30 people logged onto same IP - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

30 people logged onto same IP

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

I have no idea what this is...

#2 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

they must of wrote a new error box when you try to login with the same IP, looks like the login rejects it if theres more then 30

when i set up my router downstairs, i plugged in separate IP addresses for every smart phone, tablet, TV, laptop and gaming console in my house. So from a range from like, 1 to 100 i set up individual IPs for all these devices so none share the same IP when they get onto the network.

Why don't you try getting on your router[if you have one] and set your IP address to a different number. The last 3 numbers are the only ones i've changed on my network. Anything from 1-100. Just make sure you're not using the same IP you used when this error occured.

Edited by Cubical, 10 February 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#3 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

they must of wrote a new error box when you try to login with the same IP, looks like the login rejects it if theres more then 30

when i set up my router downstairs, i plugged in separate IP addresses for every smart phone, tablet, TV, laptop and gaming console in my house. So from a range from like, 1 to 100 i set up individual IPs for all these devices so none share the same IP when they get onto the network.

Why don't you try getting on your router[if you have one] and set your IP address to a different number. The last 3 numbers are the only ones i've changed on my network. Anything from 1-100. Just make sure you're not using the same IP you used when this error occured.

Its not just me though...a friend of mine, who has access to this account, tried to log in as well and she couldnt either.

#4 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Unless you are paying for more than 1 line (a block of IP for home hosting for example), all of those gadgets you've mention are sharing the same IP address. Those 'addresses' assigned by dhcp are not external IP addresses. It's like lan (as in lan party?) vs wan!

#5 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Anti bott system.

Glad to see you are back.

It's mostlikely how they are mitigating the damage from DDoS attacks.

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'd say ticket in, include your IP and have your friend write in as well.

#7 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

wouldn't all computers from an internet cafe have the same IP?

IP is allocated to the modem by the ISP
example

Depending ont he service the Modem creates a subnet mask
example: 255.255.255.X

x= unique PC's on the network
example: 255.255.255.1, 255.255.255,2, 255, 255, 255.3

The Outside ISP only sees the IP that they gave (200.50.150.70
the Router/modem sorts out subnet masks

kind of like apartments in the same structure
if the Address of an structure is 555 Stoner St.
and there are 2 apartments in that structure
their addresses are

555 stoner st Apt#A
555 stoner st Apt#B

been a while since i looked into this stuff so im probably wrong on a lot of things.. but nowadays theres both kinds of services.. the kind that have 1 location share the IP and have the hardware sort out the data.. and the kind where each workstation has a unique IP
Maybe where this person got the error theres a lot of computers connected?

just a thought

#8 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Internal IP =/= External IP.

Edited by razirazo, 10 February 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#9 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I didn't get that message, but does anyone know if the servers are down? i havent been able to login i just got back from Piano practice

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

wouldn't all computers from an internet cafe have the same IP?

IP is allocated to the modem by the ISP
example

Depending ont he service the Modem creates a subnet mask
example: 255.255.255.X

x= unique PC's on the network
example: 255.255.255.1, 255.255.255,2, 255, 255, 255.3

The Outside ISP only sees the IP that they gave (200.50.150.70
the Router/modem sorts out subnet masks

This is correct - unless they get multiple IP addresses from their ISP (which, of course, some places do - In college, every computer had an externally visible IP address, and at some workplaces the same is true).
This isn't related to the issue at hand though:

Have you ever seen an internet cafe with more than 30 people in it using the internet?*

Have you ever seen an internet cafe with anyone else playing RO?

Have you ever seen an internet cafe with more than 30 people in it ALL PLAYING RO AT THE SAME TIME?

*I've seen a starbucks - larger than 2 bars put together, a real waste of real estate - with 20-25 people on at once. That's the most I've seen.

The idea that an internet cafe would hit this is laughable.

#11 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Have you ever seen an internet cafe with more than 30 people in it ALL PLAYING RO AT THE SAME TIME?

We used to have this phenomenon back in 2004 era.
Whole 40 PC cafe with everyone playing RO.

#12 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

We used to have this phenomenon back in 2004 era.
Whole 40 PC cafe with everyone playing RO.

Posted Image

#13 MetalFox

MetalFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

I google'd the error message and this is what the cause of it was on the pRO servers.

"If you get the message, "For an hour, more than 30 players having same IP address, have connected to the game. Please check this matter. (101)," it means that you have exceeded the allowed number of log-in attempts for a set period of time. Your access will be restored after the next maintenance day. More info on this prompt here."

http://forums.levelu...rors-post-here/

Edited by MetalFox, 11 February 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#14 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Is anyone in here that got that error using lowerping? If so try not using it and see if it goes away and report your findings please.

#15 MetalFox

MetalFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

I've tryed it with and without it seems it has nothing to do with the ip that is currently being used to try and log in with, it seems that the account has been flagged for whatever reason and is being given the message no matter who access's it. My other accounts are working fine on the exact same ip adress.

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Oh well just a hunch with some new info I got. Carry on.

#17 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Well this sucks...now i cant use that character for woe and im pissed now.

#18 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

This might happen if you're in a dorm or on a University address. In a lot of cases, a dorm/university will have a single external IP for all external connections from their network. I ran into this at my school, where my Megavideo Quota would be shared by everyone on the network.

If you're not on a public network, but have access to your router, you might be able to work around it. Some ISPs let you change your IP address. If you have access to your router information, change the mac address on your router, then reboot both the router and modem. You should be assigned a new IP.

#19 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

This might happen if you're in a dorm or on a University address. In a lot of cases, a dorm/university will have a single external IP for all external connections from their network. I ran into this at my school, where my Megavideo Quota would be shared by everyone on the network.

If you're not on a public network, but have access to your router, you might be able to work around it. Some ISPs let you change your IP address. If you have access to your router information, change the mac address on your router, then reboot both the router and modem. You should be assigned a new IP.

Im in my own house...Also if that was the case then others with different IP's should be able to log into the account, no? Not a single person can log into that account as of right now. Ive been told that the tech team hasnt seen anything like this and that my IP is NOT on the ban list right now. So not even they know what is going on atm...which means im screwed as of now. :unsure:

#20 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm having the same issue. I am able to log into all my other accounts but that specific account has that message. I have a friend that uses it and he told me about the message. He also uses WTFast service, is there a possible relationship?

#21 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

So they've officially banned all college students from RO. (Dorm buildings of several hundred students are a single IP). That's a great way to greatly reduce your player count. The bots, meanwhile, will just proxy to change IP.

Edit: Bonus points for banning WTFast users while simultaneously advertising the service on your site.

Edited by Mwrip, 11 February 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#22 MikeyM3

MikeyM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

I didn't even think it was possible to have 30 students in the same university dorm playing RO. =P I'd think there were like 30 people playing from the same state, thus making the average of 2k-3k players....

i just get failed to connect to server.

#23 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

So does this mean you can only log in a certain number of times per hour per account?

#24 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Im not in a dorm, my IP isn't blocked because I can use other accounts just fine. Just that one account, I changed my password like the ticket suggested and it still says "More than 30 Players sharing the same IP have logged into the game for an hour. Please check this matter (101)"

#25 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Im not in a dorm, my IP isn't blocked because I can use other accounts just fine. Just that one account, I changed my password like the ticket suggested and it still says "More than 30 Players sharing the same IP have logged into the game for an hour. Please check this matter (101)"

Same here...i think it will go away once maint comes around on tues. But till then you cant even use it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users