Extend 2x exp event please? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Extend 2x exp event please?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

2x drop p-u-l-e-a-s-e!!!!!!

#27 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Ceruleans been wanting that card but everyone was against about her idea I remember

#28 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

there's a similar thread every 2x week lol there will be no extended its too easy lvl without any vip, event or TI :dunno:
what about 2x mobs instead 2x exp?

Oh, remove the TIs for one week and add 2x exp and 2x mobs.

But remove gramps so people can't turn old turnins~ hahahahahahahaha

Though... I would prefer something like a 2x party bonus instead, keeping either TIs or 2x exp.

Edited by asayuu, 23 January 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#29 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Guys the turn-ins make it rediculously easy to level already...stop being so demanding and be happy with what you get.

We shouldn`t receive anymore 2x exp event for at least another 2-3months now in my opinion...

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Special request: STOP SCREWING OVER NON-VIPS!

#31 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Reasonable would be something like, a 1.2x event one week per month, maybe 1.4x twice per year, tops.

But since you spoiled the community beyond repair, there would have to be like 0.5x event for 3 years straight before anyone would appreciate it.

Why don't you just make 2x the default at this rate?

Actually it wouldn't make the game too fast, itd be perfect,
if it wasn't for manual stacking with tons of quest exp rewards and all the broken stuff like that.

#32 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Reasonable would be something like, a 1.2x event one week per month, maybe 1.4x twice per year, tops.

But since you spoiled the community beyond repair, there would have to be like 0.5x event for 3 years straight before anyone would appreciate it.

Why don't you just make 2x the default at this rate?

Actually it wouldn't make the game too fast, itd be perfect,
if it wasn't for manual stacking with tons of quest exp rewards and all the broken stuff like that.

Not everyone plays 10 hours a day like the people that get to 150 in a week. And not everyone has VIP, BMX3, hugel medals, and the zenny to abuse maneater blossoms. The only time it feels like you're doing any considerable leveling without any of that stuff is when there's a 2X exp event. Took me about 5 days to get my wizard to normal 75. Keep in mind I have none of the perks I mentioned, not even a phen card either. I don't play this game for periods of time that would suggest a person doesn't have a job or responsibilities. I play 1 or 2 hours maybe 5-6 days a week, probably double that on weekends.

I mean it gets to the point where you're just casting the same 2 skills over and over for hours just to gain 2-3 levels and that sucks. Finally made a wizard and I really enjoy the challenge and variety it brings, as compared to a dancer, monk, 2HQuicken Knight, Blacksmith, Crusader. But the challenge should come from using and timing your skills properly, not how much grinding you can endure.

And I've heard it takes people a few hours to trans, and I'm sure that's utilizing everything they spent real money on. But for people that don't have those perks, it takes a couple hours to get to 26. A game should be fun enough that you can justify spending money on it. You shouldn't have to spend money just to get over it's flaws.

I finally found a character that works, but I haven't obtained an exp rate that works. I feel 2x exp is fair. But I also realize when it's combined with everything you can buy, it makes the game very short.

#33 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

just stop, you all sound terrible Lol

#34 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

But for people that don't have those perks, it takes a couple hours to get to 26.

How? I didn't have VIP two weeks ago, didn't have any great gears. I have Eden Gear level 2 and got to level 45 on my nooby battle acolyte in like 1-2 hours. And mind you, I soloed all of this.

Edited by blitzersion, 25 January 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#35 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

Not everyone plays 10 hours a day like the people that get to 150 in a week. And not everyone has VIP, BMX3, hugel medals, and the zenny to abuse maneater blossoms. The only time it feels like you're doing any considerable leveling without any of that stuff is when there's a 2X exp event. Took me about 5 days to get my wizard to normal 75. Keep in mind I have none of the perks I mentioned, not even a phen card either. I don't play this game for periods of time that would suggest a person doesn't have a job or responsibilities. I play 1 or 2 hours maybe 5-6 days a week, probably double that on weekends.

I mean it gets to the point where you're just casting the same 2 skills over and over for hours just to gain 2-3 levels and that sucks. Finally made a wizard and I really enjoy the challenge and variety it brings, as compared to a dancer, monk, 2HQuicken Knight, Blacksmith, Crusader. But the challenge should come from using and timing your skills properly, not how much grinding you can endure.

And I've heard it takes people a few hours to trans, and I'm sure that's utilizing everything they spent real money on. But for people that don't have those perks, it takes a couple hours to get to 26. A game should be fun enough that you can justify spending money on it. You shouldn't have to spend money just to get over it's flaws.

I finally found a character that works, but I haven't obtained an exp rate that works. I feel 2x exp is fair. But I also realize when it's combined with everything you can buy, it makes the game very short.

hmmm you can get 150 pretty fast with the old man turn in quests and a bit grinding in nice maps also you can trans pretty fast (couple hours) if u know where to go even if ur a priest and you need to stick to undead monsters you dont need any VIP, manual or playing 10 hours a day :P
if it took you 5 days on lvl to 75 then you were doing something wrong aaand about ur equip if you dont even have a phen card then you are doing it wrong!! high lvl characters without equips are squishables and useless so focus on get what you need to make it(equip), take small eden quests (are repeatable), search for guild/parties/friends, do quests. i dont know there are lots of ways to lvl =)

you should spend more time on iro and less on forums xD

#36 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSVOnhLtCs

Edited by wonka, 25 January 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#37 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

This IS a valid point though. People complain that the game is too fast but this is completely relative to the ammount of supplies/zeny/RL money one is willing to spend. Yes you can level insanely fast but I bet you that you are burning through pots, manuals, prize medals, reset stones, eden badges, etc. to get there and I don't need people saying "Oh I got to 150 by only using this and that" because most of the time that's bull and no one would bother asking for proof since it really doesn't matter. :P The way I see it is that it's better that the game adheres to a middle ground where casual gamers can still accomplish stuff, while the insane RO addicts do have that speed advantage. If your spending zeny/RL money on manuals/supplies you SHOULD be leveling faster.

Edited by Skotios, 25 January 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#38 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

It's sad they can't really lower the leveling speed in the place the problem is [VIP turnins with BMx3], or else they will lower their income.

Otherwise, making a permanent 2x exp event would be... "fair".

Some of those people should make a test to check "how fast" is to get 150 with minimum kafra efficiency. Therefore, how fast to get 150 with only VIP and turnins [but no VIP exp stack, and no BMx3 either]

Edited by asayuu, 25 January 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#39 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

no 2x exp :[

#40 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

no 2x exp :[

#41 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

How? I didn't have VIP two weeks ago, didn't have any great gears. I have Eden Gear level 2 and got to level 45 on my nooby battle acolyte in like 1-2 hours. And mind you, I soloed all of this.

Posted Image
0.03% to Level 150!

It's sad they can't really lower the leveling speed in the place the problem is [VIP turnins with BMx3], or else they will lower their income.

Otherwise, making a permanent 2x exp event would be... "fair".

Some of those people should make a test to check "how fast" is to get 150 with minimum kafra efficiency. Therefore, how fast to get 150 with only VIP and turnins [but no VIP exp stack, and no BMx3 either]

The exp leveling speed isn't as fast as many people would think. The too fast problem comes from stacking things like VIP, daily gramps, 3x manuals and manuals working on gramps...

Really, most of the time we are leveling at 9x speeds on artificially mobby inflated maps where everyone takes full exp thanks to gramps. Comparing all possible buffs vs no turn ins, VIP, manuals, etc must be in the factor of 20 or 30 times slower :P

I miss normal grinding on something I like. But since gramps came, I can't push myself away from him, the difference between grinding on something without any extra tools like VIP and manual vs just repeating gramps with VIP and manuals makes me stay with him ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users