How is the community doing? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How is the community doing?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

I was wondering how is the community?

have more new players come to the game?

or the same players still making new accounts to get adventage of any new events?

Thing is, I like the game, but every time I play I see the same players, the same players in pvp, the same players afk in towns and new players that come and go and I even saw a decreased of players right after F7 was modified,maybe its just me, thats why Im asking and also I uninstalled the game a couple of months ago so I cant tell if the comunity has grown, and I want to know if new players are actually joining DS.

Edited by Wobinar, 25 January 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

I was wondering how is the community?

have more new players come to the game?

or the same players still making new accounts to get adventage of any new events?

Thing is, I like the game, but every time I play I see the same players, the same players in pvp, the same players afk in towns and new players that come and go and I even saw a decreased of players right after F7 was modified,maybe its just me, thats why Im askind and also I installed the game a couple of months ago so I cant tell if the comunity has grown, and I want to know if new players are actually joining DS.

First, let me point out that the reason you see the same players is because the same group of people inhabits the endgame level because they have gotten to that point quickly and then, of course, spend their time in areas like PvP and in town. The community was never a diminishing thing [Even after F7 was changed, which I'm glad you didn't refer to as a nerf because I would hardly call it that at this point] and I find it hard to believe you're doing an hourly survey of every single area monitoring all level changes. The fact is that this is an MMO and there's the players who get to the endgame quickly and those who don't. Just because there isn't more capped players than the ones you're used to doesn't mean that the community is in any way small. You have zero sense of scope and I don't think you need to be back if you examine a metaphorical raindrop under a microscope and then proclaim the world is soaking wet.

EDIT: Maybe that was a bit rude. What I meant to say is that the community is fine but you will find it almost exactly as it was whenever you left. I don't see how what you're describing is any reason to be upset, it's not a bad thing or any sign of corruption--just an empirical fact of the game and I cannot grasp what your problem is with it. If you think it's bad for whatever reason, then I don't think you'll be pleased upon coming back.

Edited by Kazu731, 24 January 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#3 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

First, let me point out that the reason you see the same players is because the same group of people inhabits the endgame level because they have gotten to that point quickly and then, of course, spend their time in areas like PvP and in town. The community was never a diminishing thing [Even after F7 was changed, which I'm glad you didn't refer to as a nerf because I would hardly call it that at this point] and I find it hard to believe you're doing an hourly survey of every single area monitoring all level changes. The fact is that this is an MMO and there's the players who get to the endgame quickly and those who don't. Just because there isn't more capped players than the ones you're used to doesn't mean that the community is in any way small. You have zero sense of scope and I don't think you need to be back if you examine a metaphorical raindrop under a microscope and then proclaim the world is soaking wet.

EDIT: Maybe that was a bit rude. What I meant to say is that the community is fine but you will find it almost exactly as it was whenever you left. I don't see how what you're describing is any reason to be upset, it's not a bad thing or any sign of corruption--just an empirical fact of the game and I cannot grasp what your problem is with it. If you think it's bad for whatever reason, then I don't think you'll be pleased upon coming back.

I know it might sound stupid but the reason a noticed a decreased was because I randomly jump tru my characters helping random player lvl or get the hang of the game and not to take in mind that you can easily tell the decrease by simply looking at the channels when they where at their peak but I havent checked, I personally believe that a MMO strongly relies on a good community I do undertand that the game is mostly players too legit to quit, and the reason why I say I noticed a decreased after the F7 thing, its because 4 of my rls left the game, and in game friends left also because of that, I dont really mind whatever happened to F7, after playing since Open Beta, F6 its good enough, but I like to meet new players.
I also would like to thank you for your reply,and as for right now I will keep jumping games till B&S comes out.

#4 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Community has been steady for awhile.

Edited by StormHaven, 25 January 2012 - 01:51 PM.
No advertising non WP games.

#5 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Community has been steady for awhile. Not really as huge as it used to be in my opinion. And B&S = Blade and Soul? Currently I'm playing cbt2 on there, and in comparison to community, its like PoW ch1 in every town. Very large community, easy partying.

**keep in mind, that game will most likely be p2p, or b2p. DS= f2p~ your choice.

Edit: forgot to say... That game is very balanced in terms of pvp. You CANNOT hide behind armor. You also CANNOT hide behind BLOCK and EVADE. You need to know how to dodge, move, and strategize (skills could only be used under certain conditions when met). Imo, a mmo is about pvp. If you are the type to press buttons with little thought, I don't reccemmend this game.

Please know that discussion of other MMORPGs is against the forum's rules though I appreciate the sentiment you're trying to convey.

Edited by Kazu731, 25 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#6 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

For the record, you CAN hide behind evade. You just need to spend an incredibly ridiculous amount of money on your gear.

#7 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

@ zab... Yes. Yes you can hide behind evade in "DS". Also yes, there are players who is willing to spend that much to stack perfect stacks... Just for the record.

#8 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

I know B&S will most likely will be p2p, but I'm willing to, as for DS its f2p but pay to pvp, I dont think we can get far wt +4 gear.
Well I will reinstal DS just to keep as an option when I have nothing to do and jump in and say hi to oldies after all I made good friends here.

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

I know B&S will most likely will be p2p, but I'm willing to, as for DS its f2p but pay to pvp, I dont think we can get far wt +4 gear.
Well I will reinstal DS just to keep as an option when I have nothing to do and jump in and say hi to oldies after all I made good friends here.

If you don't want to go past +4 for gear for pvp you can ask to do naked pvp with lvl 25 weapons.

Edited by StormHaven, 26 January 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#10 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

I mean pvp wise, not pve.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

I mean pvp wise, not pve.

Yea just saw that. Edited it! :P

#12 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I will not give names, but some players are just gear and when we fought naked it was relatively easy, and some others are really skilled.
My point is just because I choose not to spend on this game doesnt mean players have to met my requirements as to fight naked, as I think making good gear is part of being good a player. But I think, pvp here is more of a luxury.

Edit: minor mistakes.

Edited by Wobinar, 26 January 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#13 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

side scrolling games + button mash = total skill

trying to b sarcastic here...

Edited by AccelSynchro, 26 January 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#14 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

side scrolling games + button mash = total skill

trying to b sarcastic here...

That's a clear indication that you are unaware of what skill means in this game.

#15 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Skill varies game to game. Just like it does sport to sport.

#16 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

I dont want to b one of those jerky guys but i invited several pros in pay-to-play mmos since i played those games as well. They got pretty legit in naked pvping and such but then quit cuz of 5v5 button mashing. i would consider 1v1 or maybe even 2v2 to be slightly skill based but on a Side-Scrolling scale, idk lol. Not to mention the slight delay and server lag in pvp.

Edited by AccelSynchro, 26 January 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#17 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I dont want to b one of those jerky guys but i invited several pros in pay-to-play mmos since i played those games as well. They got pretty legit in naked pvping and such but then quit cuz of 5v5 button mashing. i would consider 1v1 or maybe even 2v2 to be slightly skill based but on a Side-Scrolling scale, idk lol. Not to mention the slight delay and server lag in pvp.

Have you ever considered that your friends may have... not been so great?

#18 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

People that i invited:
1) Professional tennis players who can pretty much do anything
2) Currently in Medical School and is also a professional tennis player
3) Professional table tennis player who i play with as a practice partner
4) Geniuses in coordinating and creating specific pieces of technology as well as award winners of the ExploraVision projects

much much more as well.

I do not want to state that they do play MMO as pros and if i do state the games they play, well, illegal to say in forums.

The relevance of this is that they have a specific area that they can rely on and use their skills as advantages for getting better in other areas. Passion, motivation, and talent is required as said by many famous olympians.

Seeing that playing something is significant is based on how famous it may be or how fun it is as well.
If a game is not correctly made, then lets just say the few sports out of many have made it to being an olympic sport.

Going to be slightly emotional here:
What i see in this game are too many trolls and the backing of another troll to support the troll, thus putting down a person although that person complaining/stating relevant facts may be right.
Although not information was given, it may be shown as proof in which many other pple think considered, but then again there are "trolls."
My problem with the community are these type of people stating irrelevant facts to relevant facts for the game, but instead comes out as "whining."
If i were to focus on something, it would b something that would give significant rewards or perhaps just for fun. Would it really be worthy of becoming a professional in something that has so much flaws?

It's so detrimental that the convenience, casual gaming compared to the inferior complex of so many people. Seeing pugnatious people spamming megaphones and stating names is so annoying that i have been seeing people quitting because of this. I really wish to see people not being so aloof from one another...

Also instead of stating things such as "stupid," or "idiot," why not just say that they are wrong and give some proof to be exact? I really don't see why people would just post 5 word sentences and keep on doing the same thing over and over when it could be right and even increase community size?

**After all, the complaints and whines are always removed from the main community chat list or is deleted/removed. Any acts of putting down company business are usually removed and never even considered instead of focusing on fixing these problems.

Edited by AccelSynchro, 26 January 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#19 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm sorry your friends might not be any good at team-play. I'm not sure how exactly them being from pay-to-play MMORPG's factor into the equation, but maybe you're trying to make a subtle "PVP IZ HARD WIF NO GEER" post. If you are, I have to say that if you and your friends got into a 5v5 with +4/green gear after playing naked PvP and your friends ragequit because of it, nothing of value was lost to the community.

Also, I find that side-scrolling games (which is much more like traditional arcade/console fighting games) can take much more skill than 3D point-and-click games where you just stand there and press hotkeys in the right order.

And I don't lag in pvp at all.

5 people that i invited:
1) professional tennis who can pretty much do anything

Steven Hawking says apples are the best fruit. He's an amazing theoretical physicist, he must know what he's talking about!

Edited by zabmaru, 26 January 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#20 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm still unsure of the point Accel is trying to make..
also confuses me how you're trying to compare people who are professional at RL sports to being good at playing games?
Being a pro/skilled at in FPS doesn't mean you're pro/skilled in all FPSes, you could completely suck at others for example. You can't really compare DS to non side scrolling MMOs just because they function differently at non basic points.

Edited by StormHaven, 26 January 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#21 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

5 people that i invited:
1) professional tennis who can pretty much do anything

much much more as well.

I do not want to state that they do play MMO as pros and if i do state the games they play, well, illegal in forums

They sound like incredibly talented individuals with an absolute clear sense of competitive achievement and I am so sorry for ever doubting your master race tennis-playing doctor-to-be also-table-tennis experts who are also the cream of the proverbial golden CROP when it comes to MMO practice and skill. How may I apologize for this contemptible blotch of heretical insult on their pristine record of academic, physical, and recreational conquest? Please describe this in vivid detail to me immediately so that I do not fall from the grace of these kings of men; these titans of probably Aryan descent; these godlike figures that stand tall above the filthy and incompetent masses?

Spoiler

EDIT: What does megaphone spam have to do with PvP?

EDIT2: By the way, I don't know how you define troll but everything I said I am completely and entirely serious about. I am not trying to elicit a reaction; I'm trying to tell you you're wrong. With some fancy words.

Edited by Kazu731, 26 January 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#22 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

If this game is really true of button mashing then what other focuses will you have? What other area will you play or be good at? I just happened to make really good friends instead of people that sit down on their computers 24/7 and rage-flame someone with "try-to-use" vocabulary. It may seem that i am talking about the Aryan race or whatever but i think you are taking it too far, perhaps you are having an inferior complex issue?

If so, please state the skill involved in this game that i may so consider. Lag, delay, OP equipment aside from naked pvp compared to a semi-OP player. Tell me that you can prove the difference, the significance that your knowledge is even worthy of considering. I can definitely agree to my utmost sense that these flaws are in every game. Prediction of enemy movement is required, but the concept of "buying every single piece of godly item" in the game is so flawless to beat. What skill is there when it is 5v5 in pvp, cast buffs, then eradicate everyone by luck? Or maybe even perhaps a lag switch can be turned on to cast teleporting and taking advantage of those that have computers with high specs and internet at 60+ mbps.

Is there really any thought being involved in the game when pvping? Is there really prediction of movement when compared to having a set amount of mp with crappy armor/weapon against one that has maxed-out equipment?

If you can show me the true meaning of skill and state that you are even good IN AT LEAST ONE SPECIFIC AREA i will consider. I will consider the blood you have sweat, the money you have spent, the tears u have dropped, and the talent/passion to become a pro. If i can see all of these in this game, i will say this game got some balls with tons of skill.

Oh and also stating the fact, you barely even pvp. Im in pvp 24/7 np

Edited by AccelSynchro, 26 January 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#23 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

If this game is really true of button mashing then what other focuses will you have? What other area will you play or be good at? I just happened to make really good friends instead of people that sit down on their computers 24/7 and rage-flame someone with "try-to-use" vocabulary. It may seem that i am talking about the Aryan race or whatever but i think you are taking it too far, perhaps you are having an inferior complex issue?

If so, please state the skill involved in this game that i may so consider. Lag, delay, OP equipment aside from naked pvp compared to a semi-OP player. Tell me that you can prove the difference, the significance that your knowledge is even worthy of considering. I can definitely agree to my utmost sense that these flaws are in every game. Prediction of enemy movement is required, but the concept of "buying every single piece of godly item" in the game is so flawless to beat. What skill is there when it is 5v5 in pvp, cast buffs, then eradicate everyone by luck? Or maybe even perhaps a lag switch can be turned on to cast teleporting and taking advantage of those that have computers with high specs and internet at 60+ mbps.

Is there really any thought being involved in the game when pvping? Is there really prediction of movement when compared to having a set amount of mp with crappy armor/weapon against one that has maxed-out equipment?

If you can show me the true meaning of skill and state that you are even good IN AT LEAST ONE SPECIFIC AREA i will consider. I will consider the blood you have sweat, the money you have spent, the tears u have dropped, and the talent/passion to become a pro. If i can see all of these in this game, i will say this game got some balls with tons of skill.

In 1v1, skill difference is obvious. There's a reason why some people can't even win a single round in naked PvP. In group PvP, it's not as clear since most people you are playing with are randoms. However, if you take a look at the winners of the live IAH tournaments, it's pretty much the same teams doing well in every tournament. Unless this team has gotten lucky in every single tournament, then the only other explanation is a combination of teamwork and skill.

Also, side scrolling does not mean that there's no skill involved. Surely no one would host international tournaments for games such as Street Fighters and Melty Blood if the 2d fighting games are all about luck.

#24 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

EDIT: Nevermind, Yurai did the job splendidly.

Spoiler

Edited by Kazu731, 26 January 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#25 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think you are specting too much from a game rated pg-13, from a game focus on kids, you shouldn't spect a lot. :/

Added: (online interactment can't be rated.)

Edited by Wobinar, 26 January 2012 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users