Maps Full of BOTS!!! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Maps Full of BOTS!!!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 rhammha

rhammha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

well im playing RO just for a yr now and i notice that this maps are BOTTERS place

pyramid
veins field
Glast heim
payon cave
ant hell
comodo
byalan

i dont remember exact loc. but any1 can post here so WE HOPE THAT GM CHECK IT OUT!!!
coz they are so annoying and im lagging when a map is alot of bots

#2 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Look, if the GMs really gave a :mellow: about the Bot population on servers like Valk they could easily take out 100+ in about 15 minutes of work. Go one map east of Payon? Boom +100 bots running around slapping the snot out of Spores, Snakes and Wormtails. One level down in Pyramid? Boom +100 bots running around slapping the snot out of Soldier Skeletons and Isis. Ant Hell Level 1? Boom +100 bots slapping the snot out of Vitatas and Andres. You get the picture.

If bot elimination was a true priority, a bored GM could just sit at the entrance to any of these maps and within 10 minutes would have dozens of names...

#3 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

You do realize all the things GMs have to do other then get rid of bots right?

Like dealing with crying little brats who think they come before everyone else for example.

Edit: Oh and lets not talk about the fact that they have LIVES out side of working on this game, oh my geez I know it is so hard to believe.

Edited by Randomititiy, 04 March 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#4 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Calm down lol. If your post is directed at me you need to relax.

I couldn't give a-_- about the bots running around. Not only are they the backbone of our economy but they keep the spawn rate up on a lot of the newbie maps where I like to level. Obviously there are more pressing issues, as of late, that the GMs need to prioritize. I'm just letting the OP know that the bot situation is not something that is currently on the top of the list of things that need to be tended too. You sir need to chill the-_- out.

#5 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I couldn't give a-_- about the bots running around. Not only are they the backbone of our economy but they keep the spawn rate up on a lot of the newbie maps where I like to level. Obviously there are more pressing issues, as of late, that the GMs need to prioritize. I'm just letting the OP know that the bot situation is not something that is currently on the top of the list of things that need to be tended too. You sir need to chill the-_- out.

Thing is, even if GMs were to get rid of these bots, they would just make more bots. OR The bots will get more aggressive and start KSing like what happened when GMs changed something to disable bots a while ago. And they have been getting rid of bots. I believe Oda or someone has a bot bodycount thread and if you haven't noticed, the price for zeny from those gold buying websites has increased substantially. I believe it was like 7 dollars for 100 mil before? And now its 20 dollars for 100 mil. So yes the GMs are doing something about it and honestly I think there are more important issues to take care of such as the login and server outage problems, fixing homun S aoe skills, etc.

Edited by Shadiah, 04 March 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

1) Bots ruin the economy.

2) Even if you banned over 100+ of them from a map in a day, they'd be remade the moment they got banned and would be replacing the banned ones in less than a day.

#7 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

south of einbroch was FULL of Priest bots everywhere

#8 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

I was being facetious with then econ/spawn comment :mellow:

But I agree. I'm sure everyone can appreciate the necessity for a timely resolution to the recent log in issues. I'd hope that a solution to these problems would be the number one priority for most of the team members at this time.

#9 NeverScared

NeverScared

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

2) Even if you banned over 100+ of them from a map in a day, they'd be remade the moment they got banned and would be replacing the banned ones in less than a day.

A lot like flies, if there weren't any we'd all die in a couple of days
You remove bots from Valkyrie for a week, you'll get the biggest hyperinflation in all of iRO's 10 year history and a crash you've never seen anywhere before

1) They're a necessary evil

2) Fighting bots is like fighting a war on drugs, they get replaced just as quickly as the next like-minded person

I believe it was like 7 dollars for 100 mil before? And now its 20 dollars for 100 mil. So yes the GMs are doing something about it

Or it could be that they're facing such demand that they've been raising the price because they'll know people would still buy, it's not the supply in this instance that causes the price to go down, you ever wonder why ever since the drop penalty got removed mandragora flowerpots fell 2/3 of what the price used to be while drosera tentacles' price remained constant? (they're both readily bottable)

You're falling both to a cognitive bias and a wishful thinking fallacy

Edited by NeverScared, 04 March 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#10 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, bots will always be there on valk server unless they implement some sort of shut out security program.
Simply manually catching bots will be a waste of energy, unless they can hire the manpower to cover many maps 24/7, since new bots will pop up.

#11 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

GM knows, and they also know how easy to make another bot.

#12 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Maybe this cause it? :mellow:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ban everyone in Valkyrie server. Problem solved.

#14 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

:mellow:

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

You want them to ban me too? I don't love you anymore, Cerulean! *Forum drama starting nao*

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

You want them to ban me too? I don't love you anymore, Cerulean! *Forum drama starting nao*

Don't worry, I'll send a rescue chopper so they can ship you to Yggdrasil so you can be my maid. *plots more sinister plans* LOVE YA! <3

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 March 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#17 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Bots Made this economy.. The Ragnarok official page tells "Valkyrie - bot-based market"
And GM's know it. This is a free server, if they wanted to, they coulde've removed the bots from it. No, they just do nothing, cuz we "do not pay". I mean, i'm paying for Vip, for those damned Kafra services, and obviously its not enough. If they want to ban bots , they should start banning IPs. They should trace the bot-deals, and ban the mains.

I tell you- Anybody can cry the bots are bad, but you know, that the richest players are mostly bot-owners. and they dont want this feature to be removed. So yeah, i dont give a ... about them. I'm legit and i dont like it. But its something you have to deal with, until gms decide to change Valk.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Don't worry, I'll send a rescue chopper so they can ship you to Yggdrasil so you can be my maid. *plots more sinister plans* LOVE YA! <3

You're gonna turn me into a bishounen maidguy?! :mellow:

Bots Made this economy.. The Ragnarok official page tells "Valkyrie - bot-based market"
And GM's know it. This is a free server, if they wanted to, they coulde've removed the bots from it. No, they just do nothing, cuz we "do not pay". I mean, i'm paying for Vip, for those damned Kafra services, and obviously its not enough. If they want to ban bots , they should start banning IPs. They should trace the bot-deals, and ban the mains.

I tell you- Anybody can cry the bots are bad, but you know, that the richest players are mostly bot-owners. and they dont want this feature to be removed. So yeah, i dont give a ... about them. I'm legit and i dont like it. But its something you have to deal with, until gms decide to change Valk.

You're a baddie if you think IP bans will prevent bots from logging in. Good luck thinking iRO can do something about bots any time soon. We don't have a SSN required system like kRO does. Nor do we ban out-of-country IP ranges like jRO does. Why do you think they don't have bots if not as many as we do?

On a different note, Oda does indeed ban bots and he does trace their IP ranges for the zeny holding accounts. You should ask him about these things, but it's mostly him that's doing all the work at this time. And yet he's got a crapload of other work to do as well. So I don't know what to say to that.

Edited by GuardianTK, 04 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#19 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

#21 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

You're a baddie if you think IP bans will prevent bots from logging in. Good luck thinking iRO can do something about bots any time soon. We don't have a SSN required system like kRO does. Nor do we ban out-of-country IP ranges like jRO does. Why do you think they don't have bots if not as many as we do?

On a different note, Oda does indeed ban bots and he does trace their IP ranges for the zeny holding accounts. You should ask him about these things, but it's mostly him that's doing all the work at this time. And yet he's got a crapload of other work to do as well. So I don't know what to say to that.

Why not? If not IP bans, though i think its sufficient, there are many other ways. MMm e.x. make an entrance pay. You create a new char - you pay some ammount for him to enter the world. You create a bot, you pay so he can start botting. ---> he gets banned. You create another one. ---> repeat unless you find it pointless and money wasting. Not doing anything can never get you closer to your goal.

#22 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm not gonna lie, this is really depressing to read. From what i've observed, people currently have no incentive to not bot openly since there really isn't any punishment. Priest-bots follow around farm-bots on several maps shamelessly in the open.

It is understandable that GMs don't have the time to continue banning bots endlessly, but maybe they can delegate the responsibility to a smaller team. Either find volunteers or provide a small incentive bonus for those who are willing to help with locating and banning bots, or something of the like. I imagine there are plenty of pissed legit-RO players who would be happy to patrol the maps they level on for bots.

People have to level anyways, why not clean up some of the community garbage while they are at it?

#23 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Botting removed the one of the funniest things of the game: card hunting. The most expensive cards now are the ones, that are hard or impossible to bot. Others you can buy really cheap e.x. you see a merch selling 13+ Hunter Flies. Good? in some way. But how about a low-lvl character? who cant get a "hard" card, but finds like something useful, and he cant sell it. I mean he sells it to npc cuz there are bot merchs selling like 30 of them =) the new players are bound to this circle of "how to make money". get eden equips? thats how it works. and sell strawberries to make 100k to buy a card from botter. Imho wtf. this economy sucks.

#24 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Why not? If not IP bans, though i think its sufficient, there are many other ways. MMm e.x. make an entrance pay. You create a new char - you pay some ammount for him to enter the world. You create a bot, you pay so he can start botting. ---> he gets banned. You create another one. ---> repeat unless you find it pointless and money wasting. Not doing anything can never get you closer to your goal.

yeah that's called ymir server.

#25 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm not gonna lie, this is really depressing to read. From what i've observed, people currently have no incentive to not bot openly since there really isn't any punishment. Priest-bots follow around farm-bots on several maps shamelessly in the open.

It is understandable that GMs don't have the time to continue banning bots endlessly, but maybe they can delegate the responsibility to a smaller team. Either find volunteers or provide a small incentive bonus for those who are willing to help with locating and banning bots, or something of the like. I imagine there are plenty of pissed legit-RO players who would be happy to patrol the maps they level on for bots.

People have to level anyways, why not clean up some of the community garbage while they are at it?

I'm in! =)
I tell you, bots start MvPing - this would be no fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users