15 Well-Baked Cookies
20 Piece of Cake
10 Steel

Peice of Cake
Slow method= Myst Cases:
PRO= Easy and low level requirement
CON= Large Map tricky terrain mid/low drop chance

Fast Method= Baba Yaba
PRO= High/mid drop chance (about 70% with the spotlight) Simple Map pretty mobby
CON= You probably need to be around 100 or higher to effectivly farm em, You need to do the quest to access the dungeon to get there

Candy Canes / Candy / Well-Baked Cookies
This is the fun part

you need the following
Gozer Mask
Witches Pumpkin Hat

Char with good deffense, or a char with some form of reflect damage
A means to heal yourself
-Heal Ability
-Healer supporting you
-Healing Clip
-Pots
-Auto Heal Gear (Muscpilar sheild, or loli Ruri armor)
A map with big agressive mobs you can gather or mobs that you can kill in mass quicky that wont do much damage to you
Zombie Orcs, Ant Eggs, Orcs/Orc Lady

this is what you do..
if you dont have reflect damage, Remove your weapon and gather a decent mob
start punching he mob untill you see BLOOD PARTY!!!!!!!!! or sit there and let the reflect damage proc the buff
when that procs you havejust under 5 seconds to make use of the buff.. anything you kill in that time after you see the buff will guarantee nearly 100% drop 1 of each Baked good!!

i farmed about 50 of each in orc dungeon in under 30 min

Posted Image

Edited by Helios0, 09 February 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Just to assist your posting:

Genetic's skill Change Material can make 10 steel from an NPC sold Tsurugi [1] weapon.

Genetic Skill Change Material

Tsurugi [1] (NPCs that sell this are listed on the right)

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

And now you are pro!

#4 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

And now you are pro!

help us become pro by allowing us to +8 easier derp derp

#5 advoe

advoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Can the Cake Hat break while upgrading it like normal equipment?

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Can the Cake Hat break while upgrading it like normal equipment?

Yes

#7 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well I'm done trying to upgrade those stupid hats, just broke my 10th using Enriched eluniums. Shouldn't have made it so you can't do the quest at all if you dont make a +8 hat, it's a very stupid design. Making the costume a % drop from the quest reward would have been ok. Hopefully the kRO quest isn't crazy like this.

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm sure everyone has those items. Looks more like bragging tbh.

#9 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Each instance of damage reflection and magical damage also proc the Bloody Party message~ This makes using things like valk mant or vFW mobbing good ways to farm the snack-foodstuffs.

The +8 thing really does suck, both on its own and by necessitating collection of crazy quantities of all associated materials (steel, candy, candy canes, well-baked cookies, pieces of cake, AND eluniums/enriched elu/god forbid HD elu). The people who really... REALLY wanted the hat (myself included) worked like mad for it and mostly got it (made 3 x_X ), but the big investment on time and/or zeny and/or real money makes it seem out of reach to any remotely new players...

#10 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Each instance of damage reflection and magical damage also proc the Bloody Party message~ This makes using things like valk mant or vFW mobbing good ways to farm the snack-foodstuffs.

The +8 thing really does suck, both on its own and by necessitating collection of crazy quantities of all associated materials (steel, candy, candy canes, well-baked cookies, pieces of cake, AND eluniums/enriched elu/god forbid HD elu). The people who really... REALLY wanted the hat (myself included) worked like mad for it and mostly got it (made 3 x_X ), but the big investment on time and/or zeny and/or real money makes it seem out of reach to any remotely new players...

o_O i was not aware of that thank you!

#11 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Even with the pro farming of items the 25 cake trade in shoulda been like the dragon one where it won't break the hat but the success rate is normal (super sucky at best :P) You can potentially go through hundreds or even thousands of cakes/sweets making a +8 one as it is.

But I may just stop doing the quest at one +8 and go find something else to do. As much as I want free 60 sp and some easy items/exp afterward, I don't see the effort worth the outcome in the end. :blink:

Edited by Skotios, 09 February 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#12 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

you guys are so silly sometimes

Posted Image

#13 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

This quest generates a lot of whining, but I guess this time it's somewhat understandable. My thought about this:

At first, people are already spoiled on iRO for a long time, getting everything cheap or super easy. They got used to the nearly constant existence of Enriched Hammer too. Now they see how upgrading actually works, even though they still have access to safe certs (god forbid using them for this crappy hat!). The Cake Hat is a great way to make them get used to how upgrading was before and should still be, as it is kind of easy to create in a larger amount, just see the previous posts here. Yea, items break, yea it's annoying, etcetc.

On the other hand, I think it's not that fun if +8 upgrading is kind of a requirement for an event quest to finish, especially knowing that the reward doesn't even remotely worth the effort/time/zeny/KP put in it. In a general case people can decide if they want to upgrade an item considering they have a chance to lose it, or they don't want to. But in the case of an item required for a quest..... :blink:

Nevertheless, just for a heads up to those who are addicted to quests, but don't have the time / don't want / can't afford to make the costume hat: this is still an MMO, find a friend who already has the hat, and ask him/her to hunt for the stolen cacao for you. Or buy them from vendors, they'll soon sell. I guess then you can turn them in, leaving out the entire hat thing from the story. Haven't tried yet, but i think it works. :P

#14 Sephiroth301

Sephiroth301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

lmfao so 90 mil for that hat that gets you .5 mil exp or .75mil exp vip and the ability to make gurana candy for 7 days O_O and if ur a sura an extra /slur

#15 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

lmfao so 90 mil for that hat that gets you .5 mil exp or .75mil exp vip and the ability to make gurana candy for 7 days O_O and if ur a sura an extra /slur

That's it? The quest only gives the ability to make guarana candy? :blink:, I already did the guarana candy quest in Brasilis it's just 4k per candy if that's the major price for this then I'm stopping right here. Already broke 10 hats with enriched ores.

#16 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

Nevertheless, just for a heads up to those who are addicted to quests, but don't have the time / don't want / can't afford to make the costume hat: this is still an MMO, find a friend who already has the hat, and ask him/her to hunt for the stolen cacao for you. Or buy them from vendors, they'll soon sell. I guess then you can turn them in, leaving out the entire hat thing from the story. Haven't tried yet, but i think it works. :blink:

I don't know if the stolen cacao was made tradeable, but you're right. Basically you only need the cacao to complete the quest. If the cacao is accound bound though, you'll still need the hat once each account.
I also don't like this requirement, but at least the Costume Hat is at least somewhat usefull with giving more SP - and maybe that's the reason why you have an +8 upgraded hat for it, SINCE it gives SP.
You can argue if it wouldn't been nicer to leave the effect out of the costumes and as such making the costume easier to acquire though, that's another topic... :/

#17 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes it's tradable, droppable, i tested it last night. And meh for costume items with effects... ><

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

The Quest is really great Rutana but the implementation sucks. We can't do anything about it now that it is said and done.

#19 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

GM's please bring in the highly demanded and beloved Backpack as a custom :blink:?
We al would like to throw our money at you in order to get that beloved Custom Backpack. We all love Greed (The skill of course :P) <3

#20 Uyraies

Uyraies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDC/Metro Area
  • Server:Ymir, Yggdrasil, Valkyrie

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

GM's please bring in the highly demanded and beloved Backpack as a custom :blink:?
We al would like to throw our money at you in order to get that beloved Custom Backpack. We all love Greed (The skill of course :P) <3

Sweet Jesus, yes please.

On another note, why is the level requirement for the V-Day quest 45, anyway?

#21 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Bot Protection.
At least Novi-Bot-Protection... The level requirement also comes from the first quest script where you had to hunt special yoyo's - so it could've been easily abused by low-level bots.
The Bot problem is kinda solved with the headgear though XD

#22 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Bot Protection.
At least Novi-Bot-Protection... The level requirement also comes from the first quest script where you had to hunt special yoyo's - so it could've been easily abused by low-level bots.
The Bot problem is kinda solved with the headgear though XD

Well not really, odds of upgrading a +8 hat with normal elu are 2%, I think it encourage botting because there's not that many people willing to farm 50+ cake hats.

#23 Sephiroth301

Sephiroth301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

That's it? The quest only gives the ability to make guarana candy? :blink:, I already did the guarana candy quest in Brasilis it's just 4k per candy if that's the major price for this then I'm stopping right here. Already broke 10 hats with enriched ores.

you trade in the cocao in for

1 for Well Baked Cookie

2 for Chocolate

5 for piece of cake

10 for Chocolate drink, Hand-made Chocolate, Handmade White Chocolate or Cookie Bag

15 for Chocolate mousse cake, cute strawberry choco or lovely choco tart

20 for guarana candy or Rune Strawberry Cake

so... yea...

#24 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

As much as I want one, the Backpack is pretty broken unless they change the effects to kick in at +12 or something.

#25 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

yea cake making is easy

now if only we didnt have to either hunt cake hats for days for a gamble chance or spend a high portion of kafra points on a gamble chance
to be able to get a +8, just that we can participate in the quest.

that would be nice too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users