Valentines Battle and Homunculus Reset - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Valentines Battle and Homunculus Reset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#26 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Okay, time to white the post.

On Ymir and Valk, one side won the first week, and the other one won the second. So technically, the sides are even. Though only one of the sides was allowed to get two enchants. So the fairness would be the other side be able to have two enchants again. The other got none, even winning one of the weeks. And then let the other weeks end normally.

Edited by asayuu, 01 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#27 Tyki00

Tyki00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Homun resetter still broken =.=

#28 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

really hope it doesn't last as long as last time. we had this problem a few days back for... more than half a day was it?

EDIT: oh crap dunno why my post got to here. i was sure i was looking at the vip can't login thread.

Edited by dongpickle, 01 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#29 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

homun still broken

#30 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Homunc resetter still broken or just forgotten?

If if would be less messing about and best for us to just go use a Stone of Sage instead, then please let us know.

#31 juan2cruz

juan2cruz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Homun still broken!! =(

#32 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Not to be too repetitive, but the homunculus NPC is not evolving loyal homonculi. A few questions though:

1. Do we need our own Stone of Sage, or will one be provided for us?
2. Assuming we get our evolution this week, can we get the loyalty boost (for our newly evolved homunculi) before the event ends on Mar. 6th?

#33 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Not to be too repetitive, but the homunculus NPC is not evolving loyal homonculi. A few questions though:

1. Do we need our own Stone of Sage, or will one be provided for us?

If the NPC and event was working correctly then you don't need a reset stone, the NPC evolves your Homunc for you without needing a Stone of Sage when you go back and talk to it again. Currently this is not working and was supposed to be fixed yesterday.

2. Assuming we get our evolution this week, can we get the loyalty boost (for our newly evolved homunculi) before the event ends on Mar. 6th?

Heim implied that there would be one final loyalty boost on the 6th March (next maint). Have yet to hear back on this one either.

#34 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Thanks Lainee, I appreciate the info! Hope that update comes soon. =)

#35 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

lol, we got a little Alchemist "party" by the resetter NPC now.

#36 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Unfortunately they think they have fixed it.

Received a few minute ago on another account

Thank you for you for your inquiry, We are happy to report that the issue with the NPC is now resolved and the character should now be able to have their loyal pet evolved by the NPC. Thank you for your support of Ragnarok Online. If you have any other questions please feel free to submit another ticket and we will be happy to assist you.

Posted Image

Nope, still not fixed.

Edited by lainee, 01 March 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#37 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Definitely not resolved yet, no luck over on Yggdrasil either. =/

#38 swildturkey

swildturkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow
  • Server:iRO

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Is the NPC still broken? It doesn't evolve my Homun either :/

#39 Reanef

Reanef

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Unfortunately they think they have fixed it.

Received a few minute ago on another account

Posted Image

Nope, still not fixed.

That's great. One of my alchemists gets this exact message you've posted while the other (I remade homunculus on both) gets the message that I need to delete my homunculus and join the list. I WAS on the list. My homun WAS made loyal but after 'the fix' she isnt on the list anymore? Is that what this means? I suppose Ill have to send in a ticket or something if Ive been magically kicked off the list. What a hassle...

#40 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

That's great. One of my alchemists gets this exact message you've posted

Heim said via MSN 'tomorrow' and then vanished. I 'assume' that means it will be fixed then (though it was meant to be fixed on Wednesday). I think pretty much most homuncs made in the second week have this same issue.

while the other (I remade homunculus on both) gets the message that I need to delete my homunculus and join the list. I WAS on the list. My homun WAS made loyal but after 'the fix' she isnt on the list anymore? Is that what this means? I suppose Ill have to send in a ticket or something if Ive been magically kicked off the list. What a hassle...

This is the other issue effecting a few people that deleted their homuncs (I know someone with the exact same problem). Unfortunately submitting a ticket will not help as non of the Customer Reps really 'understand' what the issue is. She has been trying to sort it out since just before last maintenance with no luck. As the NPC dialogue has been poorly scripted, it's not really clear after it tells you to delete just when to actually re-summon a new one, which causes the problem.

What it wants is you to do this > talk to the NPC > type in that you will delete > delete homunc > talk to NPC again > Summon new Homunc until you get the one you want > talk to NPC again.

However the problem is this (because the NPC dialogue was not really clear) if you > talk to the NPC > type in that you will delete > delete homunc > summon new homunc (and keep going until you get the one you want burning though your Embryo's etc > talk to NPC again > NPC will tell you that you have to delete.

However, with the last loyalty increase, homunculus that were this situation (owners being told to delete) did actually get the loyalty boost (so appear to be on the list) - but when you talk to the NPC it still tells you, that you have to delete.

Unfortunately, the customer service reps (my friend managed to go through four different ones so far) don't quite understand this (and where the problem arises in the scripting that causes it) and will just tell you "according to their records you should delete blah blah blah" - and completely not understanding that the homonculus was still made loyal at the last maintenance reset (so may, or may not be on 'the list').

Edited by lainee, 02 March 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#41 Reanef

Reanef

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Heim said via MSN 'tomorrow' and then vanished. I 'assume' that means it will be fixed then (though it was meant to be fixed on Wednesday). I think pretty much most homuncs made in the second week have this same issue.

This is the other issue effecting a few people that deleted their homuncs (I know someone with the exact same problem). Unfortunately submitting a ticket will not help as non of the Customer Reps really 'understand' what the issue is. She has been trying to sort it out since just before last maintenance with no luck. As the NPC dialogue has been poorly scripted, it's not really clear after it tells you to delete just when to actually re-summon a new one, which causes the problem.

What it wants is you to do this > talk to the NPC > type in that you will delete > delete homunc > talk to NPC again > Summon new Homunc until you get the one you want > talk to NPC again.

However the problem is this (because the NPC dialogue was not really clear) if you > talk to the NPC > type in that you will delete > delete homunc > summon new homunc (and keep going until you get the one you want burning though your Embryo's etc > talk to NPC again > NPC will tell you that you have to delete.

However, with the last loyalty increase, homunculus that were this situation (owners being told to delete) did actually get the loyalty boost (so appear to be on the list) - but when you talk to the NPC it still tells you, that you have to delete.

Unfortunately, the customer service reps (my friend managed to go through four different ones so far) don't quite understand this (and where the problem arises in the scripting that causes it) and will just tell you "according to their records you should delete blah blah blah" - and completely not understanding that the homonculus was still made loyal at the last maintenance reset (so may, or may not be on 'the list').

I may have done exactly that but can't rememeber :D Is it really so hard for them to figure what you have posted out? They should just allow those with this problem to properly be placed on the list again. Maybe that is too much work for them? I deleted my homun S (WHO does that?!) thinking to try another because of this event. Thought this would help me move along with the whole process faster but in the end Im left regretting my choice. This whole thing was more frustrating than it was worth at this point. Seems a few events in this past month have been sloppily put together and it makes me wonder about the direction this game is heading. As a LONG time player Im really disappointed in the quality of the recent 'special events'. - _ -'

#42 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hmm, think we should try posting in another thread to draw more attention to the broken NPC? I don't know how much attention we're getting here. =/

#43 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

My homunculus just got evolved, big thanks to the Ragnarok staff for responding and fixing the issue!

I'm still unclear on whether or not there will be another loyalty change at March 6th, it seems like the NPC has no other further options...

#44 pinkhoney

pinkhoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Odin

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I sent in a ticket before maintenance about this problem, and didn't get a very descriptive answer in reply. After the mini maintenance I optimistically ventured out to try again. The NPC tells me that my homunculus should now be loyal, or a couple feedings away from loyal, and that they can help my evolve it. But my Amistr is still at awkward loyalty, unevolved... :/ I tried feeding it a couple times to see if it was just a text glitch or something, but no change.

#45 Karudeathreca

Karudeathreca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

i joined angel side... 3 weeks ago... just randomly.... and now it's lose side... i want change side to devil side to let me enchate glasses. have some way to help me do that? or i have to join this lose side forever?

#46 aurorasogna

aurorasogna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

you have to go to custrd and bring him 100 crates.

#47 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

So who are the winners for the "1st week" on each respective server?

Edit --

Ymir = Devil
Valk = Angel
Ygg = Angel

Edit2 --

Apparently Angel side won for ymir also?

Edited by Chris, 04 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#48 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

angels won on the other servers.

#49 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

So will the GM's reset the quest counters for the "2nd week" that is supposedly from Saturday to Tuesday, or are we just using the same pool of points?

#50 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I keep hearing that people are unable to reset their homuns properly using the npc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users