eleanor won't use moonlight - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

eleanor won't use moonlight

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

i've been tinkering with the setting for azzy ai 1.4 but can't seem to get it. in it's previous state, my filir would attack using moonlight and regular attack. after evolving to eleanor, it only does normal attack unless i manually use the skill on the monster. what setting should i use for it to use moonlight whenever possible (i.e. whenever there is sp to do it)? also, it uses flitting once i a while but not accelerated flight. is there a way for it to cast accelerated flight automatically?

Edited by RichestinIRO, 27 February 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Are you using the latest version of AzzyAI 1.40? (Dev 12, posted yesterday)

Do you have Sonic Claw?
If not, it thinks you do (you get it at lvl 100, so you could get it) - the AI cannot detect if the user has sonic claw. If you do, it should default to using Sonic Claw instead of moonlight. You can turn off use of Sonic Claw in the H_Extra (Extra options tab, or H_Extra.lua if you edit manually) by setting UseEleanorSonicClaw=0 - Also make sure OldHomunType is set to FILIR there. If sonic claw is disabled, it should use moonlight instead. Alternately, you can manually replace the SIZE tactic as described in the changelog to make it use sonic claw vs one type of monster and moonlight vs another type.

#3 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm having a similar problem but my eleanor won't use skills while attacking. I've tried every option in UseSkillOnly, and have tried setting UseEleanorSonicClaw to 0 as suggested above, seeming she is 99 at the moment. Am I missing something stupidly obvious here? Any help would be appriciated, using 1.4 dev 12 by the way.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

UseSkillOnly should ALWAYS be -1, you should not change it for shotgun debugging purposes. Actually, generally speaking, don't go messing with random settings that you don't understand when trying to make the homun do basic things, that just makes it harder for me to figure out whats going on, and harder for you to fix things when if I give a solution.

I will see if I can figure out why it's not able to use skills, but since I don't have a Filir -> Eleanor at low levels yet I can't directly reproduce this one. I don't see how it would be failing unless we're not detecting the old homun type correctly. But that would break the self-buffs too - are those working correctly? It sounds like from the OP's post, that buff skills are working correctly, in which case the only thing that makes sense is that old homun type is set wrong.

Are you correctly setting OldHomunType? The AI cannot detect that the homun used to be a filir unless you explicitly state that in H_Extra (I can autodetect ex-vanis because they have a ranged skill, but I can't autodetect other homuns, because none of them have ranged skills, and GetV(V_SKILLATTACKRANGE,MyID,skill) returns 1 for skills that the homun doesn't have, as well as for ones it has that are range 0). However, the default behavior is to assume all non-vani's were filirs so that should be okay.

Also, to use AccellFlight, turn on UseAutoGuard (it's a defensive non-S buff, hence it's classified as a guard skill).

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 February 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#5 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

The only reason I started messing with UseSkillOnly was because of the problem I stated above, generally I don't mess with it. I ended up just reinstalling the AI and things seem to be working better, they worked fine before I mutated so was a little bit confused, I know there are a lot of buggs still to be worked out of the homun S. Thanks anyway ^_^

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

The only reason I started messing with UseSkillOnly was because of the problem I stated above, generally I don't mess with it. I ended up just reinstalling the AI and things seem to be working better, they worked fine before I mutated so was a little bit confused, I know there are a lot of buggs still to be worked out of the homun S. Thanks anyway ^_^

Wait, so it's using skills correctly now? If so, that's great news, if a bit unsettling.

There definitely shouldn't have been a change in skill use behavior after mutating if UseEleanorSonicClaw=0 was set. I can think of some ways in which old config files could break this, though.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 February 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#7 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Wait, so it's using skills correctly now? If so, that's great news, if a bit unsettling.

There definitely shouldn't have been a change in skill use behavior after mutating if UseEleanorSonicClaw=0 was set. I can think of some ways in which old config files could break this, though.

somehow it keeps reverting to =1 but that's in gui mode i'll try in the script itself. should i set eleanorsonicclawlevel to 0 too? also, i have .lua files in the parent directory of user_ai (Ai) which just generated itself. i took a look at the files and the h_extra has different scripts on it (seems like pre homun s script). should i delete this?

somehow moving those files (just for reversal) into a folder other than ro did it. i'm gonna delete those now. still no sign of accelerated flight (autoguard is on) casting though, only flitting.

Edited by RichestinIRO, 28 February 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

somehow it keeps reverting to =1 but that's in gui mode i'll try in the script itself. should i set eleanorsonicclawlevel to 0 too? also, i have .lua files in the parent directory of user_ai (Ai) which just generated itself. i took a look at the files and the h_extra has different scripts on it (seems like pre homun s script). should i delete this?

somehow moving those files (just for reversal) into a folder other than ro did it. i'm gonna delete those now. still no sign of accelerated flight (autoguard is on) casting though, only flitting.

I don't know what to say re: accel flight. I'm using two filirs and it works on both of them.

Is UseAutoGuard set to 1 in H_Config.lua ?

You can set the level by adding UseAccelLevel in H_Extra.lua, if it's not there already.

I'm wondering if somethings wrong with how you've installed the AI, or what files you're editing, since you were having problems with other settings.

You're not on Windows Vista/7, with RO installed in program files and UAC enabled, right?

#9 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

I don't know what to say re: accel flight. I'm using two filirs and it works on both of them.

Is UseAutoGuard set to 1 in H_Config.lua ?

You can set the level by adding UseAccelLevel in H_Extra.lua, if it's not there already.

I'm wondering if somethings wrong with how you've installed the AI, or what files you're editing, since you were having problems with other settings.

You're not on Windows Vista/7, with RO installed in program files and UAC enabled, right?

i'm on both (running several pcs with different accounts) but running/logged as admin (tried turning off uac too). useautoguard is set to 1 in h_config. where do i add useaccellevel? next to useeleanorsonicclaw? i noticed though in h_config filir is spelled as filerflitlevel although flitting works fine. in h_extra, oldhomuntype=filir though. i'll download it again with default settings and see if it works.

i think i had dev 2 not 12. there's a lot other scripts missing in my previous install. let me check now.

accelflight works now but moonlight doesn't. i'm assuming flitting is at it's delay so not casting.

got it to work. why does it pause (not all the time but often) after casting moonlight before attacking normal though? also (again not all the time but often) it waits till ally gets hit before reacting (before it was attacking aggros now it's just chasing then attacking when i get hit).

Edited by RichestinIRO, 28 February 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

i'm on both (running several pcs with different accounts) but running/logged as admin (tried turning off uac too). useautoguard is set to 1 in h_config. where do i add useaccellevel? next to useeleanorsonicclaw? i noticed though in h_config filir is spelled as filerflitlevel although flitting works fine. in h_extra, oldhomuntype=filir though. i'll download it again with default settings and see if it works.

i think i had dev 2 not 12. there's a lot other scripts missing in my previous install. let me check now.

accelflight works now but moonlight doesn't. i'm assuming flitting is at it's delay so not casting.

got it to work. why does it pause (not all the time but often) after casting moonlight before attacking normal though? also (again not all the time but often) it waits till ally gets hit before reacting (before it was attacking aggros now it's just chasing then attacking when i get hit).

Ah, yeah, 2 vs 12 would do it (prior to I think dev 6 or 7, i didn't know that accel flight had been fixed).

I've noticed that pause too. Did it not pause with the old version?

When it's waiting until an ally gets attacked - is it's HP % below AggroHP? I think it defaults to 60, so it won't pick fights unless HP is above 60% (unless you've changed it).

#11 Jexo

Jexo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

sorry, if wrong thread, just want to ask, how to set auto attack?
my homun cannot attack monster........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users