10 replies to this topic

#1 Kelben

Kelben

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Does anyone know the percentage of the green ales dropping? I don't see the point of them putting a +8 requirement on Oriely's St. Patricks hat if you go a half hour killing mobs on gum and don't even get a single ale. At this rate I have better chances of cards dropping than I do these stupid ales. I just think it is a rip off to spend the Z to make something +8 and it doesn't even work.

#2 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Ales always dropped at a very low rate. Given the current restrictions on the ales, I think it's pretty stupid, IMO. The hat will most likely stop dropping ales after a while too, just like last time.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

The auto ale is pretty godly though. I think it puts the Rideword Hat to shame when it procs. Stack it with Valk Mant and High Orc Thorny Buckler and you're immortal, no matter what class you're using.

#4 micky78

micky78

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

The auto ale is pretty godly though. I think it puts the Rideword Hat to shame when it procs. Stack it with Valk Mant and High Orc Thorny Buckler and you're immortal, no matter what class you're using.

mmm? How? Why? reflect damage?

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

mmm? How? Why? reflect damage?

Yeah, I think it's 1% chance to proc an auto-ale effect which heals 50% of your HP/SP while physically attacking. Since reflecting damage is considered "physically attacking" you can see how this would work effectively with 3 instances of reflection.

On a Royal Guard, you can even tank 20, 30, no maybe 100 MvPs with this setup. Just don't crash your computer though. =P

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 16 March 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Just tested the hat. It's 10% HP/SP heal still. I thought it would heal the same as Ale. :P

#7 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Usually if an item says a very low chance irowiki calculates it to around 0.1%-0.5% chance. So I just assume based on that that the probability of green ales dropping is 0.1% based on the average amount of monsters players tell me they have to kill for one green ale to drop.

#8 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

I remember back when I defaulted the hat, it was slightly higher than a card and slightly lower than a blank card, so I'd estimate perhaps 0.50% perhaps?

#9 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

The drop rate of ales is horrible, i have +8 hat + VIP on a GX using RC to hunt WSS + Ales. i ended up with 30 ales 1000 WSS. Without the music i would have given up.

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy, 16 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#10 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

The drop rate is super low.. I had the hat yesterday and I still haven't gotten not one single Ale dropped lol.
There's no point in removing the drop since it's super mega low xD

#11 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Been hunting in magma 2 on my gen 1 shotting everything for about 3 hours and have yet to get a single ale to drop. 3 diabolic cards and like millions of zeny worth of loot. This hat is obviously a waste of time and anybody that actually wastes their resources to get it to +8 (like me) is simply retarded. the auto ale is only 10% not 50% (not the worth of 1 ale anyway) and that procs every now and then but honestly the rideword hat would be far better (not for my gen because it wont proc). Cant even test the 10 second cool down why? because the hat doesn't drop ales! I've also been testing the hat on my gx about an hour and 15 minutes in magma 2 still no ales.

Edited by Solitude, 16 March 2012 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users