Not necesarily AFK Homunculus Leveling? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Not necesarily AFK Homunculus Leveling?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I have a lvl 109 Sera, and i've been searching places to level that give better exp than normal AFK spots. Here is a list of different places i've measured, all of these measurements were done during a 1.5x event on Valkyrie Server:

• AntHell AFK: 100k/h~300k/h
    Depends on the spot you get and if you one-shot or two-shot the eggs
  • Orc Dungeon 1 AFK: 250k/h~300k/h
  • Juno Field 11: 800k/h
    This one was done just teleporting and one-shoting goats using "Needle of Paralysis" when i was lvl 105, the high skill delay made it hard to go faster, it may be bigger than Juno 7, but it doesn't have harpies.
  • Brasilis Dungeon lvl 1(Spotlight): 1m/h ~ 1.1m/h
    Best spot so far, the leveling procedure is simple
  • Teleport untill you see some Piranhas
  • Let homun kill 'em all
  • One-shot mairmaids with "Needle of Paralysis"
  • Repeat.

i've been keeping track of the Exp/h using this spreadsheet:
The Spreadsheet!!!1!

do anyone knows other good places to test/level with my AoE-less Amstr->Sera?

#2 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Right now Brasilis is going to be your best bet, but when I non-afk and there's no spotlight, I usually find that moscovia 3, Hodes map (morroc), goats (juno) and turtle island surface are great.

For slightly lower lv homuns, stalactic golems are also pretty good.

#3 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

I was going to recommend Moscovia 3 too but Luckywhiterabbit was faster :)

BTW: your spreadsheet looks nice, accurate and professional ;)

#4 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

I wish my brain didn't automatically shut down when I try to read spreadsheets. I don't know what it is. I'm usually a good visual learner, but the moment it has anything to do with spreadsheets or mathamatics, information just seems to leak out my ears.

#5 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

I wish my brain didn't automatically shut down when I try to read spreadsheets. I don't know what it is. I'm usually a good visual learner, but the moment it has anything to do with spreadsheets or mathamatics, information just seems to leak out my ears.

The useful information is on column (H), which tells how much exp/hour i gained at the place in column (B ) during the period of time on column (G).

Column (F) tells how much experience i made during the period of time con column (G) at the place on column (B )

I use columns (B ) (C ) (D) and (E) to store time and exp information when i start and end measuring.

For example, on row 35 says i gained 1.4m exp/hour while leveling on Brasilis dungeon lvl 1, place where i trained for 1 hour and 49 minutes and gained 2.5m exp

What made the difference in experience this time was that i used blue pots to recharge my Sera's SP, so i ended up killing more Iaras :9.

Edited by novalkar, 19 March 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#6 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

All these rates are with my level 119 dieter during the 1.5 exp event.

Brasilis 1 (spotlight): 2,6m/h
Einbroch Field 07: 1~1,1m/h

For Brasilis I Gather huge mobs of Piranhas and use my hide rosary to dump them on Dieter, making sure I hit any stray Iaras with Caprice. Einbroch field is similar except I need to use Volcanic Ash to speed up the killing and hinder the mobs from exploding.

Seems like Einbroch field 07 would be the best spot to level a Dieter (or any homunculus with decent AoE) outside of the Brasilis spotlight.

#7 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

For Brasilis I Gather huge mobs of Piranhas and use my hide rosary to dump them on Dieter, making sure I hit any stray Iaras with Caprice. Einbroch field is similar except I need to use Volcanic Ash to speed up the killing and hinder the mobs from exploding.

Seems like Einbroch field 07 would be the best spot to level a Dieter (or any homunculus with decent AoE) outside of the Brasilis spotlight.

Brasils seem to have been good exp during the events.

Did you actually level at Ein field 07 with Porcellios, Holdens and Metalings (and with one Ungoliant, according to amesani db http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/ein_fild07/) or did you mean some other map? I have never tried that map. If you are saying that it's that good I might have to give it a try.

#8 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

i hope to get near those rates when i get my AoE skill at lvl 116, but as i've read, it seems that poison mist is not as powerful as lava slide :P

#9 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Brasils seem to have been good exp during the events.

Did you actually level at Ein field 07 with Porcellios, Holdens and Metalings (and with one Ungoliant, according to amesani db http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/ein_fild07/) or did you mean some other map? I have never tried that map. If you are saying that it's that good I might have to give it a try.

Yep, Brasilis is awesome. Oops, I meant Einbroch 05 of course. What makes Ein 5 good is the mob density. You can easily gather huge mobs of over 20 Noxious/Venomous/Teddy Bear to AoE with Lava Slide. Like I wrote in the other thread the Noxious use Mental Breaker which can quickly drain your homunculus' SP, especially if you tank a lot of them so one needs to bring blue pots for aiding. I don't think the map is good unless you mob (or AFK).

Poison Mist is pretty decent from what i've seen, but it obviously doesn't come close to Dieter's AoE. Might be possible to reach 1,8m+/h in Brasilis, but it would be better to let a Sera user answer that question.

Edited by Gambri, 19 March 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

that SP drain is another reason why I don't like Einbroch 5 as a leveling/afking spot. Personally I think juno 7 is the way to go.

Has anyone tried VIP old high orcs map? Or maybe one of the lower floors of byalan dungeon? I remember that place being ultrasuper mobby.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 March 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#11 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I tried High Orcs on the VIP map... EXP wasn't all that great.. I would get far more EXP in the Brasilis Dungeon... Then again it is pretty mobby so a Dieter with Lava Slide would level pretty well there.

#12 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

i hope to get near those rates when i get my AoE skill at lvl 116, but as i've read, it seems that poison mist is not as powerful as lava slide :P

Pretty ironic.. since most people were pointing out how awful it would be to level a Dieter that was a Amistr before that :P
Mine is already 101.. and I don't level it as much.

Can't wait to have Lava Slide to start active leveling it.

Edited by iiNote, 19 March 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#13 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Leveling an Amistr > Dieter from 99 to 109 IS horrible...

Mine's lv 108. JUST ONE MORE

#14 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

that SP drain is another reason why I don't like Einbroch 5 as a leveling/afking spot. Personally I think juno 7 is the way to go.

Has anyone tried VIP old high orcs map? Or maybe one of the lower floors of byalan dungeon? I remember that place being ultrasuper mobby.

It really isn't that bad. You use a few blue pots every other mob and if you greed all the loots you will easily make your money back.

#15 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

yeah but...why would I be using blue pots if I'm AFKing?

#16 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

You wouldn't. The point is the map is good for active leveling if you mob big. If you're AFKing SP won't be an issue.

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

I kind of fail to see how you could AFK on that map without using skills...unless your homun has quite high flee. Maybe it's just because I have a dieter.

#18 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Idk about you guys but I am moscoviaing the crap out of this week.

#19 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

as long as they have the brasilis spotlight on, I'm not leveling anywhere else :x except sometimes orc dungeon 2 (empty on valk), because it sometimes seems like I get greater exp there due to the mob density anyway.

#20 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

How is brasilis compared to moscovia in terms of survivability?

Its easy to level there with lava slide/poison mist but I don't have needle yet, im wondering if I would get destroyed by prianahs or not.

#21 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Piranhas aren't really much of a problem other than the occasional waterball. My Dieter tanks huge mobs of them without any issue. Like, it needs to be 20+ piranhas before it will start taking noticable damage (and that's usually when I use volcanic ash)

Sera has higher flee than Dieter, so I think you should be fine.

#22 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

wow you were right, brasilis is significantly better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users