falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm looking at a lot of the suggested spears for Overbrand, and a lot of them have less attack than my NPC bought Lance. How is Brocca, Pole Axe, Glorious Spear, Imperial Spear, etc, going to make any sort of difference? Am I not seeing something?

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I recommend a high + Brocca or hell fire(very good in scarab).

Edited by Droyd, 01 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#3 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Shield. Lance is two-handed, taking away your shield slot. That's fine in pvm, but there is no way you should be going into pvp without a shield. You're going to be missing out on all the shield-related skills.

That and Brocca pierces DEF, so it will do more damage in the end.

Glorious Spear, after taking into account the +95% damage on demi humans will do more damage.

Pole axe is garbage.

Imperial spear is not an overbrand spear. It is just a good spear in general for its moderate atk.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

A lance is two handed so you won't be able to use a shield with it, which is very important when mobbing if you have a racial damage reduction shield. Imperial gives you other bonuses like the added VP dmg. Also, when you get shield spell lvl 1, you can use it to add the shield DEF as ATK.

It probably doesn't seem very worth it to overupgrade an npc bought spear rather than a more rare spear with other bonuses too.

Don't let the low attack of glorious fool you, if you calculate the atk bonus on demihuman (which you would mostly be using it on), it's actually very, very strong.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Glorious Spear is probably the 2nd best KvM weapon you can get. It's pretty much a MUST HAVE if you're gonna play a Royal Guard seriously.

Imperial Spear is awesome and has a card slot, so you can put something like Archer Skel for more damage with Vanishing Point or Hunterfly Card for surviving in PvM.

Brocca's for pure raw damage in end-game PvM. It's good but since it doesn't have a card slot, you'll need some heal items to solo with it.

#6 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Thanks guys, I got a +0 Brocca for now. It seems to be doing a lot more damage than my lance (in turtle dungeon at least, and i dont think neutral is a factor there, so it's all defense piercing).

Not sure what KvM means.

#7 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Also, don't see glorious spear on ragial at all... Any reason? Is it one of those super expensive "auction only" items like MVP cards? (It doesn't appear to drop from anything either)

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Glorious Spear = KVM weapon.

Some additional information is here:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Battlegrounds

Or you can get KVM from doing the seals. Most people just farm KVM by putting your main character with other ppl's main characters all on one side (usually the top left side). Then you place an alt (alternate character) that is lvl 81 or higher on the other side by dual clienting. You just use your main character to kill the other side to farm the KVM. It's quite time consuming to get up to 2000 kvm however, but it's well worth it if you are ever going to PVP or WoE. Even the huge damage you get from fighting demihuman monsters make it worth it.

#9 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Also, don't see glorious spear on ragial at all... Any reason? Is it one of those super expensive "auction only" items like MVP cards? (It doesn't appear to drop from anything either)

KVM weapons are account bound, so you cant sell or trade them to different characters. Although, you can transfer it among characters on that same acc

#10 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Kind of a waste of money, but I got it done:

http://img839.images...nymirvip034.jpg

That's basically step 1 :mellow:. It's supposed to be +20 to be good, right?

#11 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

and by +20, what I meant was +11, because +20 is impossible (it degrades on every fail, correct? lol)

#12 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

sorry to bump but this is confusing. i read in some other threads that imperial spear is better because of higher atk, card slot and renewal monsters dont have high def so the piercing effect is lower, plus usually monsters arent neutral in property.

so brocca or imperial spear? (if we're getting it to +9) for end game pvm weapon (leveling with overbrand and vanishing point). how about hunting spear? it has high atk and has a slot as well

Edited by celestience, 01 April 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#13 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm kind of wondering the same thing too but don't want to buy a brocca and upgrade it to find out it's not as good as imperial. Hunting Spear does have defense bypassing for brute monsters and it does do more damage when I compare it with imperial on brute monsters. Hunting Spear might actually be a better spear than Imperial for overbrand in general, since it's a level 4 weapon and imperial is level 3. So if both weapons are +9, hunting spear should outdamage imperial for overbrand (especially for brute monsters). Imperial is still better for VP because of the 20% bonus though (but maybe not as something crazy like +14? have to do the math in those cases). It's kind of a pain to switch between two spears for a minor boost in damage and pretty expensive to +9 both, so using imperial for both is fine in my opinion. If you are doing turn in parties mostly, RGs aren't really expected to be the main damage dealers anyway.

#14 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

The answer is 'it depends'. For high defense targets a brocca would be better. Otherwise imperial spear. ..... Get a samurai specter card in an imperial spear and get the best of both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users