Patching Problems - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Patching Problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mizunosaki

mizunosaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm a returning player and I want to check on my characters after neglecting them for 2 years or so. I downloaded the latest client from the main site and installed it (after uninstalling the old client), but whenever I run it it keeps failing to patch at different files. Sometimes it fails at 2011-12-13data_gm2.gpf, sometimes at 2011-5-5data_gm.gpf... you get the idea.

I tried following the instructions I found here (turning off firewall, opening the .exe instead of using shortcuts, deleting patch.txt so it repatch, etc) but nothing has been working.

Can anyone help me please? I miss this game. Thanks

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Unfortunately, the cause of this problem is unknown. Try the following:

• Temporarily disable any firewall and anti-malware software while updating the client.
  • Initialise Internet Explorer's configuration by downloading any file from the update server using it (the updater uses Internet Explorer to download updates). You can discard the file after downloading it.
  • Reset your Internet Explorer configuration. (Create a backup of your configuration before trying this.)
  • Scan for and remove any malware from your computer using anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
  • Upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Edited by Axylus, 03 August 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

I don't know the cause of this problem, but it's gotten a lot worse lately. I can't patch a fresh cient either.

If you have any friends who play, you can just copy the RO folder between computers, and it works (unlike just about any other modern program).

#4 Lorderagon

Lorderagon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Have you tried running the Ragnarok.exe in administrator mode?.

#5 tsubasa7

tsubasa7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Unfortunately, the cause of this problem is unknown. Try the following:

• Initialise Internet Explorer's configuration by downloading any file from the update server using it (the updater

Is there a way to manually update RO by downloading the parts of the patch you need?
Don't those files go into that huge file in the RO dir, I think with a .grf extension?

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Is there a way to manually update RO by downloading the parts of the patch you need?
Don't those files go into that huge file in the RO dir, I think with a .grf extension?

You can manually download updates from the FTP server into your client folder, but the updater won't even attempt to install them unless it can connect to both the HTTP server (which hosts the update index) and the FTP server (which hosts the updates themselves). If you attempt this, then you should keep a copy of any updates you download outside of the client folder because the updater deletes updates that it fails to install.

Updating the client using third-party software would violate Gravity's terms of service.

Is your Internet Explorer installation working? Can you access Gravity's FTP server and the IRO update index in Internet Explorer?

Edited by richard, 29 April 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#7 tsubasa7

tsubasa7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

You can manually download updates from the FTP server into your client folder, but the updater won't even attempt to install them unless it can connect to both the HTTP server (which hosts the update index) and the FTP server (which hosts the updates themselves). If you attempt this, then you should keep a copy of any updates you download outside of the client folder because the updater deletes updates that it fails to install.

Updating the client using third-party software would violate Gravity's terms of service.

Is your Internet Explorer installation working? Can you access Gravity's FTP server and the IRO update index in Internet Explorer?

Looking in my patch2.txt file and comparing it to the one you list, I noticed it seems I am indeed missing only the last maintenance patch:

2015 2012-4-23data_gm.gpf
2016 2012-4-23data_gm2.gpf

I was able to access the FTP server site on IE before, but now suddenly I can't and get a 403 Forbidden error.

Update1: I was able to access the FTP site on IE again.

Update2: My problem is now finally fixed!! The other thread you were helping me with where only my Priestess couldn't log in anymore.
All I did was DL the patch2.txt file that you had in your post and copy it over my old patch2.txt in the RO folder. After that I ran patcher as admin, and the patcher FINALLY started to DL the last maintenance update this time. Once the update was DLed, I was able to log into my priestess again.

So it turns out it was only a matter of for some reason my pacth2.txt/update index file did not get updated.

Thanks for your help Richard

Edited by tsubasa7, 29 April 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#8 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Looking in my patch2.txt file and comparing it to the one you list, I noticed it seems I am indeed missing only the last maintenance patch:

2015 2012-4-23data_gm.gpf
2016 2012-4-23data_gm2.gpf

I was able to access the FTP server site on IE before, but now suddenly I can't and get a 403 Forbidden error.

Update1: I was able to access the FTP site on IE again.

Update2: My problem is now finally fixed!! The other thread you were helping me with where only my Priestess couldn't log in anymore.
All I did was DL the patch2.txt file that you had in your post and copy it over my old patch2.txt in the RO folder. After that I ran patcher as admin, and the patcher FINALLY started to DL the last maintenance update this time. Once the update was DLed, I was able to log into my priestess again.

So it turns out it was only a matter of for some reason my pacth2.txt/update index file did not get updated.

Thanks for your help Richard

I wouldn't have expected that work! :blink: Gravity's software certainly behaves very strangely.

I'm glad your problem is solved. :D

#9 chamod

chamod

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

my patching stops at 2012-5-15
it loads till 20480/29980
i tried re-installing the game....patching again and again
is there any way that i can come over this problem???
thank you!!!

#10 chamod

chamod

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

what is actually run the patcher as admin??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users