Balance patch made game less balanced - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Balance patch made game less balanced

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Derpaholic

Derpaholic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Title pretty much sums it all up. not complaining or anything im just stating the obvious. only thing it really did was make it so people would fist less.

now instead of goh/stormblast/exceed break its goh/rolling cutter/crush strike/crs if frozen

goh seems to be the same. rc is pretty much like stormblast in terms of damage except you can cloak and backslide when in trouble. crush strike is even stronger then exceed in terms of damage but has a cooldown which "balances" it to some extent

#2 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Balance patch made the game go from one dominating class and an easy to abuse bug to 3 OP classes with status effects actually meaning crap.

Definitely less balance

#3 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Rangers got pretty balanced...still need some improvements...

Suras will always be OP and never balanced

#4 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty much convinced that KRO has no idea what they are doing. All the changes to the AB class has pretty much been a nerf. RGs are reduced to a single build type (Overbrand or bust). People still don't care about Wanderers and Warlocks.

#5 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

I find woe and pvp to be much more balanced now than before. At least you get to fight and it's not just who can deep sleep and stasis the other people till they log out.

Skills that ignore reduction are a huge problem still though, GOH(partially), dragon breath, hunter traps in pvp even, suicidal destruction, etc etc. CRS/rolling cutter is a glass cannon move where you're forced to wear a katar and it can be reduced via gear appropriately at least. Crush strike isn't that bad either and has a reasonable cooldown.

Edited by Viri, 02 February 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#6 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

I don't know who's stupid idea it was to call it a balance patch.

Its an obvious-bug-fix patch with some messing around at most.
I don't think it included anything that wasn't easy to notice and fix the moment they were about to put renewal live.

They have no idea what they're doing
We have no idea what kind of feedback they would even take serious
And they wouldn't listen to it.

:)

#7 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Unsure how 90k AoE for 45 SP with like 2 seconds delay is balanced for rangers, I don't mind them hitting hard but no class can spam that much damage for such a low SP cost/delay. They made it pretty clear that kRO is clueless about balance.

Just look at arrow storm vs severe rainstorm.

They should have either
- Buffed arrow storm, left Severe rainstorm as it was
- Nerfed severe rainstorm, left arrow storm as it was

Then it would be balanced.

What they did
- Buffed arrow storm severely
- Nerfed severe rainstorm severely

That's not balancing. But whatever it's not iRO's team fault, but I was pretty sure they could "rebalance" the balance patch with custom fixes.

#8 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I still seem to get cc/fisted just as often lol. Only thing the nerf to gfist did was hurt MVP sura's.

RK's still seem pretty tough. Skills just got swapped around a bit.

GX did get a buff but they don't have a shield while they are spinning around in RC at least. Storm Blast was definitely more OP. RC/CRS also requires a GX to sacrifice some Crit for Dex to actually land those skills.

#9 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Unsure how 90k AoE for 45 SP with like 2 seconds delay is balanced for rangers, I don't mind them hitting hard but no class can spam that much damage for such a low SP cost/delay. They made it pretty clear that kRO is clueless about balance.

They should have either

What they did

That's not balancing. But whatever it's not iRO's team fault, but I was pretty sure they could "rebalance" the balance patch with custom fixes.

What they SHOULD of done with Severe rainstorm was make it require a whip/Instrument and left everything else the same.
Pretty sure Rangers Arrow storm is more to do with Mora gear than the skill change though.

And yes. They fixed RG so they can't bug-abuse exceed break, or skill-abuse Reflect damage... They apparently changed inspiration but that skill was a bad idea in general and shouldn't even be in the skill tree. Hopefully the less Damage-focused RG playing this game the better.

#10 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Arrow Storm does like 30k easily without Mora gear, (My Shadow Chaser does 20k and my bow gear is absolute crap).

#11 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

What they SHOULD of done with Severe rainstorm was make it require a whip/Instrument and left everything else the same.
Pretty sure Rangers Arrow storm is more to do with Mora gear than the skill change though.

And yes. They fixed RG so they can't bug-abuse exceed break, or skill-abuse Reflect damage... They apparently changed inspiration but that skill was a bad idea in general and shouldn't even be in the skill tree. Hopefully the less Damage-focused RG playing this game the better.

You got your wish with RG's. Most are meat shields again. Hardly anybody uses inspiration. Sad because RG was one of the best counter classes to RK's and Sura's but now don't have the firepower to fight back. They don't have reflect damage to deter people from attacking them as well. Good players with really good gear can play semi-offensive builds. Oh well. Good while it lasted. Good luck fending off all those OP Sura's lol. :)

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

You got your wish with RG's. Most are meat shields again. Hardly anybody uses inspiration. Sad because RG was one of the best counter classes to RK's and Sura's but now don't have the firepower to fight back. They don't have reflect damage to deter people from attacking them as well. Good players with really good gear can play semi-offensive builds. Oh well. Good while it lasted. Good luck fending off all those OP Sura's lol. :)

They were never meant to be purely an offensive+defensive class in the first place. In pre-renewal it was one or the other, but most definitely not both. Hopefully I'll get to see more Sacrifice some time in the future. At least RG's can still break gears 50% of the time alone with 100% SS armor break. They're not exactly just meat shields if they're still one of the most annoying classes you'll ever meet in WoE if your guild doesn't have an FCP slave.

#13 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

The only thing I dislike is that with the patch (and renewal, actually...) certain builds/skills became useless, instead of having ups and downs and giving the player the CHOICE of what build they want to play.

You know, like back then?

#14 Derpaholic

Derpaholic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Also forgot to mention warg strike with like 3-4 wanderers/maestros in party lol.

#15 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

the point was not to gain balance but to remove it so they did good at that now its way off balance =D iro is now not like any other official server. honestly i dont see it as official anymore one day we will merge with another regions server hell it will proly still be less laggy then and balance restored

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

They should have either

What they did

IT IS BALANCE!!!!!

A performer class who is mostly for supporting is not suppose to have a stronger Bow Attack than a Ranger who uses a Bow mainly for attacking..... :)

The buff on Arrow Storm is the fairest skill balance they've given to Rangers since the class was almost unplayable pre-balance patch other than trapping which is just the most unorthodox way to play a Ranger....

#17 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

They were never meant to be purely an offensive+defensive class in the first place. In pre-renewal it was one or the other, but most definitely not both. Hopefully I'll get to see more Sacrifice some time in the future. At least RG's can still break gears 50% of the time alone with 100% SS armor break. They're not exactly just meat shields if they're still one of the most annoying classes you'll ever meet in WoE if your guild doesn't have an FCP slave.

I WOE with One Piece Crew and have yet to see much SAC in high level WOE. The people that have the gear to use SAC well are still playing a more semi-offensive role because its more fun.

RG was OP. I will not deny that but the class took a much larger hit than Sura or RK. I play Sura and know the class is still strong. I am making a RK now because it still seems fun. They could have at least left inspiration alone for a little offense in spurts lol. CC/Fist is way more OP than inspiration lol. Lets make Sura's lose 1% exp every time they use that combo and see how often it gets used lol. Oh well.

Edited by DarkDan, 02 February 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#18 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

What about GX, they wer not bad before.:)
What about nerfing RK's hp?coz they need to nerf db?then nerf db not the hp.
What about wanderer/maestro???:dunno:
What about sorcs hp?what is the nerf for?

#19 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Good, it's a sign of a bad/very bored RG if they went all offence anyway. The class has a few VERY unique skills and THOSE skills (defender, Sacrifice, BANDING even) are what they should be using, not running around bug-abusing exceed break and throwing PPA around everywhere.

And yes... Performers damage was nerfed which is a pain because they Haven't really buffed their support skills but nerfed some of them... But they really shouldn't of outdamaged Rangers with a bow in the first place. They really brought the hammer down on them unfairly with the patch... bleh.

Did they nerf ranger traps that bad? I thought it was a minor damage nerf, made them force-property (which can be good/bad depending on the monster your using it on) and stopped you casting it under characters like hunter traps. Considering how brutal hunter traps are in renewal still ANYWAY trapper build is still decent as a hunter/sniper at least.

I know GX just got outright buffed which they needed, is that not balancing? And Sorcerers HP took a knock because... they actually had a pretty high HP mod when you compare them to warlocks.. IMO they should of buffed warlock and bishop HP more but w.e

Edited by Tirasu, 02 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#20 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

IT IS BALANCE!!!!!

A performer class who is mostly for supporting is not suppose to have a stronger Bow Attack than a Ranger who uses a Bow mainly for attacking..... :)

The buff on Arrow Storm is the fairest skill balance they've given to Rangers since the class was almost unplayable pre-balance patch other than trapping which is just the most unorthodox way to play a Ranger....

Whats unorthodox about it? The description of ranger on the classes page doesn't even mention their use of bows. Not to mention that from hunter onward, there are more trap skills than bow skills. It's fair to consider them the 'main branch' since it gives the build with more options. I strongly preffered the old ranger to the ranger of today.

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Whats unorthodox about it? The description of ranger on the classes page doesn't even mention their use of bows. Not to mention that from hunter onward, there are more trap skills than bow skills. It's fair to consider them the 'main branch' since it gives the build with more options. I strongly preffered the old ranger to the ranger of today.

"RANGE" R

They are suppose to fight from a distance pewpewing stuff and not going up close and dumping :) under people's feet.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 02 February 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#22 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

I find woe and pvp to be much more balanced now than before. At least you get to fight and it's not just who can deep sleep and stasis the other people till they log out.

Skills that ignore reduction are a huge problem still though, GOH(partially), dragon breath, hunter traps in pvp even, suicidal destruction, etc etc. CRS/rolling cutter is a glass cannon move where you're forced to wear a katar and it can be reduced via gear appropriately at least. Crush strike isn't that bad either and has a reasonable cooldown.

should be a fix coming for DB soon, i dont think we got it with our balance patch

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Rangers got pretty balanced...still need some improvements...

Suras will always be OP and never balanced

I find rangers got too much to be called balanced... balanced as in extremely supergood in pvm, and extremely squishy you'll die from people looking ugly at you in pvp is hardly balance, in my opinion.

Edited by Kadnya, 02 February 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#24 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Lol, by that literal minded logic Wanderers should be in constant chaos status.

you know it could just be this

a soldier specially trained in the techniques of guerrilla warfare

#25 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

I find rangers got too much to be called balanced... balanced as in extremely supergood in pvm, and extremely squishy you'll die from people looking ugly at you in pvp is hardly balance, in my opinion.

Sounds about right. Archers where like that originally... Then they added hunters which where like that but godly in PvP until 2-2 and snipers where squishy but great at PvM. It's a squishy PvM class, always has been. Never has it been otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users