Idea Re: DDOS - Damage Control - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Idea Re: DDOS - Damage Control

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

My thoughts exactly

but i mainly level only during my ti ranges which happen to be this past week with the constant downed log ins. i don't need vip for certain weeks when it's not for my character and i got screwed over this week. so with that in mind, i'd argue two week's worth of free vip to make sure people get their ti ranges.

side note

what about the people who got screwed over from when their vip went poof cause of whatever game bug and they wasted a bm on a ti that didn't give 1.5 vip reward or let them choose all job or all base?
with that in mind, i'd argue we should have 2 weeks of bm being worth extra because people got gipped on that end too.

#27 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Actually since non VIP lose 3x as much and gain slower, they could be argued to be losing more playing time

yet they are not losing money witch would be why the ddos attacks are mostly only effecting those that paid. people who are just playing for free should not be complaining or demanding compensation.

#28 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

The only reason I pay VIP is for 2.0 woe , I dont even pay for for the 1.0s or heal , I just pay 700 WPE to warp to other realms lol..... I would like my 3 weeks back for the VIP it really is BS....

#29 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

yet they are not losing money witch would be why the ddos attacks are mostly only effecting those that paid. people who are just playing for free should not be complaining or demanding compensation.

People who don't VIP might use the cash shop too though so they might of contributed to the server... Whilst I agree they didn't lose anything every player is still being affected by this especially on YMir which requires you to VIP to make characters.

#30 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm all for this. The server issues are really cutting into my leveling time and it's something of a problem since weekends are when I get to play.

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

They definitely need to give you guys some form of compensation.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

bs, I use manuals sometimes when not vip.

#33 VocaloidP

VocaloidP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

+1 for the no death penalty

especially when I died more than ten times during a TI due to lags
causing TI exp to be eventually useless compared to the lost exp

#34 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'd love to get at least 1 more week of Lunar New Year Event, even with no exp reward it would great enough.
http://forums.warppo...rs-quest-timer/
I brought this up, but it was totally ignored and nothing was done.

#35 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Call me negatory, but I have a feeling they're just going to give a certs + upgrade event as compensation :angry:

Hmmm, speaking of TIs, maybe halve the TI killcount and cooldown (200 kills every 6h,) and give full VIP rate exp to everyone (the full VIP 400-kill rate, not halved?) Just a couple of random thoughts...

Edited by zakame, 05 February 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#36 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

Give bmX3 to accounts that have been active more than 10 hours in this week. just that.

#37 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Bio 2 TI with 2x exp would be dope.

#38 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

bs, I use manuals sometimes when not vip.

SO.... when the login server was down a random GM logged into your account and used your BMs? Damn Heimcorvusoda Y U ev2 do dat? :angry:

Unlike BMs VIP is constant - it doesn't matter if you are logged in or not and isn't an item that can be held in storage for indefinite amounts of time until it can be used.....

#39 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

24hour cool down on ET :3

#40 Aloria

Aloria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Actually since non VIP lose 3x as much and gain slower, they could be argued to be losing more playing time

It can also be argued that they aren't paying for the play time which is why....

Yeah but they aren't paying to not lose as much exp. If anything they should just give a week of vip to non vips and extend the vip accounts subscriptions by a week

I don't feel personally compensated when EVERYONE even those who have not paid to play are getting the same in return. Why should I even be paying then? When I can get the same as a free member....

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I don't think you understand, I'm holding off on paying VIP until the servers stop being bad. Because it's a waste of time and money.

But.... I lose so much when I die and exp is so slow.... should I just pay VIP to be compensated when I also pay for things in this game such as BMs that lose time because I'm not instantly DCing, but timing out, and the 3% exp that I have to regain on that same BM that is wasted due to the death due to the timing out?

So yes, I am losing more. Because I just have to wait till the servers stop being crappy and then regain all that lost exp using up more of the VIP time than planned.

It's idiotic to say that free players aren't affected. They're just hit a little harder. You pay for it not to bother you as much. That's fine too. But they're losing more time, so it's only fair to speed things up a little temporarily.

For what it's worth, I'm almost always VIP, so take your holier than thou cause I pay attitude and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

It's one thing to tell free players they're stupid when they want the same as a VIP all the time, it's another to deny them losing any game time when clearly they are and may just be like me and not wanting to pay until it blows over.

#42 Maknificent

Maknificent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I totally agree with Xellie...also, you should leave the current TIs in since some(not all) weren't able to complete then since they couldn't log in or lagged to death or got kicked from game :angry:. Next week TIs should incorporate all level groups imo. I would say increase spawn on all maps, but I doubt it could be handled

#43 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

If u feel u wasted your money this week, +1 for extended VIP status please.....

#44 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

i don't mind non-vip's getting free vip, the whole point is that everyone is loosing out if they can't play dosn't matter if you pay or not because we can't play. i definatly think that we need no death penalty right now because i've lagged to death way too many times because of all of this.

#45 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Please make the death penalty tripled so the noobs will stop charging in like an idiot.
Im getting sick partying on where everyone wants to be hero. Blue gems for ressing you are not growing out from my butt you know.

#46 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Please make the death penalty tripled so the noobs will stop charging in like an idiot.
Im getting sick partying on where everyone wants to be hero. Blue gems for ressing you are not growing out from my butt you know.

you can always leave them laying there dead like i do. they will learn after you do that usually only takes one or two times.

#47 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't think you understand, I'm holding off on paying VIP until the servers stop being bad. Because it's a waste of time and money.

But.... I lose so much when I die and exp is so slow.... should I just pay VIP to be compensated when I also pay for things in this game such as BMs that lose time because I'm not instantly DCing, but timing out, and the 3% exp that I have to regain on that same BM that is wasted due to the death due to the timing out?

So yes, I am losing more. Because I just have to wait till the servers stop being crappy and then regain all that lost exp using up more of the VIP time than planned.

Yes you should have to pay for the VIP to get VIP compensation, does Blizzard compensate unactive accounts when there servers have issues? I would laugh at the outcry that would cause. you are not losing a service in witch you paid for the BM's can be bought with zeny for one and if anything at all find the logs that show a player spending KP on them during the servers being messed up and refund the KP other then that people without VIP shouldn't get it. why would I pay for something when everyone will end up getting it regardless of them paying or not?

#48 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

this vip vs. non-vip argument seems so stupid. every1 playing the game contributes to the server in some form. Xellie actually makes a lot of sense coz he wants some sort of compensation for every player. i like this selfless attitude, i support xellie

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yes you should have to pay for the VIP to get VIP compensation, does Blizzard compensate unactive accounts when there servers have issues? I would laugh at the outcry that would cause. you are not losing a service in witch you paid for the BM's can be bought with zeny for one and if anything at all find the logs that show a player spending KP on them during the servers being messed up and refund the KP other then that people without VIP shouldn't get it. why would I pay for something when everyone will end up getting it regardless of them paying or not?

So should I pay for my VIP now, uncertain as to whether or not the time that I will probably lose on it will be compensated?

Like I said, both types of players are losing something, non VIP loses 3x the play time, and yet they don't deserve compensation either?

I kinda wish Gravity would compensate me for the braincells I lost reading your post. Good god.

#50 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Gold...Dragon...Helms..........
i'm running out of time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users