• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ricxtov

Ricxtov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Really? What are the odds of getting exactly that knife?

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Really? What are the odds of getting exactly that knife?

http://irowiki.org/w...imi_Knife_Quest

#3 Ricxtov

Ricxtov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

It has been reported that the Heart of Mermaid is only requested very rarely; users often report getting thousands of Sushi from him without being asked for the Heart of Mermaid once.

Wonder if they fixed that, at least for the event.

#4 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Did 3 times, asked for candy, china and then crab shell. gave up.

#5 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

I agree that this quest probably shouldn't have been included in the Amatsu highlight. The rates for the knife are seriously bad. Could they ninja a more linear quest into the game so you can get the knife without tearing your hair out for the minuscule chance that the old man will ask for heart of mermaids THREE times? Once is already rare enough @_@

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

What i'd do to the quest:

Raise the rates of the mermaid heart request to like 2-5%

Remove option to buy sushi + raw fish from him entirely.

Increase hp regen of sushi by like a factor of 5 or so (so it's almost a white, but lighter) so players got something useful out of the quest.

Change the Raw Fish from a crappy hp regen, to a crappy sp regen - make it regen about as much sp as a lemon.

#7 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

oh wtf, just did all didnt realize that step 2 in the knife quest had to be done, the victoria quest npc still shows it as red, guess I won't finish

#8 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

You only have to get the "100 heart of mermaids" once so it should be a lot easier now.

#9 Thexare

Thexare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLaying on the ground somewhere
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

It still kind of sucks though. It's even weak for an elemental weapon, and it's compatible with exactly zero weapon-specific attack skills (except One-Hand Quicken, but that requires a Linker, and I can think of many better uses for that).

I just don't think the sword's worth the effort.

I could see it being considerably better with a crit or damage boost vs. Fish (and/or Water) monsters and a boost to the healing of Raw Fish - still very specialized, but at least useful. As it stands, you're using an underpowered sword that has a 40% chance to drop a healing item weaker than a Red Potion when you kill a specific race of monster. At the levels which this would be useful, you're still riding on a stockpile of Novice Potions from the training ground - and you can't use it while levelling to save on potion money because it requires level 48; you'll have too much health for it to do a damn thing.

A novelty weapon is one thing, but after the quest you need to do for it, it just feels like a kick in the nuts. "Hey, thanks for killing those three hundred Obeaunes. Annoying bastards, aren't they? Here, have this Wind Rapier with a useless special effect."

blitzerison: I read that announcement as meaning you only need 100 for credit for the event, not for the sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users