#1 Laurileth

Laurileth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

This has probably already been suggested before, but here's another variation on the Costume Converter idea.

My friend and I were talking the other day about how we were disappointed when costumes were first implemented that we couldn't just equip any existing headgear into the costume slots and just have them not give any stats while covering up the regular headgear's appearance. It seems like the iRO team has to actually make a separate item for each new costume? So I guess the suggestion of an NPC that takes existing in-game headgear and gives costume versions of them (with no stats and weighs zero but has the same appearance and takes up the same positions of head slots in the costume tab) in exchange isn't as easy as it sounds, but maybe there could be an ongoing event with polls on the forums for people to vote on which headgear they would like to have added to the NPC each week/month/other period of time. My friend suggested having the cost be the existing headgear plus a number of reset stones that depends on the rarity of the headgear, since reset stones seem to be serving as a currency that non-VIPs can use to get VIP benefits w/o needing to buy WPE.

For example:
Class C item: Angry Snarl + 1 Reset Stone = Costume Angry Snarl
Class B item: Angel Wing + 2 Reset Stones = Costume Angel Wing
Class A item: Sphinx Hat + 3 Reset Stones = Costume Sphinx Hat
Class S item: Sun God Helm + 5 Reset Stones = Costume Sun God Helm

I don't know what kind of cost would be considered reasonable, but please, please, PLEASE no more of this horrible +8 a regular headgear to exchange it for the costume version T_T The Gold Dragonhelm event was ok since Draco doesn't break it on failure and even if you don't succeed in +8 by the end of the event the copper/silver helms are a consolation, but I have wasted so much cake and elu on the Valentine's event and STILL have absolutely NOTHING to show for it because they all broke. =( First I used up all the cake and other ingredients that I had saved up in my storage over the years, then I got impatient after hunting Baba Yagas for cake in Moscovia and started to use enriched elu but NONE of the cake hats made it to +8. Now I wish I had just sold all my cake to other players to make the zeny to buy the stolen cacao from the lucky few who DO have the costume. ~_~ I'm really disappointed by the Valentine's event (part 1) and while we're at it, I'd like to say that I agree with the other people who are against Costumes having stats. I was led to believe the purpose of costumes was to be able to wear something that would give you the look you want to cover up the ugly headgear that does have good stats.

Oh and one last idea for a future Kafra Shop Costume Box: Unequipped-look costumes. A box containing a set of three costumes (upper, middle, and lower) that make your character look like nothing is equipped in the corresponding headgear slot. I'm not really sure how many people would buy that besides my friend, but it seems like there are always people in MMORPGs who want to have characters that look like they're walking around naked :unsure:

#2 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

ooh i want a coffee mug hat!!!

Edited by Niji, 11 February 2012 - 10:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users