Revert back to old Enchant blade? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Revert back to old Enchant blade?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

EDP, Enchant Blade with a Duel Meged Slipnir GX with 100 str/int base

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO

20k crits at 193 ... no ty

you know enchant blade only adds 200 or so damage on top of the 8k crit right? learn how skills work before you comment on them.

#27 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Enchant blade adds MATK to your attack, this lets high-int low-atk characters (esp.mages) deal significantly more damage with there 20~30 starting int allowing them to... actually kill things in one hit with normal attacks. I miss enchant blade making my level 40 mages do 2k+ melee hits.

I wonder what kind of crazy setup was needed for enchant blade to add 2k attack (on a level 40 mage!). With that much matk, you are better off killing mvps with one firebolt :P

Enchant blade as a buff isn't bad with its ~400 added damage (with high enough int, matk and level). First of all, the player has to have a rune knight, so a first or second class using it is not a gearless zenyless chara.

It is at least someone who has a rune knight. Probably the kind of player who will zoom through first levels any way. Or the kind of player who can afford SP items to maintain striking (or kafrapoints. It costs like 20 KP to maintain striking all your way to second class). So I don't see anything wrong with this player oneshotting spores and such. As soon as said player has a spammable skill, enchant blade doesn't make that much difference.

Enchant blade is neither the superkiller part of Gx or other melee player combos. But it is a nice addition to other melee classes like a hindsight sagescholarsorcerer, or a battle archbishop who might have int or matk for dupple light, or a chaser with shadow spell.

I really wish enchant blade could return to be a buff for any class, and if any tiny change needs to be addressed to prevent one case of OPness, then it is addressed with a scalpel and not with a machete like kRO loves doing...

#28 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

I think it should be made targetable again too, it's not like it changed the WoE/PvP scene. No one seems to care about people having buff or endow slaves, why the hate on enchant blade ones?

Also, Berserk Guitar + Harmonize + Enchant Blade was pretty fun on my Maestro...It's unfortunate that this combo isn't viable anymore (Harmonize isn't useful for this anymore either).

#29 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

afaik EB only makes normal atk get boosted by matk, edp doesnt boost matk so this isnt an issue.
still dont like ppl go on "EB slave me plx" or on party, or hearing some random... guildie asking for eb every time he dies, on ts lolol

Edited by Raidius, 25 January 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#30 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

I miss being able to run around places and just using the skill enchant blade on other players. Seems like a fun little support skill that the RK can have. Once it was changed to self only kinda found myself playing less these days XD. I know it would be a long shot but would there be a chance in the future to revert it back to casting on others? :x

uh no this skill needs to remain self buff only. I actually agree with the change they made to it being self buff only cause I'm sorry but as an RK its annoying being in partys and GX's/Rangers demanding Enchant Blade. The only way I'd Agree to a change in this skill is if it were not allowed to be used on GX's, Rangers, and a few other classes.

#31 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Forget encouraging people to help each other... they oughta be paying Gravity for lucky boxes to spam level 10 Mercs as newbie characters instead. :P

Exactly.

I don't get why people like, throw up their arms and are all "well, the enchant blade skill is TOO powerful" but then they're silent about things like mercenaries, which are far more powerful (and useful) for low-level characters than buffs like enchant blade. It's like, a double standard or something.... :D

#32 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well... so far the arguments in favor of nerfing the skill's targeting are:
- Makes Novices and 1st class characters overpowered. (Oh the fright!)
- Adds a couple-hundred damage to somebody's already 19k damage melee attacks.
- Some RK players can't handle "buff me" being said to them.

Can we really take these arguments seriously? xD The last one is really dumb too; you don't see other classes demanding their own buff skills be nerfed because people ask them for it.

#33 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

The damage boost for agi melees is truly obscene imo.

While I loved buffing myself with Enchant Blade (on my alts) and 1-shotting monsters 10 lvls higher than my nooblet with normal attacks, I have to agree that the damage it added was so ridiculous that it deserved to be nerfed... It was a 30-80% increase in DPS on mid-level through 9x second job and second job trans classes.

#34 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well... so far the arguments in favor of nerfing the skill's targeting are:
- Makes Novices and 1st class characters overpowered. (Oh the fright!)
- Adds a couple-hundred damage to somebody's already 19k damage melee attacks.
- Some RK players can't handle "buff me" being said to them.

Can we really take these arguments seriously? xD The last one is really dumb too; you don't see other classes demanding their own buff skills be nerfed because people ask them for it.

Do you play an RK? It's obvious you haven't cause it isn't "buff me" that was being said it was downright demands for the buff, and I do have screenshots showing it; however, due to forum policies I cannot post those here. The Enchant Blade nerf was needed and the skill shouldn't be reverted back period, unless GX's and ranger's can't be buffed with it as it would cause a serious in-balance otherwise.

#35 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

lolol Enchant blade does not make auto-attackers that much bigger of a threat. It's like an additional 3k dps without counting reductions on 193 aspd. The GX's/rangers that hurt now are the ones that use rolling cutter / CRS / arrow storm.

Killing everything with a basic attack at low levels while roaming freely is absurd. The formula would need to be revised if they were to make it castable to others again. Ex. Striking was changed so that weapon level matters. A low level char getting striking would get a good atk bonus, but not crazy ridiculously good. + ~250 damage at level 1 with a basic attack is just stupid. A higher emphasis on the matk/int portion and less emphasis or non-existence of the base bonus damage would be a change worth placing, not that it'll ever change though. It's more a game design issue than game balance issue imo.

People QQ'ing that people are rude when asking for buffs, go cry a river.

#36 Ricxtov

Ricxtov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Do you play an RK? It's obvious you haven't cause it isn't "buff me" that was being said it was downright demands for the buff, and I do have screenshots showing it;

Lol, i bet you have never played a priest class in your life.

#37 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

The damage boost for agi melees is truly obscene imo.

While I loved buffing myself with Enchant Blade (on my alts) and 1-shotting monsters 10 lvls higher than my nooblet with normal attacks, I have to agree that the damage it added was so ridiculous that it deserved to be nerfed... It was a 30-80% increase in DPS on mid-level through 9x second job and second job trans classes.

kRO could've solved this by putting a level modifier on the skill, but we already know they're really bad at finding middle-of-the-road balancing solutions like that; it's almost always all or nothing for them. Plus when it comes to low-level characters there are plenty of methods to circumvent pre-90 leveling that veteran players put into use on a regular basis that never needed Enchant Blade.

^ This. I play mostly support classes, with the exception of my RK, so people demanding buffs and such is nothing new.

#38 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

I actually have played a priest class in my life and decided not to main as a priest.

#39 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Soon there will be a "plz nerf soul linkers" thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users