• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi guys, since i just classed my little archer in hunter i'd like to make theese question:

- which skills do you think can be useful for a fast leveling to 99? I think Falcon skills, anklesnare and then?

- about bows: currently i am using a +5 hunter's bow, atk strenght 125, level 3 weapon, and i get to 150 atk. The cheapest way to farm is hunting earth type monsters atm. If i buy a Burning bow + fire arrow set? It has less atk power (95+25 since it is a level 3 weapon) but i would get the 25% bonus of increased damage. Is it better than an hunter's bow? (30 atk less, but 25% damage bonus)

- is there any hunter card/equip set i could use?

#2 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Speaking from my experience, on skills-wise. I made a LUK hunter and auto-blitz all the way to 99. DS is still useful though. For fast leveling, do eden quest and TIs. They help a lot.

Cant say much about gear setup, since I just need my arrows to fly and my falcon took care of the rest. But if you're using hunter bow, try find some hunter arrows to go with that bow. It comes with 50% increase in atk (when using with hunter bow). Problem here is the only NPC that sells it is in Mora.

#3 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

thanks for the answer. so hunter skills are just crap xD but it would be nice to know from someone if, against earth type monsters, it's better to use an hunter bow + fire arrow (of course i can't get to mora xD) or the burning bow+fire arrow combo! otherwise i wouldn't buy the burning bow :dunno:

#4 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

Well some traps are useful, like blast mine. I never had the chance to use them though.

The problem with using elemental arrows is that when you're "grew up" from that particular mob, it becomes less optimized. Its better to get an "all purpose" bow.

But if you're insist, here's the stat calculator. On the bottom there is a combat simulator. http://calc.irowiki.org/
Doing a quick comparison, Burning Bow + fire arrow out damages HB + FA.

#5 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

i dunno how the end level farming will be to be honest, it's still too early to think at ranger leveling now :dunno:. What i have seen is that taking advantage of the elemental weakness makes levelling an archer really easy and fire arrows can be bought with few zenys compared to other kinds of arrows :rofl: that's why i was not sure about which bow was better to use. But from the calculator i can see that burning bow+fire arrows are the way (for now). Btw i will of course make a falcon hunter :bang: I just want to optimize the damage made

#6 vpr123

vpr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

personally i've always found traps to be better to level as a hunter.

#7 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

traps for levelling? i didn't even think to it to be honest!

#8 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

which traps are worth getting? and from which stats are they affected? i wanna give it a try!

#9 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

99 DEX 99 AGI and the rest to INT. But start pumping INT to 30+ after you're about 70 DEX and 90 AGI. Personally I prefer to stay alive with a comfortable level of Flee and a decent SP regen rate for the DS, at the expense of slightly reduced damage.

I DSed my way to 99 using that build. With Improved Concentration you can easily take on mobs +10 levels above you and stay comfortably ahead of the levelling curve.

Edit: I assume you're new and low on funds, so stick with the Eden III bow for Hodes first. Mi Gaos or Harpies, then Roweens/Anopheles would be your best bet next. You'll need a burning bow for MG/H and an earth bow for R/A, which are dirt cheap in comparison to the Frozen and Gust elemental bows.

By DSing you'll save on arrows (i.e. money) too.

Also, disregard any suggestion of Dark Priests unless you're playing with friends. That map will eat poorly geared players alive.

Edited by AnnoDomini, 25 January 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#10 vpr123

vpr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Also, disregard any suggestion of Dark Priests unless you're playing with friends. That map will eat poorly geared players alive.

Thats just not true, at just the level where you get the most xp possible from Dark Priests, it takes one (1) claymore trap to kill a DP with just about 20 int, even if some dont die right away, a couple of auto-attacks will finish them. Traps cost money and yeah hile DP give very bad loot, killing a few wraiths will pay for traps/healing items/fwings. Same thing for sandmen/hillwinds/stapo/immobile plants if you dont have elemental bows or any decent gear other than the eden bows.

#11 Garudian

Garudian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

for now i'm level 80 with 90 agi, 49 luk, 42 dex, (without bonus) planning to take dex at an high level now since falcon auto blitz is nice now. Ah, i'm currently farming on stapos already with no problems but i think i'll give roween a try since they have lesser hp and the map is much lesser crowded so farming should be faster i think

#12 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

You'll need more HIT for roweens, you'll miss a lot with that all that dex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users