So, about homunculi - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So, about homunculi

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

What is the deal with homunculi? I haven't been playing since before the balance patch and episode 14.1 and all of a sudden my vanilmirth, which I created in renewal, seems awfully weak at lv 96

I'm wondering if I should re-roll it using the new homun resetter, or just keep going?

For anyone experienced with homuns, the stats are:

Atk 123
Matk 350
Hit 368
Crit 42
Def 354
Mdef 240
Flee 220
Aspd 173

Is this worth keeping? Or should I try for something else like an Amstir maybe? I eventually want a dieter, or any homun S who is good at drawing mobs in PVE and holding them while I Cart Cannon.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 15 February 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

If you created it after renewal, it has the new stats. The fix is for people who created/evolved their homun pre-renewal.

#3 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

^ so people who had the homu before renewal do not need to do this?

also

hmmm after reading this whole thread with all the warlock/comet hack talk... im left pondering two things:

1. "Huh?" - in regards to the whole Homunculus thing. What are the advantages of 'deleting' your homu this way? Besides only loyalty being cracked up? I'd be pretty happy if my homu's skills would be ENABLED again instead of disabled. And why do we need to re-level our homus? Why should we delete our level 1XX homu... will it fix the flee bug that current homu's have? The whole thing seems a bit vague to me. Could you please elaborate more on this whole delete your humo thing?

2. "......." - When are the disabled skills for our homunculii S, be enabled again?

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 15 February 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#4 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

a little while back they did the balance patch, during that process they seemed to alter a lot of the monsters. My Filir used to solo magmarings at lvl 75 and after the balance my 99 filir couldnt even kill one magmaring solo. Not sure why they buffed all the monsters and not homunculus.

roman

#5 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm not sure if it was intended for only those who made homunculus pre-renewal, I don't think my filir was suppose to have Mental Change...

#6 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

If we use the resetter on a pre-renewal evolved homun, are we going to have to go buy another Stone of Sage?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer is "yes you have to buy one" in the maint thread.

Edited by AhinaReyoh, 15 February 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

TheQuietStorm:

1) The advantage of deleting your homun this way is that you'll get your new homun insta-loyaled. Loyaling manually takes close to 200 hours, plus another 200 hours to loyal it a second time in order to get the loyalty skill - this is much longer than it would take to 99 the homun. The reason you would do this at all is if you made your homun prior to the Renewal update - the stats of homuns (particularly HP/SP - difference on a 99 vani is ~3k hp and 600sp after evolution) were much lower pre-renewal than they are now - and wanted to remake it with post-renewal stats. It also lets you get rid of inappropriate loyalty skills if you care about that, and lets you switch to a different kind of homun if you want to do so in light of the changes to the homun system.

2) No, you really don't want the skills enabled, because as soon as you used them, the map server would crash, and your char would be inaccessible until a GM rebooted the mapserver. They will be enabled as soon as they won't crash the server.

If we use the resetter on a pre-renewal evolved homun, are we going to have to go buy another Stone of Sage?

Yes - And new embryos. Neither of those should be more than pocket change for someone with a high level homun.

Roman - yes, monsters were buffed. The core of the problem with homuns having poor survivability is the known issue with homun flee being calculated using the wrong formula.

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 February 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#8 ForTheCity

ForTheCity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

whenever i hear homunculus i think of full metal alchemist.

#9 pdiaz6

pdiaz6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

did the balance patch give homuns a boost?

#10 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Roman - yes, monsters were buffed. The core of the problem with homuns having poor survivability is the known issue with homun flee being calculated using the wrong formula.

Is this incorrect flee formula new with the balance patch? I ask because like I said earlier, I used to AFK my filir at magmarings no problem, now he cannot even take one. He also was tanking certain mvps for me and did a good job barring magic attacks.

#11 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

The GMs expect me to completely re-level my Amistr to 99 again?

#12 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

It is an option to reset the Homunculus, if you do we will do the following.

Loyal it

After next maint you talk to NPC and it will help you evolve it
Reloyal it for you.

You have to do the embryo using to get the homun type you want, and do the leveling stuff, but the other parts we will assist with.

#13 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm so confused about the sudden pop out of this NPC, which they call the Homunculus Resetter.

So, are everyone qualifed for this? e.g: A new chemist who just made a homunculus uses the resetter.. (Current Date)
Would the person on the bolded statement eligible for the "Free Loyalty"?

and what is the whole process of this Resetter? is it..

#1 .. have a homunculus #2 .. use the Resetter .. #3 Delete the pet .. #4 Wait for the next maint?

#14 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Reloyal it for you.

Question! Does that help-us-evolve-it bit mean that we will not have to procure our own Stones of Sages?

@Chigikogou: The NPC itself seems to suggest that anyone who can get a homunculus take advantage of this 'event' by getting one if you talk to it without having a homunculus at all, so I imagine all are eligible. Would appreciate clarification on that point, however, just in case...

#15 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

The thing is, I don't remember if my homum was renewal or pre-renewal (I'm pretty sure it was renewal...)

On top of that, it's at lv 97 now and already cordial, but if I reset now to get it loyal twice, I have to level it all the way up to 99 again. If I don't reset, I have to get it's intimacy all the way back up to loyal again before I get to change it to homun S.

Really can't decide on what I want would be the best thing to do!

#16 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

It is an option to reset the Homunculus, if you do we will do the following.

Loyal it

Reloyal it for you.

You have to do the embryo using to get the homun type you want, and do the leveling stuff, but the other parts we will assist with.

A question. Can you do something similar in Sakray?

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Argh oh, I am gonna do this thing. Whatever the case, it seems like it'll be faster than trying to get it loyal after an evolution.

Now to just decide on whether I want another valinmirth or an amstir

#18 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thats what im stuck at. My amistr is level 92. i made mine post balance but i dont even know if i care about insta loyal. Ant hell is going to be atrocious and im not even up for the QQing. I rather 99 mine now and just feed it.

#19 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

The most annoying part is that I feel like my valinmirth is weak in magic attack, SP and flee, but it hasn't evolved yet...for all I know it might actually be solid.

Do homuns have to be loyal in order to evolve into homun S?

#20 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Do homuns have to be loyal in order to evolve into homun S?

Nope. Just lvl 99+ 2nd form

#21 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

oh, that's not so bad, then. Guess I'll just get this one loyal and evolve him.

#22 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

and do the leveling stuff, but the other parts we will assist with.

Oh, wonderful, we only have to re level the stupid thing to 99. You know, 'cause it's so easy when you work/go to school every day.

#23 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Oh, wonderful, we only have to re level the stupid thing to 99. You know, 'cause it's so easy when you work/go to school every day.

Which is exactly why im not deleting mine. it took 4 weeks to get this to 92(93) now plus with the way ant hell and the pit are gonna be after the restore maintenance ..... i say-_- it!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Minchi, 15 February 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#24 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

I swear, my vanil used to be able to solo level comfortably on zipper bears and bloody butterflies, but now it's like he cannot evade any hit and takes damage like a chump.

#25 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I actually ended up deleting mine but i have a question

Is it normal for a vani at level 34 to only have 127 sp?????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users