Oxina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I recently became a hunter and I am a little stuck on what skills to get. I have:

Beastbane lvl 1
Skid Trap lvl 1
Falcon mastery lvl 1
Ankle Snare lvl 5
Blitz Beat lvl 5
Steel Crow lvl 10

What else should I get?

#2 Oxina

Oxina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

No tips or advice here? ...

#3 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

It really depends on what stats you have. My hunter was a kind of hybrid build with about 90 DEX/AGI, 40 LUK and 20 INT. I was a ctrl-clicker, not going to lie. =P My main focus was on my bow damage and the luck I had made my falcon auto-blitz often enough that I didn't really feel its low damage output.

Since your character is a hunter, it's alright to make mistakes and try things out if you like, unless you don't intend to transcend and become a sniper. To be honest, the only trap I ever really used was Ankle Snare. I don't WoE or anything, so the rest of the traps weren't really useful to me. Because I don't know your build, I would tentatively suggest:

Detect: 4
Remove Trap: 1
Claymore Trap: 5

Those are really the only skills that you might really need. You could also get Spring Trap if you really wanted. With your current skills and the skills listed above, that would leave you about 10 extra skill points to distribute as you see fit. I ended up with a lot of extra points as a hunter as well, though I can't remember if I stuffed them into Beast Bane or other traps.

Edited by Rosenthrall, 14 March 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#4 Oxina

Oxina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

It really depends on what stats you have. My hunter was a kind of hybrid build with about 90 DEX/AGI, 40 LUK and 20 INT. I was a ctrl-clicker, not going to lie. =P My main focus was on my bow damage and the luck I had made my falcon auto-blitz often enough that I didn't really feel its low damage output.

Since your character is a hunter, it's alright to make mistakes and try things out if you like, unless you don't intend to transcend and become a sniper. To be honest, the only trap I ever really used was Ankle Snare. I don't WoE or anything, so the rest of the traps weren't really useful to me. Because I don't know your build, I would tentatively suggest:

Detect: 4
Remove Trap: 1
Claymore Trap: 5

Those are really the only skills that you might really need. You could also get Spring Trap if you really wanted. With your current skills and the skills listed above, that would leave you about 10 extra skill points to distribute as you see fit. I ended up with a lot of extra points as a hunter as well, though I can't remember if I stuffed them into Beast Bane or other traps.

Awesome, thank you so much. I don't really like the traps myself. I do plan to become a sniper...ranger is my goal.

I appreciate the advice and tips :D I have a hard time with builds

#5 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, traps have never been my thing either. xD Good luck with your hunter/sniper! Ranger is super fun. Feel free to PM me if there are any other questions you have in mind, though I can't claim to be the best ranger out there. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users