if you do a little messing about with things I probably should not mention.

Anyhow, good luck with petitioning anything related to this game and the RO devs. That's pretty funny actually. lol You have two chances, Buckley's and none.

Edited by lainee, 22 January 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#28 mercywatson

mercywatson

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hehe, thanks for the wishes about luck, guys, but the sad thing is that luck isn't needed. What is needed in any cause is unified action from people who give a damn. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not content to let a game company decide if and when they should give its customers a bone... They'll choose to do as little as possible given the choice, which seems to be true in this case. Also, if their intention was to leave out SP information, then the developers ought to give up game design. :dunno:
I feel this is worth a shot, and I hope others reading this will, too. Honestly, when I read that Gravity doesn't like things like this, I couldn't help but wonder why I should care what Gravity likes or dislikes. We're indirectly paying them; they should care what WE like, not vice versa.

Edited by mercywatson, 22 January 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

It's possible with third party tools that players in jRO and kRO use. I see no reason that iRO couldn't actually allow support for that kind of thing.

@ whoever complained about "Im the only blue bar I find myself faster" - the most efficent way to find anyone is via party window.

#30 mercywatson

mercywatson

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

^bump with rump

#31 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Why should the age of the game impede attempts to improve it?

Product life cycle.

#32 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

No need for it, RCX will do this, we've gone since the dawn of time without it, don't need it now.
/wontsign

P.S. I main a sorc, I give people SP on a time based rotation, its part of being a good support.

exactly don't you think they have dummed the game down enough for you to be able to play?

#33 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

When the Water dungeon was first implemented we ran a small party of lowbies in there. Oda was there on his swordie. I played an acolyte.
Sometimes our party members would die because they would aggro things while I was low on sp.
At this point, Oda mentioned it would be great if we had SP bars so the party knew when to stop and let me rest.

I still agree with that thought Oda. Perhaps now would be the time to see if we can actually get those SP bars? :P

Edit: Misread first post :3

Edited by Alorien, 26 January 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#34 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

y don't you try saying stop u can hot key it

#35 OgreWilde

OgreWilde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationEuphoria

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

U forgot a country, sheesh everyone forgets about the Canadians, I'd sign if I was allowed I guess >:P

#36 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Perhaps now would be the time to see if we can get SP bars like some of the other servers? :P

What other official RO servers show SP bars for party members?

I'm thinking the answer is 'none'.

#37 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

What other official RO servers show SP bars for party members?

I'm thinking the answer is 'none'.

You're right. I misread the first post.

#38 euglena

euglena

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

It'd also be nice to be able to choose a lower level of resurrection rather than being obligated to level 4 if you've maxd it.
Sometimes in pvp I'd like to be able to res my enemy with minimal health ^^ LOL

#39 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

It'd also be nice to be able to choose a lower level of resurrection rather than being obligated to level 4 if you've maxd it.
Sometimes in pvp I'd like to be able to res my enemy with minimal health ^^ LOL

use a ygg leaf then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users