Cave Of Ulverick Faq [out of date] - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cave Of Ulverick Faq [out of date]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Cave of Ulverick Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: What level do I need to be to participate in the Cave of Ulverick instance?
A1: You need to be Level 150 or lower.

Q2: Do I need to be in a party?
A2: Yes. In fact, only the Party Leader can initiate the instance.

Q3: What if a member of my party is above level 150?
A3: Any players above level 150, will be automatically removed from the Cave of Ulverick Instance.

Q4: What happens if I accidentally delete my quest?
A4: If you delete your quest, will you need to be the Leader of a Party and walk up to the Cave of Ulverick entrance, where a new quest will automatically be assigned and you will need to wait 24-hours from that point.

Q5: What if I delete my quest, and go in the instance with my party?
A5: You will automatically be removed from the instance and a new quest will be assigned and you will need to wait 24-hours from that point.

Q6: How long do we get to complete the instance?
A6: Initially you have 10 minutes to defeat Ulverick's Leader, than another 10 minutes to defeat Ulverick's General and finally 30 minutes to defeat King Ulverick.

Q7: What happens if we don't defeat the Leader, General or King within the given time?
A7: A time expired message will display and all party members will automatically be removed from the instance.

Q8: What happens if I log out of the instance or get disconnect?
A8: Your instance is saved for you and your team, however the 10 and 30 minute time limits still apply. Be sure you log back in before those timers expire!

Q9: What happens if I log in after those timers have expired?
A9: The instance will reset and you will automatically be removed from the instance. You will then need to wait 24-hours before trying again.

Q10: How many times can I do the Cave of Ulverick instance?
A10: As long as you're Level 150 or lower and have a party, you can run through the Cave of Ulverick one-time per 24-hours, for as long as you'd like.

Q11: What drops are available in the Cave of Ulverick instance:
A11: New Level 145 Legendary Weapons are exclusive to this instance, and can only be found by defeating King Ulverick. In addition to this, chemicals, such as Essence and Low Ether, as well as powders and lisents are also available.

Q12: How come, I don't always get a drop?
A12: There is a rare chance, that no drop will be given. Note: King Ulverick will always provide a drop.

Q14: What happens if the Instance is full?
A14: If the instance is full, you will need to keep trying to enter until a room becomes available. You can see parties spawn in and out of the Cave entrance in Desert of the Dead.

Q14: How many instances are available at any given time?
A14: Currently there are 5 Cave of Ulverick instances available at any one time.

#2 Broozer

Broozer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

Never been there, but how is the loot-distribution of the King? Is it only 1 item, meaning in case of 'free for all' the first one who loots, gets the item? (what normal happens on any world-boss kill).

#3 brigzzy

brigzzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Wow, I'm loving this instance :p_devil: Just one thing though, I'd like it a lot better if it rolled over at midnight instead of the whole individual timers on the quest tab thing. It's hard to line up running the instance with friends and clannies, when you have to factor in work and school schedules. Also, the timer gets all messed up come the Thursday maintenance. Other than that, it's great!

#4 brigzzy

brigzzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

Never been there, but how is the loot-distribution of the King? Is it only 1 item, meaning in case of 'free for all' the first one who loots, gets the item? (what normal happens on any world-boss kill).

The loot is distributed by the party. If it's on even share then it's random. If it's free for all, you better be quick with that pickup key :p_devil:

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Yeah the 24 hour downtime is pretty long. WHile leveling some chars we decided to give this a shot at 130. Without a cleric inside we got killed by the bosses and decided to leave; but before the 24 hors was up we had already outleveled the place and couldn't even go back in.

#6 ZeroPoke

ZeroPoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIn your harddrive stealing your bits

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

Yeah the 24 hour downtime is pretty long. WHile leveling some chars we decided to give this a shot at 130. Without a cleric inside we got killed by the bosses and decided to leave; but before the 24 hors was up we had already outleveled the place and couldn't even go back in.

xD thats why you stop there wif a charactor or a few and get what you want. :rolleyes:

#7 brigzzy

brigzzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Q12: How come, I don't always get a drop?
A12: There is a rare chance, that no drop will be given. Note: King Ulverick will always provide a drop.

I have a question about this point. It's kind of conflicting. How can there be a chance for no drop, yet King Ulverick will always provide a drop? I've gone 2 days in a row with no drop at all from King-y, is this a bug?

Thanks,

Brigzzy

#8 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

Seems to me nobody do this instance, am I very much wrong? Why not make it harder and more interesting for Level 200+.. We could use some end-game fun.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

Question: Does the instance automatically end when you exit the Cave, let's say for a rebuff, while King is still alive?

#10 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I think the quest for the Cave of Ulverick is bug atm. When after 24 hours waiting period (without delete the quest), I tried to enter the cave again, but it didn't let me in and start my timer again. My character is level 149 and is a party leader.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do you all see that? It just give me another 24 hours waiting period and nothing else. This is the second time, it did it to me, So either the Cave of Ulverick is bug or the design of it is flaw.

Edited by ChampPower, 23 December 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#11 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

the same thing has been happening to me. sometimes it lets me in, sometimes it does the same the as happened to you. seems it started for me only after i took the quest for the crimson back shield but maybe just a coincidence.

#12 Espetim

Espetim

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrazil - Itumbiara(GO)

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Same here

#13 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

Feel free to tell us your story this thread: http://forums.warppo...lverick-is-bug/

#14 warboss007

warboss007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

funny that they call a five minute thing "instance" :S

#15 dvnt3

dvnt3

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Does this "instance" still work? I have joined the queue and I know two others did too but we do not get transported to a dungeon. Trying to walk into the cave while queued does nothing too.

a. Is there a way to look at who or how man is in the queue?
b. How to make the instance start?

#16 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

On the left side of the map there should be a small icon that looks like playing cards, hover the mouse over that and it should tell you how many are in the Queue for whatever you are Queued for.
Once enough members/class types are Queued it should start. (As far as I know only Crystal Defenders has a Cleric requirement, but the others may as well.)

Edited by Zurn, 29 December 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#17 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Cave of Ulverick has two level brackets, which are now offered through the Game Arena UI (press Alt+G):
  • 120-150
  • 200-230
Both require a minimum of 3 players (of any class) to start, and no more than 5 players. You can either sign up as an individual or as a group with friends - press Alt+H to create a group and invite players to the group.

More information (and example screenshots) of the Game Arena's queue status feature can be found at http://rosena-wiki.o...ame_Arena#Queue

Edited by Genesis, 29 December 2012 - 09:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users