Ymir Enriched Upgrader - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ymir Enriched Upgrader

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Sometime between yesterday and today the Enriched Upgrade npc disappeared.
Was there a reason it happened before maint and w/o notice?

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Didn't Oda say he's only up until the weekend? :p_angel:

#3 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm tired of him not being there. All new equips seem to want +8 or higher for their effect to kick in. If it's going to be the norm where a gear's actual use requires +8 or higher upgrades then enriched needs to be the norm or permanent...Otherwise stop making (what seems to be) every new gear that requires upgrade levels to get the effects <_>

Edited by Skotios, 30 January 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#4 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I was using it earlier today around like 12pm est. went back an hour ago and he went poof.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

They should make him perma since they keep releasing pay-to-win headgears but remove all the certs in circulation please. =P

#6 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

I quite like the sound of that idea, definitely has merit

#7 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

Sometime between yesterday and today the Enriched Upgrade npc disappeared.
Was there a reason it happened before maint and w/o notice?

lol this is awesome!
he randomly gets added in hidden maintenances and disappears again without notice.

people get left with a lot of ores they don't need so this really must pay off for gravity

#8 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

IT was VERY CLEAR ODA MADE that announcement
that it was only up until weekend.

anyway Enrich should never even be there in the first place, upgrading is already too easy as it is.....

#9 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

IT was VERY CLEAR ODA MADE that announcement
that it was only up until weekend.

anyway Enrich should never even be there in the first place, upgrading is already too easy as it is.....

oh i'm sorry I DIDNT SEE IT in the PATCH notes NOR in the maint thread of HEIMDALLR that IT WAS only up until THE WEEKEND must have MISSED IT maybe it was an INGAME ANNOUNCEMENT that i wasn't ON FOR.
:p_angel:
though i'm not much a fan of enriched either but i also think it shouldn't hop in and out like that.

#10 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Well, he's stll here in Ygg, so I don't know.

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

Ymir folks got Enriched like 10 hours before Valk and Ygg did. I think it looks fair that he left earlier for you guys. Ours should be disappearing soon. :p_angel:

#12 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Gear needs to maintain its chances of breaking or the economy will stale out with tons of unused gear being unsold. At least until a system is developed to trade in the 2,000 pieces sitting in people's storage.

Enriched is a benefit, not an entitlement. Additionally, more people with +9 kills off the pride of actually owning one (highest I have is a +8, and only 1 piece btw). Enriched is a delicate balancing act between giving some players what they want and ruining the game for others from how I see it.

Don't worry about the 100+ certs and HDs you've got - there's always a market for them down the road /no1

#13 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ymir folks got Enriched like 10 hours before Valk and Ygg did. I think it looks fair that he left earlier for you guys. Ours should be disappearing soon. :p_angel:

Oh, well, all my items are +12 now anyway. Was too easy

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

You can't sell HD/enriched ores by themselves. They have to be in a box..... Since you can't open boxes WHILE upgrading, you have to open a bulk if you wanna last and not screw yourself with gears deleveling.

#15 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

You can't sell HD/enriched ores by themselves. They have to be in a box..... Since you can't open boxes WHILE upgrading, you have to open a bulk if you wanna last and not screw yourself with gears deleveling.

hmm sorry im not an upgrade addict. I heard of this problem since long ago but still im not understand;
why not just stop talking to him, open new box and continue upgrading?

#16 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Gear needs to maintain its chances of breaking or the economy will stale out with tons of unused gear being unsold. At least until a system is developed to trade in the 2,000 pieces sitting in people's storage.

Enriched is a benefit, not an entitlement. Additionally, more people with +9 kills off the pride of actually owning one (highest I have is a +8, and only 1 piece btw). Enriched is a delicate balancing act between giving some players what they want and ruining the game for others from how I see it.

Don't worry about the 100+ certs and HDs you've got - there's always a market for them down the road /no1

This makes sense, obviously, but at the same time they are only going to frustrate any "normal" player more and more if they continue making all items require +8 or +9 for the real effects to kick in (I could list them all but that'd be way too tedious)

You may think it's easy to +9 something w/o him but not all of us want to spend 20 US dollars or 100m, average, everytime we want to activate the effects on an item.

Maybe if they didn't throw the idea of +9 around like a rag doll it coulda stayed as a rarity for a little longer but now it's pretty much a necessity for a LOT of equipment. As for "pride" of owning +9, you really should have thrown that pride out the window by now. If it isn't already the case it will soon be that everyone's +9's are gonna be whatever sooner or later because it's part of the game's renewal design that gear's not meant to cap at +14 (which is pretty much where we stand at the moment) final cap is supposed to be +20 anyway. This is just like the decarding system. Whether you all want to accept it or not, evolving games (pretty much any MMO) and new updates require you to obtain new/better gear and also allow for more efficient ways of obtaining the best gear. What would the point of an MMO be if your gear stayed the best forever? (aside from gear that's meant to be that way such as God items and MVP cards)

Edited by Skotios, 31 January 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#17 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

hmm sorry im not an upgrade addict. I heard of this problem since long ago but still im not understand;
why not just stop talking to him, open new box and continue upgrading?

If your gear is below +7 then he will not upgrade it unless you stay in the dialog, so you'll be stuck using more certificates to get it back to +7 with mighty hammer. (Or risk breaking your gear)

Would be nice to have enriched hammer come back very soon, Hazy Forest hasn't been working since Thursday so we couldn't get Mora gear during the event.

#18 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

If your gear is below +7 then he will not upgrade it unless you stay in the dialog, so you'll be stuck using more certificates to get it back to +7 with mighty hammer. (Or risk breaking your gear)

Would be nice to have enriched hammer come back very soon, Hazy Forest hasn't been working since Thursday so we couldn't get Mora gear during the event.

ooooooh. thanks a lot.
now you saved me from unnecessary certs burning. :p_angel:

#19 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

This thread wasn't so much to debate enriched upgrading's impact on the game, but to point out that adding and removing npcs such as this should be given better warning.
As Susan pointed out above, there was no mention of the enriched npc being added nor of his removal. Some of you pointed out that Oda made an announcement that it was only for the weekend, but announcements not made on the patch notes, website, or (worst case scenario) the forums can hardly be expected to reach a large percentage of the RO population. That is not even mentioning the frequent disconnect issues that have made staying online in ymir to hear such announcements an added challenge.

What it comes down to is, in the future, perhaps using different means of giving announcements would be better suited.

#20 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

This thread wasn't so much to debate enriched upgrading's impact on the game, but to point out that adding and removing npcs such as this should be given better warning.
As Susan pointed out above, there was no mention of the enriched npc being added nor of his removal. Some of you pointed out that Oda made an announcement that it was only for the weekend, but announcements not made on the patch notes, website, or (worst case scenario) the forums can hardly be expected to reach a large percentage of the RO population. That is not even mentioning the frequent disconnect issues that have made staying online in ymir to hear such announcements an added challenge.

What it comes down to is, in the future, perhaps using different means of giving announcements would be better suited.

Just like last week there was no announcement at all about a x1.5 drop event. Please don't just make 1 announcement in game and expect people to know about it.

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

gee. I really, really, wish id known he was in! I have a big pile of stuff i need to upgrade with enriched.

Really stupid that things get added in with no notice, and removed as quietly.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

gee. I really, really, wish id known he was in! I have a big pile of stuff i need to upgrade with enriched.

Really stupid that things get added in with no notice, and removed as quietly.

This is why you pay attention to mod chat!

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

This is why you pay attention to mod chat!

I knew I was missing something. Next time I'll read my mod chat! (I wish I could xP)
Why would announcements like this be posted on a hidden section instead of having it somewhere visible?

We have instead stickied a wall of useless threads, but the important announcement hidden...

Edited by Kadnya, 31 January 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#24 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

It's not on a timer, there must have been an eden group maintenance/zone down during the weekend, which turned him off. He's back in the ymir eden group room.

#25 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks.
Glad there was another explanation other than a ninja remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users