Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

So I decided to finish my personal quest to make a char for each job and weapon type. In doing so gathering materials. I know you worked on them awhile ago to remove the NPC materials. My findings so far and why I think the drop table are messed up:

1) Nymph Essence drops on every single map. And it drops at a very high rate.

2) Limpid Skin should drop in Valley Luxem Tower and is extremly rare. ( I spent an hour and only got 2)

3) Zulie boxes dont drop, Why not?

4) Common type drops are rare - such as Coal, Oil, Sea Shells, Krawfy Tail, Conch

5) HP and MP Points drop to much

6) Ancient Copper and Silver Coins IMO shouldnt drop on the same maps. It should be one or the other

7) Gorge of Silence - I think the drops here are totally wrong. Why does animal backbones and ink drop here? What happened to marble and granite drops. Also Redfield and Greenfield gear drop to often.

8) Why dont the golems drop gems anymore?

Thats all the farther Ive made it so far in leveling up. More to follow.

Can someone answer this?
thanks

Edited by Fishnet, 21 February 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

3. I think was taken out due to players wanting removed, with the change of how you buy and upgrade skills I'd like to see it come back.
5. Yes they do drop a lot but imagine starting 100% fresh no cleric no buffs how fast does your hp/mp drop while on a slightly harder map for you level or when you get ganged up on, yes your supposed to party but not every likes to.
8. Only ghosts and bosses drop gems now, not entirely sure why though...

#3 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

3) i agree. Zulie boxes are need. I ran out zulie couple times even tho i picked up everything.

5) hp/mp points should be rare, like 1% chance. Call me old school, i feel you should need buy food for hp/mp. Currently at the high rate of hp/mp points dropping you have no reason to buy food.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Well if you are unbuffed you can't survive on those hp points alone (trust me i tried) and i still need to get food. Though i think i could survive without the hp points by using more food, it's not like it costs that much ^^

#5 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just wondering if anybody from gravity has read this and agree/disagree theres issues with drops?

#6 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

So I decided to finish my personal quest to make a char for each job and weapon type. In doing so gathering materials. I know you worked on them awhile ago to remove the NPC materials. My findings so far and why I think the drop table are messed up:

1) Nymph Essence drops on every single map. And it drops at a very high rate.

2) Limpid Skin should drop in Valley Luxem Tower and is extremly rare. ( I spent an hour and only got 2)

3) Zulie boxes dont drop, Why not?

4) Common type drops are rare - such as Coal, Oil, Sea Shells, Krawfy Tail, Conch

5) HP and MP Points drop to much

6) Ancient Copper and Silver Coins IMO shouldnt drop on the same maps. It should be one or the other

7) Gorge of Silence - I think the drops here are totally wrong. Why does animal backbones and ink drop here? What happened to marble and granite drops. Also Redfield and Greenfield gear drop to often.

8) Why dont the golems drop gems anymore?

Thats all the farther Ive made it so far in leveling up. More to follow.

Can someone answer this?
thanks

Fish,

Most of what you have here is questions as to why its different than what it was before, not that the system has problems but just pointing out that things are different.

I read this and thought to myself that your just not useto the system and it is different, but can you be a little more specifc as to what would be "Wrong" as I see it most of what you have here is just that you don't like the drop system vs. what you are use to prior to the drops changing.

#7 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have been playing this game since pretty much day one and have dealt with the changes good and bad. I don't have issues with change. And your right. I dont like the drop system. I was glad when I heard the mats you can buy from the NPC were finally going to be removed from monster drops.

Now back to whats at hand. I have always been into gathering mats to craft items or just to have on hand in case someone needs them. Currently I see the material drops in game as insufficent. Even when I use x2 drop medals. Point #2 I made, these just dont drop much, i would say extremely rare. In fact I find it hard to gather any type of materials for the lower level gears. Junon and Luna drops are horrible. Sure you get a ton of refines and mats for gem crafting. But what about the other mats? What about the common worldly mats I mention in #4. Its the same on Luna, the mats that used to drop that you sell to npc just dont drop.

Which leads to #1 and #5. #1, Those two mats drop everywhere on every map/planet. WHY?? I calculated them to drop 10-15% of the time. #5 just drops way to often.

Cal, yous can take it as questioning or just a rant. But there is something in my opinion wrong with the drops. I understand change and the need to make them. If you don't want spend the time looking into it, lock the thread and it will go away. Makes no difference to me, i was just trying to point out somethings.

#8 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Fish,

Most of what you have here is questions as to why its different than what it was before, not that the system has problems but just pointing out that things are different.

I read this and thought to myself that your just not useto the system and it is different, but can you be a little more specifc as to what would be "Wrong" as I see it most of what you have here is just that you don't like the drop system vs. what you are use to prior to the drops changing.

This is not asking questions, this is pointing out things that make absolutely no sense AT ALL

Example: just go and kill mobs in a few different maps and after 1 hour you will be like everyone in this game ie wondering why the HELL does nymph essence drop EVERYWHERE!! (literally)

Edited by Niluje, 16 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Well nymph essences are used to craft nymph arrows, cheap arrows with decent attack that are very often used by players (or i see a lot of players use them), so they are not completely useless that they drop everywhere.
Myself i'm still not through my nymph arrow boxes i gathered from lvling a single lowbie and looting all the essences.

#10 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yeah well IMO the fact that one item is used in ONE (1) craft recipe that is "quite" useful (not even the best) for 1.5 jobs out of 8 doesn't justify the fact that it drops so often and that it drops on any and all maps from lvl 1 till lvl 220 lol

Edited by Niluje, 18 March 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

There isn't even 16 jobs lol, there's 13 if you count visitor and first job, it's 1.5 out of 8. And it does drop a lot, but it's also used in other craft recipes. Well since it's mostly used in end game for arrows then you can make it only drop at lvl 200 and higher i guess.

#12 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

in regards to number 4 and 6, I don't even see the need for any of those items to be in the drop table any longer. None of them are used for crafting or for anything else useful, and if you want to sell something to the NPC there are plenty of other more useful materials that could drop.

#13 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

And it does drop a lot, but it's also used in other craft recipes.

Nymph essence is used in one recipe, and only one:

Trade Restrictions ::
No Restrictions

Crafting Recipe:
Not Craftable

Disassembly:
Item not breakable

This item is used for crafting the following items:

Nymph Arrow Dispenser: 5 Nymph Essence required

Drops from the following:

Canyon City of Zant Map Drop
City of Junon Polis Map Drop
Valley of Luxem Tower Map Drop
Breezy Hills Map Drop
El Verloon Desert Map Drop
Anima Lake Map Drop
Forest of Wisdom Map Drop
Kenji Beach Map Drop
Gorge of Silence Map Drop
Desert of the Dead Map Drop
Goblin Cave (B1) Map Drop
Goblin Cave (B2) Map Drop
Goblin Cave (B3) Map Drop
Oblivion Temple (B2) Map Drop
Oblivion Temple (B3) Map Drop
Oblivion Temple (B4) Map Drop
Magic City of the Eucar Map Drop
Mana Snowfields Map Drop
Arumic Valley Map Drop
Crystal Snowfields Map Drop
Freezing Plateau Map Drop
Forgotten Temple (B1) Map Drop
Forgotten Temple (B2) Map Drop
Mt. Eucar Map Drop
Xita Refuge Map Drop
Shady Jungle Map Drop
Forest of Wandering Map Drop
Marsh of Ghost Map Drop
Sikuku Underground Prison Map Drop
Sikuku Ruins Map Drop
Capital City of Muris Map Drop
Orlo Town Gate Map Drop
Wreckage of the Blinding Mist Map Drop
The Golden Ring Map Drop
The Golden Ring Map Drop
The Golden Ring Map Drop
The Wasteland Map Drop
The Wasteland Map Drop
Wasteland Ruins Path Map Drop
Gates of Muris Map Drop

And as you can see, it drops from every map with monsters in it

#14 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Well nymph essences are used to craft nymph arrows, cheap arrows with decent attack that are very often used by players (or i see a lot of players use them), so they are not completely useless that they drop everywhere.
Myself i'm still not through my nymph arrow boxes i gathered from lvling a single lowbie and looting all the essences.

Yeah well IMO the fact that one item is used in ONE (1) craft recipe that is "quite" useful (not even the best) for 1.5 jobs out of 8 doesn't justify the fact that it drops so often and that it drops on any and all maps from lvl 1 till lvl 220 lol

jerremy has a point I want to put some emphasis on Niluje.

The item drops on EVERYWHERE (well everywhere beyond Zant), because its use for players 20+ is there. This gives new players something they can possible sell, hold to craft or craft and use at some point. So having it drop only for specific high levels makes the crafting of it limited, and specific. This becomes problematic in the long run as the usefullness of the ammo crates are now dependant on players farming specific areas for something that should be semi common.

@Fish I haven't forgotten about this thread, but I wanted to andress Niluje on this topic as I didn't want it to keep going with no understanding of why it makes sense to drop where it does.
The rates can be discussed a little more, but the reasoning is sound for the Nymph Essence.

#15 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

The reasoning is not sound at all because using this kind of reasoning, sharp thorn should be dropping on every map too since it's used for bourg AND artisan high lvl ammo so for 2 jobs (> 1.5 jobs), yet where does it drop:
Warbiz Monster Drop
Little Krawfy Monster Drop
Krawfy Monster Drop
Nepenthes Monster Drop

And just in case, no this post doesn't mean "please make sharp thorn drop 1000000000 times per hours on every map like nymph essence"

Which means nymph essence dropping sooooo much was just an error from the devs and now you're just trying to justify it in restropect by trying to make sense out of their error

#16 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

The reasoning is not sound at all because using this kind of reasoning, sharp thorn should be dropping on every map too since it's used for bourg AND artisan high lvl ammo so for 2 jobs (> 1.5 jobs), yet where does it drop:
Warbiz Monster Drop
Little Krawfy Monster Drop
Krawfy Monster Drop
Nepenthes Monster Drop

And just in case, no this post doesn't mean "please make sharp thorn drop 1000000000 times per hours on every map like nymph essence"

Which means nymph essence dropping sooooo much was just an error from the devs and now you're just trying to justify it in restropect by trying to make sense out of their error

Progress! I have tried for a while now to get you to be more detailed with your posts and finally something more detailed.
I can work with this and hopefully you dont go back to be generic with your opinions.

Nypmph Essence is sound since that is what I was talking about as an isolated drop table example.

I can see how the Little Krawfy and Krawfy seems out of place.
I will look to see why and get back to you.

#17 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Honestly I'm still not sure whether you have understood what I was / we are trying to say lol

I was not asking for sharp thorn to drop more (though that could be useful but I don't really care that much about it) or differently (though, indeed, krawfies dropping sharp thorns is weird), I was only used sharp thorn as a comparison (because, like nymph essence, sharp thorn is used for crafting ammo), by showing that the list of the mobs dropping sharp thorn is obviously smaller (maybe too small, idk) than the list of monsters dropping nymph essence.
As already said, what we are asking is for nymph essence to drop less (less often or in less maps or both, whatever) because it's annoying to get hundreds of nymph essence when we could be getting something more useful instead (and, just in case, by "more useful item", I do not necessarily mean "sharp thorn")

Edited by Niluje, 21 March 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#18 Processman

Processman

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

i think zulie boxes should be added back into the game...it would make it much easier for lower lvls to buy gear and skills and even upgrade some armor and weaps.

#19 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

The drop table does still need some work. Everyone is asking for limpid skins so I guess I'm not the only one who can't gather this mat either and my stockpile is almost completely depleted.

Also, ice chards do not seem to be dropping at all if the compendium is correct because I farmed those for an hour, killing mostly evil shaman spirit and shaman ghost and did not get even one drop ( I leveled 3 times in that period). And why would this mat be only in one area?

Cal, can you answer this please and maybe let us know if the compendium is correct about the ice chards. It says they drop from: Shaman Ghost, Shaman poltergeist, evil shaman's spirit, and venon ghost.

Please and thank you :D

#20 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi Sun,

Maybe the Yetis or Luna Bears drop it? Not sure of the drop rate but I think they drop it as well.

I'll check on my gunbourg when I get home.

#21 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Also, ice chards do not seem to be dropping at all if the compendium is correct because I farmed those for an hour, killing mostly evil shaman spirit and shaman ghost and did not get even one drop ( I leveled 3 times in that period). And why would this mat be only in one area?

Ice Shard?

Shaman Ghost & Venom Ghost are the two monsters that drop Ice Shards.
They are not completely un-common drops, you should have gotten a few from the Shaman Ghost, unless you were killing mostly Evil Shamans.

#22 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

To continue with this topic, we will be updating in the next patch the HP and MP items that instant consume upon picking up will no longer be available on maps were the level range of the monsters is 100+.

We want to encourage new players to not feel so burdened in the early parts of the game, so we are not yet making changes to the drop table for the other maps.

#23 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

To continue with this topic, we will be updating in the next patch the HP and MP items that instant consume upon picking up will no longer be available on maps were the level range of the monsters is 100+.

We want to encourage new players to not feel so burdened in the early parts of the game, so we are not yet making changes to the

You know those instant heal points are not even good for a party, since most of the time people enable equal share acquisition mode, so the HP point that picked up just randomly take turn to go to every members, and the fact that when you are leveling with a party, you are usually engage in large group AOE killing and it's so crowded that you can't even click the HP point.

But...one thing good is that it comes in handy for people who solo, it helps a bit if the regular food is recovering too slow.

#24 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

@Destiny, ya from what I have seen the earlier levels don't see much party action.
Once players get to Krawfy's we see the partys pick up dramatically.

I would love to hear more specifics on the drops, via maps or monsters that you have all noticed oddities.
We have not totally run dry in the Senate, but it hasn't changed much since the original thread was posted and we have addressed all that was posted.

#25 leabob

leabob

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

limpid skin are supposed to b a common drop in luxem, i spent 5 lvls there and got 1. zodiac stones are supposed to b uncommom drop and i got 8!!! and after that only limpid drop is at lvl 30ish with turtles, that must be wrong. they are needed greatly in game and just do not drop enough, please look into it . :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users