Re-balance Status effects - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Re-balance Status effects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#51 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, sorry. I was typing my reply for a long time and didn't see this page of replies lol.

#52 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have degrees in computer science and game design, and I make video games for a living. All I'm looking for is a consistent, clean design. Renewal is like the RO version of Shirley Mason, the designers have no idea which way they want to go. The worst part is, they keep churning out new content (ironically, in an attempt to keep their fledging user base happy) before finalizing what they want Renewal to be, which makes it hard to enjoy the game (and they're seeing players leave because of it).

That must be why I find my discussions with you to be so enjoyable lol.

#53 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Good, but... Confusion is useless for 3 reasons.

1- Very few people move in a precast, except melee class. In the long end, you won't "disable" anyone. Sit [or even stun and freeze] stop casts, make the affected targets unable to walk, and actually makes "easier" to break up the defense.
2- Confusion breaks on the first hit the target receives. Of course, freeze is the same, but.
3- You can just pop a green potion, and you are free of the status, unless you are in a Chaos Panic AOE.
4? - Performer classes could already deal confusion on targets with their quest skills.

Good point should be at least equivalent yet not a 3rd job skill I'm sure with some thought and planning this could work.

#54 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

You're right, I was being sour because I though I'd finally have a WoE that wasn't event BS since I've been busy so far this year.. then the login server BS happens. Took it out on this guys dumb idea that "status effects should only effect classes nobody plays" because he hates getting frozen in pvp then says they should make every water-skill on 3rd classes cause a "new freeze effect" in the same post.

There is next to nothing wrong with how status effects are now. In fact a lot of players lobbied to have them REVERTED back to how they was pre-renewal. Nobody liked the "lets make status effects not even noticeable so the only thing we have to worry about is dealing damage in WoE. Oh and howling," it has been. It's not "fun" for characters that aren't Sura/RG/RK/Genetics when the whole thing just turns out to "who has the higher DPS"

As I said before, your mad because you are emotional to the topic, and lack the intellectual tools to deal with it.

Edited by GhostShadow, 04 February 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#55 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

"status effects should only effect classes nobody plays" because he hates getting frozen in pvp then says they should make every water-skill on 3rd classes cause a "new freeze effect" in the same post.

BTW how does your logic work exactly, if I'm saying make 3rd job water skills have a new freeze effect, then you say I hate getting froze in PVP. you contradict yourself.

There is next to nothing wrong with how status effects are now. In fact a lot of players lobbied to have them REVERTED back to how they was pre-renewal. Nobody liked the "lets make status effects not even noticeable so the only thing we have to worry about is dealing damage in WoE. Oh and howling," it has been. It's not "fun" for characters that aren't Sura/RG/RK/Genetics when the whole thing just turns out to "who has the higher DPS"

Since you like to compare apples to oranges lets put a little perspective to your ideology.
Band wagon appeal does not make something right(a lot of players lobbied)( and Nobody liked)
Compare this to China has a bigger population, does not make their opinion on human rights, more valid than the rest of the world.(your logic stinks and your points are negative.)

If the Idea is wrong it needs to be reworked, I'm not the only one saying this, you trying to force your flawed logic onto this topic, and your emo that I'm calling you on it, so you continue to spew juvenile insults.
Also I don't even address any 3rd job skills or effects in this thread that need to be reworked(unless it directly pertains to older skills status effects), because that's another ball of wax, priority of fixes should be on old content.

Edited by GhostShadow, 04 February 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#56 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

@Off topic: Why u triplez postszz alot!?

@topic: I WOULD RATHER..
have gravity remove the level range status immunity..

Like asayuu says, they got lots of benefits already..
More int = less freeze duration

More stats from leveling means a good int investent..
Having a below 150 fight a 150 .. it would be difficult to freeze the 150;
at the same time the duration of the freeze is bleak.

Expanded classes got stuck at 99 ..
Suoer Novices can no longer WOE like they used to Pre RE..

Psss..

#57 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Psss..

Lol nice, makes it easier to make a point and discuss topics piece by part. As host of the Thread I feel its up to me to make sure the thread stays on topic and has some response to people that take the time to give their valid input.

Edited by GhostShadow, 04 February 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#58 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

BTW how does your logic work exactly, if I'm saying make 3rd job water skills have a new freeze effect, then you say I hate getting froze in PVP. you contradict yourself.

Let me answer you with this

Before rebalance patch came in, one of the main things I liked was that we had varity in armors we could use for woe & pvp, why bring freeze back? It makes no sense.
It was annoying before renewal now it's just retarded.

You said it right there. In your thickly bad grammar you hate that freeze is back because now you default one armor and don't know how to armor switch.

Since you like to compare apples to oranges lets put a little perspective to your ideology.
Band wagon appeal does not make something right(a lot of players lobbied)( and Nobody liked)
Compare this to China has a bigger population, does not make their opinion on human rights, more valid than the rest of the world.(your logic stinks and your points are negative.)

Let me compare apples to oranges for you.
Say you have a drivers license. You drive your car, it works fine and it's nice. It can't just drive through heavy traffic but it gets you places. (status effect)
You finish a university course and become a doctor. (Becoming 3rd job)
It is now illegal for you to drive your nice car because your drivers license was from before you was a doctor, so now you have to take your entire drivers test AGAIN to be legally able to drive (what you are suggesting in this topic)

Understand now why you are being silly?

If the Idea is wrong it needs to be reworked, I'm not the only one saying this, you trying to force your flawed logic onto this topic, and your emo that I'm calling you on it, so you continue to spew juvenile insults.
Also I don't even address any 3rd job skills or effects in this thread that need to be reworked(unless it directly pertains to older skills status effects), because that's another ball of wax, priority of fixes should be on old content.

And that's why you suggested all water skills on 3rd jobs should inflict a "new" status effect of "deep freeze" you made specifically so the freeze from SG (which is already nerfed) Frost diver (which nobody would use) Frost joker (One of the only viable ways of inflict freeze in renewal) and Frost Nova (Nobody uses it that's why so many warlocks fail the job change quest) as well as from card effects (marina, Sasq, Haitii etc.) would become impotent in PvP/WoE.

Psss..

He triple posts because he doesn't know how to edit his topic and uses an excuse "It's easier to read" when it really, really does not. Proper paragraphing would make his replies perfectly readable. Unfortunately this is just what you have to expect of people trying to defend bad ideas and lack the means of proving them better than they are.

I agree with you though; level range messes with you because your ideal leveling is monsters 10 levels higher, it's harder to put status effects on them thus making status effects less useful for leveling.

Edited by Tirasu, 05 February 2012 - 04:34 AM.
tone down the language please.

#59 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Your mad because you do contradict yourself, nitpick grammar when punctuation on my editor is messed and always makes ??, cute but childish, you sound like your grasping at straws now, plain and simple I said have a new freeze and your trying to muddy that by taking things out of context. I guess I would too if I was made to look like a hypocrite like I obviously did to you, sorry if your mad, since you can't leave the topic to the people that discuss it with intent to make a specific point on topic.

#60 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Despite the multiple warnings that were given out, people continue to fling mud at each other instead of discussing civilly about the original topic at hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users