I've been out of the loop for awhile but... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I've been out of the loop for awhile but...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

What's this I'm hearing about safe +10 upgrades now, sounds fake unless someone can confirm some gimmick to it. Past that I hear we've had some skill rebalancing, any build help for a Sura would be appreciated :3

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

What's this I'm hearing about safe +10 upgrades now, sounds fake unless someone can confirm some gimmick to it. Past that I hear we've had some skill rebalancing, any build help for a Sura would be appreciated :3

+4 is safe, then use 3 (best case scenario) +7 Safe Certificates with an Elu/Ori. It can fail but it won't break the item or degrade it. Then when and if Enriched Hammer NPC is in the game you can use Enriched Elu/Ori from Kafra shop to get to +9 if you stay in the dialog and have enough ores, if it fails it degrades by one all the way back to +3 and will kick you out of the dialog upon reaching +9. Then you can use HD Elu/Ori to attempt a +10 with Mighty Hammer. If it fails and degrades to +8, repeat the process with Enriched Hammer until +9 again and try with Mighty Hammer again. Presto +10 eventually. Then you can use HD Bradium/Carnium to go for +11 and beyond, if it fails it degrades. The normal Bradium/Carnium I believe degrades by 3 but you don't got back below 10.

#3 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the info, sounds pretty involved but still leaps and bounds better than losing your gear outright.

#4 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Is $100 really better than losing your gear?

Edited by Gantrithor, 07 February 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#5 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

If you had mora equipment with just the right enchantment yes

for others its a way to save zeny

#6 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

to gravity it is to bill gates maybe but not 99% of people

#7 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Cash constraints aside, any recommendations on good Sura builds now? From what I hear it seems like agi types have taken a lead over vit types since the recent skill balance changes. Currently my Champ to be Sura is an agi type, if it's better to continue that path then I'd appreciate some guidance as my original plan was to reset him into a vit build after getting lightning ride as a Sura.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

I forgot to add, that the Mighty Hammer and Enriched Hammer cost more in zeny per upgrade.

#9 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

trying to upgrade on +10 and over items also burns a hole in your zeny wallet

Edited by Cubical, 07 February 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

trying to upgrade on +10 and over items also burns a hole in your zeny wallet

And your real wallet :P

#11 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Keep focusing on AGI build, try getting some HP/SP recovery/increasing gears and get as your "spammable" skill Sky Blow.
(un)Balance Patch made Lightning Ride a bad skill now. Keep using your combos for 1 on 1 fights, though, as Sky Blow knocks back the foe.
Keep in mine that Sky Blow is not very effective in PVP. I hope I could help a bit.

#12 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

If you don't want to spend real money, then go mvp hunt then buy wpe using zeny. It's more challenging and hardcore RO though.

#13 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Keep focusing on AGI build, try getting some HP/SP recovery/increasing gears and get as your "spammable" skill Sky Blow.
(un)Balance Patch made Lightning Ride a bad skill now. Keep using your combos for 1 on 1 fights, though, as Sky Blow knocks back the foe.
Keep in mine that Sky Blow is not very effective in PVP. I hope I could help a bit.

Thanks for the head's up. Would the Twin Dragons combo be worth pursuing as well, or just stick to the staple Raging set? I had some decent gear before I left but I didn't get high enough level to invest in a Carga mace, not sure if that's still the standard weapon for Suras a this point either. PvP could be fun but it seems like it's the domain of people that just stack multiple god items at this point, (*plays Ymir*) so I'm not sure if it's something worth pursuing or not anymore D:

#14 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

From what I've seen, not that I've necessarily played it, you'll want to stick with using AoEs when possible. I don't see why you wouldn't just Sky Blow twice instead of trying to combo. Killing monsters one-by-one is not a good way to level.

Pretty sure double mali carga is still the best 'conservative' thing to level with, obviously a damage carded one will deal more damage, but you'll be paying out more for pots.

#15 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

From what I've seen, not that I've necessarily played it, you'll want to stick with using AoEs when possible. I don't see why you wouldn't just Sky Blow twice instead of trying to combo. Killing monsters one-by-one is not a good way to level.

Pretty sure double mali carga is still the best 'conservative' thing to level with, obviously a damage carded one will deal more damage, but you'll be paying out more for pots.

I've been using double snowier cards to help with the HP regeneration bit, though hunter fly seems to be the way to go as mobbing it up stands I think. I just wasn't sure how efficient an option mobbing is at this point with Lightning Ride out of commission and sticking to an agi build could get me killed fast because of that flee reduction D:

#16 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

^ tht and if u can get a rideword hat,get it.

#17 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

It's exactly what she said. I meant that you stick to your champion combos only when fighting one monster.
Other than that, you spam Lightning Ride. I can provide you a skill simulation of what use (and plan to get) if you want.
And as Heart said, a Rideword Hat would be very nice. As I can't afford one, I'm using my +7 St. Patrick Hat (clean), it works almost the same way.
It's ugly and all, but it's very nice. As for Carga Mace, I'm borrowing a friend's one with 2 injustice cards.
But I plan to get a Carga Mace with 1 Hunter Fly Card and 1 Fur Seal Card, as I'm using the monk card set.
(Waste Stove, Fur Seal, Rideword (Card) and Cookie)
Also Variant Shoes would be very great for you.
As you play in Ymir, I can't give much tips on leveling places, but when spamming Sky Blow, if you are fighting monsters that deal a lot of damage,
Move away from them as you attack. If you are fighting in a tight place, push them against a wall. You might want to take a look at this:
http://forums.warppo...uras-aoe-skills
*The skill sim. posted there isn't the one I'm using atm.

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

2 Injustice Cards? Did you mean a different kind of card... I hope?

#19 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

2 Injustice Cards? Did you mean a different kind of card... I hope?

Nope, I mean Injustice Cards, the one that autocasts Sonic Blow.
But as I said it's just temporary until I get my clean one to put the cards I mentioned (Fur Seal and Hunter Fly, I'm hunting it)
Just the damage from this Mace with injustice cards at +5 is great enough to hunt and grind on anolians. Otherwise I'd be using my Eden Mace. ^_^

#20 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah... whoever made that knows the cards don't stack, right? And it also interrupts your attacks.

#21 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'll have to look into getting Sky Net Blow, prior to the Lightning Ride nerf people made it sound like the only reason they used it was as an AoE skill to hold them over til they got Lightning Ride. If it's worth using of its own merit now then that's good to hear at least.

Past that I'm still trying to think of what skills to aim for on the rest of the build. Gate of Hell seems nice but it's prerequisite heavy, and I wasn't sure if the new Dragon Combo chain's damage potential or flexibility was worth it either.

I do have Variant Shoes to work with, but I don't have a Rideword hat unfortunately, been using the Morpheus set for additional SP. Past that just using a hold over mace til he's high enough level to even use a Carga, and I'll have to see what cards I'll aim for when that time comes.

#22 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yeah... whoever made that knows the cards don't stack, right? And it also interrupts your attacks.

It does interrupt my movement when it autocasts, but if I use earth shaker, I can rapidly use Sky Blow and it's as if I'm not frozen. :blink:
Just requires some tricking. But I didn't know cards don't stack. It'll tell the owner about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users