Im in need of some help - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Im in need of some help

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

ok so the title says most of it. Im a new player and im in need of help learning how to play im willing to start a new toon an any server. if u r willing to teach me how to play i would be greatfull. i game almost 24/7 so im on all the time. if u r willing to help me (and by help i DON'T mean give me stuff lol) post ur ign and server in this thread plz and ty

#2 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Valky

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Kaito Tsuchyka
server :valkyrie

what ever you need just tell me.
by the way, any pre question? classes, mechanics

---
is almost maintenance time so it tomorrow just PM me

Edited by recolector22, 31 January 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#3 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

um yup lol wht would be the best class for a newbie... and how do i pm in game lmao

#4 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

A few of my guild members are also new. I help them and other guild members help each other. I'll be on one of the following characters tomorrow morning after maintenance.

Server : Ymir
Characters:
Akabane-
Lucky Bastard Fever
BIack Rock Shooter

(the l is a upper caser i)

Edited by Akabane, 31 January 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#5 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

to message in game make sure your chat box is open, the in the small box on the left side of the chat bar type the persons in game name

#6 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

ty for the info Akabane

#7 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

If you manage to log on ymir i'm on BIack Rock Shooter now, though there are 15 minutes left before maintenance.

#8 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

how long is mantinence for?
and ill try to make a new toon right now

#9 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

i cant log on that server im not a vip yet lol

#10 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Suppose to last 3 hours but they are also doing a ISP maintenance tonight also so it might drag on longer

#11 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

for a newbie?
well there's not a "right" answer

swordmans -knights are an easy, simple class
acolytes-- Shura (monks final form) are the most powerful class in the game but are kinda expensive and hard to achieve
merchants-- can sell items and get a lot more money but also are the most money consuming class and not advisable for a first first char
archer-- are tricky, are more of a support class (i dont know a lot about them through)
thief-- are easy too, they can evolve in two good classes
mages-- well they are mage, you know weak in strengh good at distance

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Classes
more ino here

Edited by recolector22, 31 January 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

for a newbie?
well there's not a "right" answer

swordmans -knights are an easy, simple class
acolytes-- Shura (monks final form) are the most powerful class in the game but are kinda expensive and hard to achieve
merchants-- can sell items and get a lot more money but also are the most money consuming class and not advisable for a first first char
archer-- are tricky, are more of a support class (i dont know a lot about them through)
thief-- are easy too, they can evolve in two good classes
mages-- well they are mage, you know weak in strengh good at distance

more ino here

Not much truth to this imo.

Swordsmen are hard to level until they're well into the 100s and have enough third class job levels behind them to make full use of their skills. Expensive to gear them too.

Sura are pretty good, they're fairly cheap in PVM because all their weapons are pretty bad, if you want to WoE or MVP seriously on it though, it has a very high consumable cost.
AB are okay, but nothing to write home about.

The archer classes are easy to play in my opinion, they get solid first class skills that make leveling to 99 pretty easy. Arrows are cheap if you're not an idiot with loot. Wanderer and Maestro suck, but Ranger is an awesome class at the moment.

Chasers got nerfed, GX is good leveling, requires you have a KVM katar though. I find thief classes to be hideously boring to play.

Genetic is okay, they're not OP anymore, and they certainly get some really fun things to play around with. Mech is kind of a weird class that's simultaneously really good and really awful, easy to level though.

Mage classes just downright suck.

#13 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thats a link to the classes, check out the "First Classes", some info might be out of date because of Renewal but you will get a general idea of which character might suit your style of play best. From there i can give advise on where to level.

#14 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

ty for posting im gonna go check out that link now

#15 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Not much truth to this imo.

Swordsmen are hard to level until they're well into the 100s and have enough third class job levels behind them to make full use of their skills. Expensive to gear them too.

Sura are pretty good, they're fairly cheap in PVM because all their weapons are pretty bad, if you want to WoE or MVP seriously on it though, it has a very high consumable cost.
AB are okay, but nothing to write home about.

The archer classes are easy to play in my opinion, they get solid first class skills that make leveling to 99 pretty easy. Arrows are cheap if you're not an idiot with loot. Wanderer and Maestro suck, but Ranger is an awesome class at the moment.

Chasers got nerfed, GX is good leveling, requires you have a KVM katar though. I find thief classes to be hideously boring to play.

Genetic is okay, they're not OP anymore, and they certainly get some really fun things to play around with. Mech is kind of a weird class that's simultaneously really good and really awful, easy to level though.

mine was an opnion too
still swordmans seems easy (my sister have a knight, she just plays one or two times every week and somehow is a lord knight already)
archers are easy at first but they kinda get hard to level specially if you choose bard/dancer.
i love the merchants, they are just my "type" i have a gene (with a sera)
lol i find thief class the most boring too. i just can't level them for more than 10 minutes
mages arent so bad, specially warlocks

shuras are cheap? i didnt know that i heard all the time how "expensive" the gear is

#16 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

When was the last time you played? Cause some sorcs are super scary... Instant cast pwave, (and in Zr0's case with fallen bishop shoes *shudder*) Extreme vacuum to immobilize and then a chain of instant cast spells? It hurts. On top of that, blinding mist + killing cloud is probably one of the most annoying skill combos out there...

#17 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Trans'ing a character is easy no matter what you pick.

As second and trans, gypsy and minstrel are easier to level than hunter/sniper because they have all the same skills and weapons, but much more SP. AV is still strong enough to OHKO stuff up to 99, and isn't nearly as miserable to cast at those levels as FAS. As third class though, Ranger is much easier to level, but the performers aren't necessarily bad at it, it's just the performers come up very short in competitive play.

+7 Double Mali Carga has been vending on Ymir for 74mil for like a week now, and the person selling it has multiples. It's fairly cheap for a top-end PVM weapon imo. As for their other weapons... what, a Grand Cross? Maybe a Hatii Claw or something? To gear it for WoE, you'll need most of the same things as any other class.

Last time I played? Like 20 minutes ago. Warlocks aren't as bad any more, but I really don't see a strong justification to play one, especially for end-game PVM. Sorcerers were 'balanced' and I don't really think new player advice should be based around god items and MVP cards, personally. Depends on what you want to do with a character though I guess.

PAGING HASEO TO TELL US ALL HOW OP WARLOCKS ARE

Edited by Sera, 31 January 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#18 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Once you have a class in mind, I can help you figure out which equips and a plan for leveling. Though its fairly easy to level most things now days because of the new questing system in game (hunt specific monsters to earn exp rewards). Then you'll proceed to your "Second Class", then you'll have new skills to help leveling. I know the others talked about some of the 3rd classes, but I think they forget that your new to the game and you need to have a good understanding of the basics, not to get to far ahead of yourself. Just one step and class at a time. :p_angel:

#19 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm Normally around where Akabane is, Feel Free to say Hi on your travels.

#20 MrHermit

MrHermit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

ty for the help akabane but i dont think i can become a vip for awhile so i cant get onto the ymir server

#21 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Trans'ing a character is easy no matter what you pick.

As second and trans, gypsy and minstrel are easier to level than hunter/sniper because they have all the same skills and weapons, but much more SP. AV is still strong enough to OHKO stuff up to 99, and isn't nearly as miserable to cast at those levels as FAS. As third class though, Ranger is much easier to level, but the performers aren't necessarily bad at it, it's just the performers come up very short in competitive play.

+7 Double Mali Carga has been vending on Ymir for 74mil for like a week now, and the person selling it has multiples. It's fairly cheap for a top-end PVM weapon imo. As for their other weapons... what, a Grand Cross? Maybe a Hatii Claw or something? To gear it for WoE, you'll need most of the same things as any other class.

Last time I played? Like 20 minutes ago. Warlocks aren't as bad any more, but I really don't see a strong justification to play one, especially for end-game PVM. Sorcerers were 'balanced' and I don't really think new player advice should be based around god items and MVP cards, personally. Depends on what you want to do with a character though I guess.

PAGING HASEO TO TELL US ALL HOW OP WARLOCKS ARE

Uh, my guildmate who has instant cast on his skills has no god items or MVP cards whatsoever, so I really don't know what you're talking about. You do NOT need god items or MVP cards to instant cast sorc skills. At MOST you need secra. You don't even need strings for it, though it does help. Zr0 is a totally different story, of course.

Edited by Kuropi, 01 February 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#22 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Mages don't suck, but they are easily the worst if you aren't prepared for it, especially without high end gear. Magic attack sucks without high+ expensive gear, cast times are slow without stacking every non mvp cast reduction item and godlies.

My first character ever was a monk, back when getting to 70 was an achievement. I still play that same character, and love it. Gearwise, Aco/Monk/Champ/Sura don't really need much for leveling. For endgame things like pvping and mvping, yes, you probably need some of the most expensive normal items to compete with other people, but that shouldn't be your concern right now.

You probably could do just fine with an NPC Stunner (60k base price) even til 99/70 champion. Monks also have the added benefit of personal buffs and heals, saving you money on pots which is a good thing when starting off.

Knights could be a good starter class though, since again, a high attack npc sword would probably be fine for most of your leveling as pre-3rd. Knights can mob with Bowling Bash, which can make leveling like 10 times faster than any other class that level.

I also find thief classes boring to level the "traditional" way. Rogues can level extremely fast if you copy a hunter's traps, but that costs a large sum of money for a new player to do. Assassins can mob with grimtooth, but it can be frustrating if you are new to it, and frustration is not a good thing to experience this early on.

#23 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

You guys should get back on topic a new person was asking for help not how awesome you are or your class or your friend or there friend are or how bad a class was nerffed. You should move that to a different thread.

#24 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

All class sucks if u got 500+ latency of the game

#25 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Do the Eden Quests for Equipment.

Talk to Boya at the counter when you hit levels 12, 26 and 40. And talk to Ur, next to Boya, when you are level 60, 70, 80 and 90. It doesn't matter what class you are, the Eden Gears are free and are not bad at all. You can skip the 70, 80 and 90 ones if you have something against doing them, but I strongly recommend at least doing the level 60 one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users