[Proposal] Merchants and Zoom! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Proposal] Merchants and Zoom!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Well, this proposals are quite simple. In fact maybe could help the players a little more.

1º The Merchants: They are selling everywhere, it`s litte annoying walk in Prontera with so many merchants in the middle of the streets. I was in a Server where the Adminds moddified the places to sell thing. The merchant`s (in that server) couldn`t sell in the middle of the street, the admins use a program to prevent people selling in the streets. Ex: The Selling skill was unable in streets zones.
Modifing this could make a faster and clean crowded areas.

2º Zoom: I know that iRo its different from kRO! But please! Plase! Give us more zoom that the default! A Ranger only have 10 cells to attack when in fact we have more to use if we have more zoom ratio!!! All ranger classes would be happy if they have more zoom to kill Pvm, PvP, MvP!! Sometimes the mobs are to close enough to kill when the fault its for the zoom!!

Good luck to all!!

#2 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationI travel across Midgard, aimlessly.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

1: It's a script that applies to specific cells that disables vending and chatrooms. Also, it'll never happen here with the amount of venders. If all the current venders were forced to the sidewalks they'd stretch from prontera's south gate to the north gate and a quarter of the way between the east and west gates. No one would bother looking through the vends. (Valk server)

2: Agreed. You think it's bad for rangers? Try gunslingers. They have something like 14-16 cell range which they get extended from the Snake's Eye skill. It's only necessary to get max visible range with it, but for their primary skills you need lv10 (useless).

#3 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

thats what the Loki server was like back in the day 6 years ago, merchants stayed off the main road and lined up on the side walk from the south gate of prontera all the way up to the smith in the center and a handful near the east and west exits

Eden changed all that.

they have the power they did it in eden
if they "wanted to" they could implement it in other places

#4 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

Well Vermillion, I`ve played in a server with 1500 characters wich almost 500 were merchants and was no problem at all putting them aside the streets. We have here 1000 merchs selling all the time? Use a script to put the merchs between 1 block free each other and the game will run more fast and easy for others players...
I understand that the people would only walk in the streets and the merchs in the middle or far from the streets wouldnt have sells. But in the time the players will walk far beyond the streets %100 for sure! Worked in the old server that I played :)

I`ll still demanding a better zoom out in the game, could be a extended option in the option menu. I heard that some guys use a script in the old official RO, but maybe de adminds could think that it`s a hack and maybe could ban us :P :D

If some Admin read this: Could we use a program to zoom out more the camera?. If doesn`t: Could you make a update with a better camera zoom? Thx!

Edited by fefete, 27 January 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#5 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

1. Yes please
2. Yes please

#6 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

Well Vermillion, I`ve played in a server with 1500 characters wich almost 500 were merchants and was no problem at all putting them aside the streets. We have here 1000 merchs selling all the time? Use a script to put the merchs between 1 block free each other and the game will run more fast and easy for others players...
I understand that the people would only walk in the streets and the merchs in the middle or far from the streets wouldnt have sells. But in the time the players will walk far beyond the streets %100 for sure! Worked in the old server that I played :)

I`ll still demanding a better zoom out in the game, could be a extended option in the option menu. I heard that some guys use a script in the old official RO, but maybe de adminds could think that it`s a hack and maybe could ban us :P :D

If some Admin read this: Could we use a program to zoom out more the camera?. If doesn`t: Could you make a update with a better camera zoom? Thx!

Number 1: This isn't a private server so vendors in the streets are the norm here and with the amount of vendors we have on the valk server for example it would be very bad to block vending on the street as its how were able to consolidate the vendors into a central market.

Number 2: IT's spelled admin not adminds

#7 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

What is all that is private or not? It's just that it can be more comfortable walking the streets without vendors in the middle, which hinder the view.

"Number 2: IT's spelled admin not adminds"
Yes, sometimes when I write for the mere act of writing to make me notice, I do. Like you just do it now! :P :D

#8 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

What is all that is private or not? It's just that it can be more comfortable walking the streets without vendors in the middle, which hinder the view.

Do you want a comfy couch on the street as well, since you want comfortable walking? With your philosophy you want everything just made easy for you. I have a crappy computer and I'm able to move through Prontera with ease so just deal with it as in my eyes your argument lacks merit.

#9 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

In others server many people proposed this and the %70 said "Yes"... Its a clean function to see better the streets. It`s a mess to see a lot of people standing wherever they want. Im playing ragnarok since 2003 (all in private servers) and always this proposal was made it by someone. And in the half of the servers that I played this proposal had been aproved :P

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

1) Why do people have a problem with people vending in the middle of the street? I never understood that - I never had a problem navigating the streets. Sure, it's ugly, but that's all. No practical impact. That said, it would be truly trivial for iRO to implement this. Just put 2 lines of invisible npcs down the main road and the recently-implemented no-vend radius around npcs would kick in and there would be no vends in the street. I do not support that change, personally.

2) The data isn't sent to the client until monster is within 15 cells. With zoom all the way out and angle nearly vertical, near the corners, you can see monsters disappear when you walk out of the 15 cell range. Hence, allowing more zoom range would not let you target things farther away, because you can already see stuff at the 15-cell distance limit. Changing the 15 cell limit is well beyond what iRO can do without kRO's help.

Now, fixing the views on maps like nameless and other zones with restricted camera angle, I VERY STRONGLY SUPPORT. I know someone who became physically ill (vomiting, etc) after mvping in NL due to the camera angle.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#11 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

1) Why do people have a problem with people vending in the middle of the street? I never understood that - I never had a problem navigating the streets. Sure, it's ugly, but that's all. No practical impact. That said, it would be truly trivial for iRO to implement this. Just put 2 lines of invisible npcs down the main road and the recently-implemented no-vend radius around npcs would kick in and there would be no vends in the street. I do not support that change, personally.

2) The data isn't sent to the client until monster is within 15 cells. With zoom all the way out and angle nearly vertical, near the corners, you can see monsters disappear when you walk out of the 15 cell range. Hence, allowing more zoom range would not let you target things farther away, because you can already see stuff at the 15-cell distance limit. Changing the 15 cell limit is well beyond what iRO can do without kRO's help.

Now, fixing the views on maps like nameless and other zones with restricted camera angle, I VERY STRONGLY SUPPORT. I know someone who became physically ill (vomiting, etc) after mvping in NL due to the camera angle.

But, if we have more camera out to move, some faster mobs will be more easy to evade or kill. Like some MvP, if we have more space to move our character, we can set better estrategics positions to evade them or kill them. I didn't know that this server have a 15 cells range of vision, but only if we can get more space to walk should be nice :P

But again I`ll ask: Can we (those who want a better zoom camera) modified the game folder to have more view without being ban?

#12 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

It can be summed up in a few words the Original poster has played private servers so much they have been brainwashed to the thinking behind the vending. The vending in the street is perfectly fine since its a part of IRO, and it would be senseless to remove a unique part of IRO.

#13 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

But again I`ll ask: Can we (those who want a better zoom camera) modified the game folder to have more view without being ban?

Modifying the client in a way that give you an advantage over players with unmodified clients is bannable if you are caught.

#14 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationI travel across Midgard, aimlessly.
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's not like people actually walk in Prontera anyway.
There's a couple of refiners in Eden and a tool shop in every town closer to the field/dungeon you'd level in. Since all warps put you in the vicinity of the south gate, a fly wing is the main means of transportation to anyplace else on the map.
If all the venders lined up side by side along the sidewalk, it'd cause considerably more problems with people trying to find specific shops or simply to browse them when they're bored or not looking for something specifically.

The fact that you're here now indicates that those private servers failed. Don't base suggestions on a failed server. In any case, with an alteration like this, vast amounts of venders would complain and the GMs would get swamped with demands for a revert.
I've played a fair number of private servers myself and have been a GM on 3 and a Dev on 2 (populations of 3000+) and i've seen it happen.

#15 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm not brainwashed jajaja... why so agressive man?
It's just a proposal, not something to get angry kid...

But I'm more interested in the zoom :P

#16 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm not brainwashed jajaja... why so agressive man?
It's just a proposal, not something to get angry kid...

But I'm more interested in the zoom :P

Why make such a silly proprosal then? Your basing it solely off what you experienced on a private server (i.e brainwash of the private server effect), and last I checked this is IRO not a private server. And you want to see agressive I'll show you agressive. I'd also be careful who you call a kid, since I'm in no way shape or form a kid.

#17 fefete

fefete

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Why make such a silly proprosal then? Your basing it solely off what you experienced on a private server (i.e brainwash of the private server effect), and last I checked this is IRO not a private server. And you want to see agressive I'll show you agressive. I'd also be careful who you call a kid, since I'm in no way shape or form a kid.

Behind a CPU anyway is a Mighty Rude Man!!! Yeah!!!!

"And you want to see agressive I'll show you agressive"... This in fact, are words from a KID :P

BTW... I never said that my proposal was silly... It`s my experience from others servers PRIVATE OR NOT!! Search kRO for example :) Few years ago... when you was still a kid-o

#18 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Taking this to pm's to avoid any issues developing within the topic.

#19 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

the gm team let ppl use high resolution screen, rcx and other 3rd programs to increase zoom/help ppl farming(exp/h)simplify effect, highlight cells/monster HP why dont make at least zoom option it available to everyone, since this ppl can have some advantage compared to ppl that dont have any of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users