Angel Devil (broken) event: will it get extended? (Re-Edited) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Angel Devil (broken) event: will it get extended? (Re-Edited)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

The Valentines Event part2 was bugged with the upgrading and i hope this gets fixed... but if we win 3 streaks in a row we wont be getting the full upgrade of the gear... i just wanted to know if this event will stay within the 4-week time or will this get extended 1 week?

Edit:

this is what happened

Week 1:

Devils: win
Angel: lose
(no upgrade available during week1)

Week 2

Devils:
-Devils WON, Devil kid keeps telling us to go to custard cream)
-but Custard cream upgrade is bugged, (not getting any upgrade bonuses),
-since devil kid recognizes that we have not upgraded anything, it keeps telling us to go back to custard cream,
- in short, BUGGED. and we received no upgrade. and cannot continue doing/reporting the quest

Angel: since devil kid is bugged, devil side cant do anything and angels won, most probably getting upgrade (i dont know many times though, but the posts here i am reading is that they got 2 upgrades)

Week 3: CURRENT WEEK (this week i believe starting 2/29/2012)

Devils: quest was reset, custard cream does not give upgrades....( for now???) Note: we have not gotten our week-1-win upgrade
Angel: ??? dunno dont care :) we'll beat them anyhow

anyway thanks heim! hope this gets fixed....

Edit:

So basically, the fundamental score should be:

Devils 1 win and Angels 0 wins

but the actual upgrade amount each side got is:

Devils 0 upgrades and Angels 2 upgrades

Edited by mikeberserkr, 29 February 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#2 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Devil won the first week of the event. Upgrade didn't work AND a bug prevented the devils from fighting in week two.

So the angel side won and they can now upgrade twice in a row for +20ATK.

Can something be done about this please? I'm not saying this because I've got 9 characters with sunnies and all)

#3 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Devil side on Ymir got royally screwed. we won but couldn't upgrade. then npc wouldn't allow us to take quests to beat angels the next week.

i say they just allow both sides to upgrade 20atk/matk on ymir because of the bugged npc and just let us fight it out normally for the 3rd week's upgrade. that way only one side will have the maximum buffs for it anyways at the end.

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

We updated the thing so that this week you can do the week 2 and 3 upgrades. So you missed out last week on getting your enhancement, but this week you get 2 which should catch you up with where the event should be. The thing is going to Mid March, (White day).

#5 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

We updated the thing so that this week you can do the week 2 and 3 upgrades. So you missed out last week on getting your enhancement, but this week you get 2 which should catch you up with where the event should be. The thing is going to Mid March, (White day).

no no, you're wrong. devil's side won the 1st week[Ymir]. the 2nd week devil npc bugged and we couldn't take quests anymore to counter the angels. so now even though devil side won we get ZERO upgrades and angels get 2x upgrades (week1 and week2) because devils couldn't fight back (devil npc bugged).

this only happened on ymir. if npc wasn't bugged devil side could have won 2nd week as well. now devil side doesn't get any upgrade.

#6 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Ok, I see the problem..

So what we will do, from now to Saturday Morning we will track who wins and set that as the winner. So enchantment 1 will come come Saturday

Enchantment 2 will come Tuesday
Enchantment 3 will come Next Saturday.

#7 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

ok that works. is there anyway you can announce this on ymir? people doing the quest might not see this post.

#8 aurorasogna

aurorasogna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Ok, I see the problem..

So what we will do, from now to Saturday Morning we will track who wins and set that as the winner. So enchantment 1 will come come Saturday

I don't think it's a good solution. All the missions made the first week from the devil side does'nt count? and now we have to start over again?? Please don't do events if the quests aren't working.

I want the upgrade now for the mission i made in the first week.

Edited by aurorasogna, 29 February 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#9 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

Ok, maybe there's some confusion Heim. I'll try to make the chronology a little clearer.

End of week one of the event, devils won. So for the whole of week two, devils should be entitled to get their first upgrade during that 7 day stretch.

However, due to the bug, devils could not upgrade during week two. Additionally, devils could not take any quests in week two, possibly due to the same bug or maybe a different one. Thus, angels won at the end of week two partly because the devils could not do their side's quests.

As of today we are now at the beginning of week 3, so each side should be entitled to one upgrade each (although I would contest the angels' week two win since it was literally a no-contest). However, angels currently get two upgrades, and devils none.

Hope that helps. In all fairness since the bug's been around on Ymir when the event started weeks ago, maybe you could give two upgrades each to both sides, then fix the bug, so that it's a level playing field from week 3 onwards and no one loses?

#10 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Angels have been winning all week on Valkyrie... and I still can't enchant my stupid glasses...

#11 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

Angels have been winning all week on Valkyrie... and I still can't enchant my stupid glasses...

it tells ya one thing.. Join the dark side :) ;)

Edited by mikeberserkr, 29 February 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#12 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Ok, I see the problem..

I'm glad you're making an attempt to address the situation, but this doesn't help those of us on Ymir who won for devils' side the first week, and then couldn't participate the second week...we still can't upgrade our sunnies. Redress, please.

#13 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

The devil side won last week and until now we still cant upgrade or get our due prize from custard cake. Please fix custard cake so we can upgrade our devil sunnies.

#14 juan2cruz

juan2cruz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Who is the npc that upgrade the Glasses? The "War Merchant" guy ?

I'm from the Angel's Side in Valk... and we win both of the weeks, and he tells me that i need to find his brother Daegil.. but i cant find that NPC.

What i have to do?!!?!?!

#15 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'm from the Angel's Side in Valk... and we win both of the weeks, and he tells me that i need to find his brother Daegil.. but i cant find that NPC.
What i have to do?!!?!?!

To upgrade your angels'-side glasses, first talk to the angel NPC near Alberta north kafra; he'll send you to talk to Custard Cream, the first NPC you talk to down in SE Alberta. Custard Cream will upgrade the glasses. I still haven't figured out what's up with Daegil; that's a separate issue.

#16 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

What i have to do?!!?!?!

Devil Side won this week in Valk.

#17 aurorasogna

aurorasogna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

no answer from the gm.. good..

#18 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

Devil side won this week's because our NPC was bugged, Angels been winning since the event started and for some odd reason Devils get OUR wins. It's just dumb. Worse event ever.

Edited by iiNote, 01 March 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#19 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Devil side won this week's because our NPC was bugged, Angels been winning since the event started and for some odd reason Devils get OUR wins. It's just dumb. Worse event ever.

Well, it's bad at the moment, but it's hardly the worst event ever. And it'll get better, too. I'm certainly dissatisfied with the current situation, but I've got a long memory for bad quests. The Brando family Thanksgiving event where you had to kill the bandits (special smokies) on one of the Comodo beach maps pretty much takes the cake for me for worst. The bandits only spawned on one map, so everyone on the whole server who wanted to participate was on that one map, and most of the bandits spawned in groups of half a dozen or so at preset spawn points, which were, of course, camped like a big dog. So people were using AoE skills to mark them all when they appeared, so no one else could get any. Some of the worst behavior I've ever seen on RO. Likewise the Easter event where the snakes were only on the airship; same same. No event in RO should ever require the whole server population to hunt on one map. It's hard to believe that the people creating the event couldn't see that coming. Ah, good times. I miss the Brando family. Hey you kids...GET OFF MY LAWN!

Edited by Dmentd, 01 March 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#20 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm soooo confused. So After Saturday when winners are known we can pick up the quest and get our first enchants, based on whatever side won, before Tuesday? Then after Tuesday anytime before Saturday we get enchant 2? Then after next Saturday 3rd one? Okay, I think I got it. Devils...ASSEMBLE!

#21 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ok, I see the problem..

This is what i think is most important... getting all the 3 enchantments.... then come fourth and complete the headgear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users