international Ragnarok Online - Valhalla | F2P - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

international Ragnarok Online - Valhalla | F2P

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

I have heard a lot of people ,,talking" about an new upcoming server called Valhalla.
So erm is something coming we might not know about yet or is it just gossip?

From what I heard so far it could be a new Server - low chance
or a merge of all 3 Server into one called Valhalla - high chance due to low population and dying WoE

So is there any truth in this?

By the way, if its just gossip/ rumors. How do you guys and the CM/ GM Team think about an merge of all 3 Server into an f2p server where we have Non-VIP/VIP System WITHOUT Free Char creation and where you have to pay a One-time-fee in order to create as many chars as you wish (To prevent bots mainly) ???

#2 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

As much as I think that the Ymir system works best and the 7USD aren't a problem, many player won't test iRO (and therefor start playing) if they're forced to pay - it's a huge F2P market now and it could serve Warpportal bad if they remove the 2 server system - so I think Ymir and Valk should stay next to each other.
However, I think that there could be a possibility of Ygg beeing merged with Ymir or Valk...

But I think it's mainly gossip ;o

#3 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

1: it is a rumour.
Why? there wasn't a solid proof statement. If GMs would plan to establish one, it is prior first to players' opinion.

2: A new server would just further decrease the player count in all 3 servers.

3: A merge idea should be atleast to delete all Gods possesion ingame, otherwise the balance of the whole game is flawed.
Also, merge would be a bad idea, even with Ymir char creation mechancs..
Why?
Valk has gazillion of bot accounts already..
if merge happens, you know what happens next.

Stick to number 1.
2,3 will just come when 1 happenz

Edited by Chigikogou, 28 January 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#4 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think an important question is how expensive is it to have this 3 server system, compared to merging the F2P severs and creating a 2 server system.

#5 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

As if any new player would join any of the servers lately :P
I think most of the ,,new" player have been playing RO in the past or are coming from server wich may not be named here.
In both cases, would they really mind paying like 1-3$ for an ,,one time entrance fee"?

Especially if you combine it with:

Pay 3$ and create/ delete your chars anytime you want (No need to be VIP any longer!).
Together with your 3$ you'll recieve: 2BMx3, 20 Agi Up/ Blessing Scrolls, 10 Dungeon Scrolls and an amazing Dead with an GM of your choice !!!

Of course those stuff would be Char or Accountbound to avoid abusing or getting BmX3 for cheap.

What would you think about this?

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Merging the servers would kill what little there is left in this game. One of the worst things they could do at this point imo. Except for Ygg, not sure why they opened that to begin with.

Look at what happened with the last merges, the final product was always a shell of the pre-merge servers.

Stupid idea.

Edited by Sera, 28 January 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#7 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

As soon as you have to pay an amount, no matter how high, you set a border that has to be crossed. And there are still new players who never played RO before :P

#8 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Valhalla F2P is one of pRO's servers. If you think about all the official server names around the world, with the exception of the names Chaos, Loki, Iris, Thor, Sakray and Valkyrie, Gravity (and the companies that have the franchise to run the game) does not tend to double up on server names. As such if you have heard the name Valhalla F2P it's in relation to pRO, or someone is feeding you BS for fun. When Ymir was created, they put in some thought, to find a unique server name that was specific to iRO so there would be no confusion. As such I very much doubt Heim and co, would re-cycle a name used on another server.

Spoiler

Server names >>> http://irowiki.org/w...ervers#Features

Edited by lainee, 28 January 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

what up wih everyone saying delete all god items from chars as a choice i mean really sigh

#10 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

They dont need to merge the servers. they just need to have cross server woes and pvp

#11 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to merge Valk with Ygg... seriously Ygg is almost a wasteland.

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

I highly doubt it's anything more than just rumors. Merging the servers won't do anything to promote higher numbers at this point. Even the GMs know that.

#13 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

They dont need to merge the servers. they just need to have cross server woes and pvp

Ymir is a merged server of 3...
3 of the oldest iro servers, they have sooooooooo many god items its not funny

ygg, well id be surprised if even 1 meg existed. Valk used to be 0-4 breakable upgrades and with the amount of mvps throught these server any interserver woe would be bias
its easier to hunt mvps on ygg :P

Ymir>Valk>Ygg (why do you think u cant get a char transfer from ymir to valk)?

Valhalla is Odins Throne Room... its not a server

Edited by IronFist, 28 January 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#14 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

All the god items were broken in the server merge, so there's probably a lot of unmade sets and the god items are more concentrated in particular power centers. Valk probably has a larger and better distribution of god items than ymir in all honesty.

#15 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

to all the Ygg haters...

Ygg is ....like going to the zoo and not having to suffer any 5 year olds on a feild trip or stoners passed out on a bench ....just you the animals and maybe 1 or 2 other people... its cozy..

#16 iFail

iFail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

ygg, well id be surprised if even 1 meg existed.

not surprising when you have valk guild farming that server getting 7 forts a woe for months straight

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

not surprising when you have valk guild farming that server getting 7 forts a woe for months straight

maybe they know something we dont... maybe ygg is merging with valk.
but yeh, ygg is just a farming server, it will be a sad day if they do merge, another gm buff for valk guild

Edited by IronFist, 28 January 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#18 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

nuuuu not valk... send us to ymir..

#19 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to merge Valk with Ygg... seriously Ygg is almost a wasteland.

No please. We dont feel like playing with bots everywhere.
Ymir ok. Valk hell no.

Edited by razirazo, 28 January 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#20 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

No please. We dont feel like playing with bots everywhere.
Ymir ok. Valk hell no.

wow that hurts :P and all servers have bots

#21 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

If they merge all the servers, I can guarantee that about 50% of the population will quit the game. On the flip side, a new server would also be pretty pointless with how badly things on Ygg went / have been going.

WoE "dying" is the fault of the players and alliances on the server. If people were less concerned with jumping on the bandwagon / keeping their superiority by allying any guild that becomes a threat, WoE would be very much alive. Perhaps things are bad on Ymir, but Valk WoE is actually pretty balanced right now. Valk alliance wins some, Embrace (alliance or just them, not sure anymore) wins some. There are plenty of WoE guilds on Valk that are all doing pretty well.

As for a one-time payment for character creation, if it deters bots I'm all for it.

#22 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

If they don't merge the servers, I can guarantee that about 90% of the population in one of the server will quit the game. In fact 50% already has although a slight increase in population recently due to gramps free warps.

#23 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

One-time payment will stop the zeny spammers perhaps, but they are not any problem anymore or?

I guess this will not stop the bot army.

But one-time payment will kill the f2p status: You have to get people which get "addict" with RO then they will pay, this is the f2p tactic :P

#24 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ygg is not a wasteland.

There are more then one megs on our server.

WoE dying?-_-, please, WoE is getting more a more fun and populated, because more and more players are catching up to valk and there head start.

Merging Servers = Wont Happen, the loss or revenue is far to great, its also absurdly unnecessary, Ygg is a nice calm server that is not DICTATED by WoE (unlike Valk), it is far more social and fun, pepole (for the most part) donot carry WoE arguments or rivelrys outside of WoE

(i have no idea how many time this has to said before you all get it)

Dropping populations are due to:

A) People starting new jobs, study's or what ever, its the begging of the new year, people have lives.

:) The GMs doing a fantastic job of banning boters.

why is this even an issue? all anyone ever bitchs about are the GMs doing/not doing there job and how :P every other server finds other servers.

#25 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ygg is ....like going to the zoo and not having to suffer any 5 year olds on a feild trip or stoners passed out on a bench ....just you the animals and maybe 1 or 2 other people... its cozy..

yeah its cozy on ygg, just like living in the suburbs. valk is like a goddam ghetto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users