#1 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

After last Saturday WOE I started wishing for some major changes to the system. It's great having these massive one-on-one guild fights but after two hours of not getting past an opponent's setup it gets quite tiring. But, it's not tiring because I suck, or because one guild beat the other; it's tiring because we do it every single week and basically take turns (whether it's organized or not) defending a castle. It's a huge effort on guild leaders, co-leaders, sub-leaders, and regular participants.

Is anyone else out there starving for cross-server WOE where it becomes less about two big guilds clashing? How cool would it be to login on Wednesday or Saturday evening and your alliance has to join up with its regular opponents in order to defend against rival alliances from Valkyrie? Disable some items, nerf the heck out of the skills, whatever it takes to make it a serious pvp event! The stakes need to be higher and the battles bigger - rather than fighting for the last half hour for each WOE (and 15 minutes for Wednesdays), let's spruce this up so people are busy for a solid two hours as intended.

I also really feel for small and medium guilds that want to participate but cannot beat 2-3 over-geared veterans holding one castle on their own.

If it ain't broken don't fix it, but I'm getting the feeling in 6-7 months from now it will be really screwed up. Maybe it's just me, but I think that right now people might be in a better position to put in some constructive ideas about this. Maybe I'm just bored because it's Sunday night and I gotta work tomorrow and wait all week for a rematch :mellow:

Posted Image

Edited by Ultimate, 19 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

the guilds on ygg/valk do not have the same amount of god items/mvp cards so the ymir guilds could likely walk all over them but in the end kRO and jRO have it so its just a matter of time till iRO has it tho I don't see it helping in anyway we will just have the same guilds fighting each other 6-12 months down the line of it being implemented :\

#3 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

yeah it would need level restricted realms, item restrictions and some nerfs. 100% agreed, but is anyone else itching for ... some kind of big change ? I know this doesn't help much and brings up many questions like: it's too hard to implement, it wouldn't work out, eventually it'd be the same alliances, but maybe if we start focusing on the advantages and benefits we'll come up with some excellent ideas together for when the GMs do start looking at this.

edit: Versath that's a great idea - double drops, double exp type incentives (or like, slightly better drops, slightly better exp modifiers etc).

Edited by Ultimate, 19 February 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#4 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm all for it but the restrictions would have to be the same as valk/ygg as far as items go(No GTB card) if kRO and jRO can get it working theres no reason iRO can't, maybe making an incentive like if your server holds X% of the castles that server gets 2x drops till next WoE or something :\

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Then that will give Valkyrie server an advantage because of their sheer size...... Don't go to crazy on the item restriction to the point of banning everything... :mellow:

Now if it's Ygg+Ymir vs Valk, maybe that's a different story.

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm all for it but the restrictions would have to be the same as valk/ygg as far as items go(No GTB card) if kRO and jRO can get it working theres no reason iRO can't, maybe making an incentive like if your server holds X% of the castles that server gets 2x drops till next WoE or something :\

Valk and Ygg have the same cards as the VIP server now.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

The only way this could truly be achieved is thru something like Sakray, as anything else would be short of a database nightmare, with each player getting a set amount of zeny and gearing themselves the way they want. It certainly would prove interesting to see what people come up with but I think it would tip to those who are more experienced with USRC type conditions in the end.

But as I understand it this isn't allowed by kRO either which makes me want to drop a bag of hammers on the people at the very top who think this type of rhetoric sells.

There is an idea we have been tossing around for a trial "mini" USRC type thing with WoE rules on say a monthly basis and say whichever server wins gets say 2x exp or drops for a week or something, more to promote the e-peen bragging rights at least in a civil competition type way.

Edited by Inubashiri, 19 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#8 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

jRO has far more freedom to do what they want.

http://ragnarokonlin...b9th/about.html

iRO is and always has been the unwanted step-child of kRO (and as iRO is not a normal franchise like the rest of the official servers, that will probably not change)

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Is anyone else out there starving for cross-server WOE where it becomes less about two big guilds clashing? How cool would it be to login on Wednesday or Saturday evening and your alliance has to join up with its regular opponents in order to defend against rival alliances from Valkyrie? [/img]

I could bet that guilds would ally guilds from other servers to defeat their server normal enemies, not ally their server oponents and 'defend their server'.

#10 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I mainly think they need a whole new look on WoE. If possible they need a separate server used for WoE only with GM controlled factors to keep limits in place to keep a competitive atmosphere while allowing fresh blood an opportunity to get their foot in the door. The way it is now its up to the community on the server to keep it competitive and its not working to well.

Have more ideas for this subject but I don't know the limits of what can be done.

#11 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

There is only one problem I would have in creating a woe only server:

Why would people play the other normal servers? Most people play to level a chara for woe, farm supplies for woe, gear for woe, MVP drops and cards for woe... even the people who don't woe revolve in a world where what they are selling, buying, the people they level with/etc moves around woe.

So if suddenly woe was possible without leveling/hunting supplies/gear, the normal servers would most likely die.

Edited by Kadnya, 19 February 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#12 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's why you would only do it as an event WoE maybe once per month (or every couple of months).

Unfortunately (and our GMs have inquired about it, so they have tried at lead) the official kRO line on the subject is that no other official server has ever had a cross server WoE Event. Perhaps jRO did not bother to mention it them? lol

Edited by lainee, 19 February 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#13 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

This will be totally awesome w/o Gods & MVPs and in a different, special WOE map :mellow:

#14 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Not quite cross server - though, special WoE events can also be done. In this case just having one or two castles open on a special WoE Map where all the guilds fight and winner is whoever holds the castle at the end.

Rules and Intro from mRO
http://ro.gameflier...._web_intro.html
(while this is called MSRC - its not RWC rules, it's guild vs guild.)

You could always do this on each server (Ymir/Valk/Ygg), then have the winners of each server 'face off' on Sakray (re-making characters on Sakray and equipping them USRC style)

These types of things can be done, just comes down to kRO being willing to do it.

Edited by lainee, 19 February 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#15 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

^ Would be a good practice for USRC-interested ppl too for RENEWAL-base since we never had 1 yet til now. I miss those bracket matches :mellow:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 19 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

It also comes down to if the staff is available for it too, often we forget the staff members do have other duties and different shifts and work pile up as we all do. I also suggested a nice little exhibition match with the GM team (shift hours and donated time permitting) and if there wasn't enough then we the mods could join in with them to fill the empty spots since it would be just normal characters anyway just for fun. These mini USRC type things could be held on say a Friday to help benefit everyone staff and players and it would be an off-WoE day as to not disrupt normal WoE activity and the event would be purely voluntary.

Edited by Inubashiri, 19 February 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#17 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Why would people play the other normal servers? Most people play to level a chara for woe, farm supplies for woe, gear for woe, MVP drops and cards for woe... even the people who don't woe revolve in a world where what they are selling, buying, the people they level with/etc moves around woe.

So if suddenly woe was possible without leveling/hunting supplies/gear, the normal servers would most likely die.

To get a bit further in what I had in mind with out adding pages/wall of text getting to detailed. The WoE server would only be open for 8 hours total, 2during and 1 hour before and after each WoE. No other WoE will be held accept on this server and would require GM to do a lot of work to get it going. If your interested further I have pages detailing the idea but posting it at this time will do nothing here.

For the few interested in a read pm me if you want to look at a fuller detailed idea.

#18 ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in PvP
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

It also comes down to if the staff is available for it too, often we forget the staff members do have other duties and different shifts and work pile up as we all do. I also suggested a nice little exhibition match with the GM team (shift hours and donated time permitting) and if there wasn't enough then we the mods could join in with them to fill the empty spots since it would be just normal characters anyway just for fun. These mini USRC type things could be held on say a Friday to help benefit everyone staff and players and it would be an off-WoE day as to not disrupt normal WoE activity and the event would be purely voluntary.

What GM's actually even play this game? lol

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

What GM's actually even play this game? lol

Yes

#20 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

The idea of X's Woe Server is quite interesting...

As I said before, since all 3 servers have their unique items (MvP's & God Items wise), it would be good if it can be kinda like USRC, but allowing to the guilds to copy certain amount of God Items/MvP's card because it might be seen a lil unfair for a guild to participate w/o using what they actually have...

Then again, it might be viable to just copy a character w/o using god items and MvP's card... kinda like those event WoE''s that we used to have...

I would say, we can have kinda like a tournament every month based in point system... where each guild in each server try to accumulate points so that at the end of the month, the one with more points have the chance to represent their server in this X WoE... then the server that comes out winner, can have certain kind of reward... EXP, Drop Increase, Items... you name it...

As long as fights can be as good as this:

#21 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

As long as fights can be as good as this...

The idea is to get them way better than that! With bigger, badder battles :mellow:

Edited by Ultimate, 20 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#22 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

The idea is to get them way better than that! With bigger, badder battles :mellow:

That's my Guilty Crown man...

#23 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

woe maps should be a bridge between servers at least for woe :| . woe should not be its own server , like kad pointed out about the economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users