nickolyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1684 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal ( Chaos )

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Its Been so many times i got DC even when im doing my Turn In.. Ive been invest lot of cash for this game!! Please fix this before u lost another regular customer.. im so fed up now n nowdays..

#2 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

OP implying DDoS can simply be fixed with just server restart.

#3 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

OP implying DDoS can simply be fixed with just server restart.

Other MMO's have systems in place to stop such attacks, I don't think a simple dDos attack would take down the WoW servers or the TOR servers, it comes down to money and the lack of it gravity has(for iRO anyway) I really hope they give us some of our lost VIP time back tho :\

#4 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Other MMO's have systems in place to stop such attacks, I don't think a simple dDos attack would take down the WoW servers or the TOR servers, it comes down to money and the lack of it gravity has(for iRO anyway) I really hope they give us some of our lost VIP time back tho :\

You are clueless about DDoS then, you cannot protect yourself against it. Those games have MUCH better servers than iRO, it makes it much harder to DDoS if you need 100+ computers. iRO mostlikely only take 1 - 10 computers to be DDoS'd.

To prevent it they would need to invest some big bucks on new servers.

Edited by Shiroi17, 03 February 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#5 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

The way WoW and ToR are set up, a DDOS attack would only take down one server... out of the two dozen they have, making it a case of "well time to play my alt on X server instead"

Ragnarok just uses on shared log in for all servers... Thus weaker to these kind of attacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users