anyone recommend Meteor Assault dual dagger? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

anyone recommend Meteor Assault dual dagger?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

hey guys my first char is a thief and i recently got transcended.
I really need help on some of my skills. what my play style is going to be is...
1. Use mainly dual daggers for general PVM
2. Use elemental katars for specific monsters for fast farming

my guild member a GX suggested the following
cloaking-3
right hand / left hand mastery - 5
katar mastery - 10? or 5?
advance katar mastery - 5
meteor assault - 10
EDP-5
and whatever needed to lvl those up.

is this alright? i see alot of people using soul destroyer rather than meteor assault. also should i get my katar mastery to 5 or max it up? i'm fairly new at this game and much i don't know if this build is viable for later GX skills too. any comments would be very much appreciated.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

Rule #1 of GX: GET CLOAKING LEVEL 10!
Rule #2 of GX: You don't need Right/Left Hand mastery unless you're learning Venom Pressure or you are a Dual weapon GX.
Rule #3 of GX: Soul Destroyer is a Dual Weapon Assassin skill, not a Katar's.
Rule #4 of GX: Sonic Blow 10 is a must if you want to get started on your GX skill tree.
Rule #5 of GX: Elemental Katars are crap compared to a +9 KVM Weapon that is endowed or elemental converted.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 25 January 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#3 OgreWilde

OgreWilde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationEuphoria
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Dual Dagger still gets cross impact, not near as strong without a katar though. I've made 2 GX's and it is so far the most useful skill I've found, also a Katar class is better then the dual dagger and for noobs who clearly don't have a KvM weapon let alone a +9 KvM weapon, elemental katars or any designed to increase attack to specific races and elements are VERY effective. With a +7 Katar of Raging Blaze [3] (2xMutantDragon/1xSidewinder) I can hit Earth monsters for 15K+ damage, also if you need neutral damage a +9/10 Jur [3] is recommended

#4 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

hm... =/
so the general recommendation is rather than being a DD and sometimes KATAR GX, do a full katar GX? dang i might need to rethink of my options... i have a question though. If i'm going full katar, i was thinking of using chick hat for 50% double attack. is it still a good idea to use crit cards for katars?

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

If you're a full katar build, you got Rolling Cutter. Problem solved in leveling and pvp. All you need is money for EDPs and a +9 or higher KvM weapon and you're set.

NEVER RELY ON CRIT CARDS AT ALL! Get 2x Rogue Treasure or invest 70 or higher Luck points for crit bonus. If you can't get RTs, start saving up. They are a must have for crit GX unless you can get yourself a full Sapha Set. :P

Double Dagger GX is so -_-ty since Glorious Flamberge and Glorious Gladius are glitched and do not get any slaughter bonus atm, so you won't be able to kill anyone in WoE/PvP with them.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 26 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#6 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

done. hearing from a 150/50 main GC i think i can have my faith in you :P

#7 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

one more thing guys. i've decided to become a full katar build wearing a chick hat for double attack and not rely on crit at all.

and like ogre said, I'm too nub of thinking about +9 KvM weapons, so i was thinking getting several katars ready like...
1. elemental katars with x3 elemental cards
2. infiltrator with hydra card(?) for pvp, demi-human
3. neutral attacking for non of the above...

what should i use for neutral attack? is getting 3 x jur[3] and carding them with 15%size + atk5 cards a good idea?
your tips really helped ceru, its just that i'm not super rich or very high leveled to turn your suggestions into reality.

thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users