On kill stealing. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

On kill stealing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 ronin

ronin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

In the past several months following the balance patch, I have noticed an alarmingly increasing display of poor etiquette and consideration for other players through the use of Arrow Storm to killsteal anything from one or two enemies to entire mobs. I understand the ease of being able to one-shot most monster mobs, but I would like to remind you all that rangers once came from humble origins. Venting aside, my main message applies to all players and killstealing in general.

I will not delve into the legality of such player abuse or whether GMs ought to take a more active stance, but rather I urge you this as a person: next time you are compelled to killsteal a mob that someone has gathered together, stop yourself and take their situation into consideration. I cannot stress enough the universal adage; “Do unto others as you would have do unto you.” I am sure we are all well aware of and familiar with this, but in practice is quite often forgotten. On that note, please take care in your conduct amongst other players in the world of Ragnarok.

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Jerks are jerks...and as I always tell people who may be new to the community, it's usually the same jerk/group of jerks
so pay attention next time it happens, screenie and report. If someone is running around behaving badly on a map
mutiple reports from different people should be enough to be them banned for a bit.

But on the other hand don't always assume that because someone took your kill that it was their intention to KS. The server often
updates graphics slower than it does other processes. Quite often you'll find the other player just didn't see you because on their screen you weren't there. This is the primary cause of kill stealing. Some people crossing mobs once or twice on a map is different from intentional stalking and KSing. GMs do ban the later.

#3 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I got tired of a ranger in a nogg party, because he kept ksing a Shadow Chaser and calling the player a newb just because the Shadow Chaser's Arrow Storm did not do 40k damage. I left the party because I don't like partying with jerks who don't know how to kind.

#4 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I dont always KS
but when i do, i apologize.

#5 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I dont always KS

Stay legit my friends

#6 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dieter ksing with Lava Slide is what is getting to me on this subject

#7 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Stay legit my friends

Dos Equiz

#8 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Oh, i remember in the old days, KSing was pretty much rare, too good i dont do leveling since a year ago.
The new comunity sucks, just saying.

#9 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Dieter ksing with Lava Slide is what is getting to me on this subject

I keep hearing about people being KS'ed by lava slide. I haven't actually incorporated it into my AI yet (I don't afk level anymore since I got that skill) so what's the problem? Are alchs purposefully casting it on top of other homunculus or something?

#10 KyleYo

KyleYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

GMs don't care about KSing. People will KS on purpose to make you mad. Evidence:
http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=3

This RK KSes everyone in Abyss dungeon.

That RK doesn't only KS that-_- bot his way to 3rd class at moscovia. I am surprise he i still around since no one gets ban now :)

#11 komseki

komseki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationYour Closet :0

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

KSING makes me so angry. I was on the Nogg TI warp in a 3 man party with 2 of my guildmates. 2 ME priests and 1 LK puller. It was obvious we didn't need any help and people would just come in and kill our mobs. = _=;

#12 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

how about "dont get mad get even" and ks right back XD jk

i also apoligize if i make that mistake. intentionally ksing is a-_- move.

#13 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Unfortunately since there is practically no penalty for KSing, people will keep doing it. And with gwings, the amount of KSing has increased from the olden days, as people can land on you while you have a mob, KS it, and wing away while you are powerless to stop them.

Although, people will blatantly KS you in the face and laugh at you too. People still KSed in the past, but it definitely seems worse these days. And again, with no actual enforcement to prevent players from doing this, it will go on, especially with Arrow Storm + White Wing set fueling the fire, i.e. one-shot most stuff except monsters with enormous HP like Pom Spiders.

#14 rednaxelagnik

rednaxelagnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I was doing the Nogg TI throughout this week solo but I was pretty consistently KSed by parties. I only got one single apology from a party member of someone who KSed (not by the person who did the KSing) while most others just kept doing it even after I told them not to. I started to become more careful and killed my mobs as soon as I saw another person on the screen because I knew it would probably just happen again.

I've noticed the bad etiquette of some players though over the last couple months. I'd gotten KSed in Glast Heim once and PMed the person not to KS me and they basically said, "I don't care, other people KS me so I can KS if I want." So the logic is two wrongs make a right.

#15 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

I am guilty of KSing, but its usually for a silly reason, like the person tanking for me looks similar to someone on the same map and I accidently follow them.. Which I do apologise. There was a ranger who was KSing my friend who was tanking for me in Abyss lake TI every single mob when he saw us, he would intentionally watch us mob them strike it with arrow storm. Hes 150 now, thanks to everyone elses mobbing efforts. :T

On another note, now that hes 150 he can be out of my hair -_-

#16 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

GMs don't care about KSing. People will KS on purpose to make you mad. Evidence:
http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=3

This RK KSes everyone in Abyss dungeon.

look at his main acc

http://ropd.info/?account=3953439

thats crazy a lot of suras o.o

#17 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

After this Nogg TI, I'm quitting the TI maps. I know whe DON'T have to do them, but it's just ridiculous with the ks'ing rangers. I put myself in a corner and was soloing the map and rangers would go out of their way to KS me. OR drop mobs on me, and then KS me hoping that I would die. Towards the end I even had Priests run up on me and start casting ME right on me :/ And I can tell when its an accident, and when it's on purpose. The latter being that they stand there and watch for about 5 seconds and then they KABOOM my mob or even the ONE -_-N LUDE I WAS MELEEING!!

Edit: Now that I think about it, do Rangers doing a 90-110 range TI NEED to be doing 25-40k dmg in a 15x15 AoE on monsters with not even half of that in HP pools? I say somekind of nerf or SOMETHING to them on these maps since they can be 'tweaked' by GMs. That is, IF the KS'ing gets even MORE out of hand. Guess I shouldn't care since I'm not doing them anymore...bleh...

Edited by Zesty, 20 March 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#18 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

I have to say, on my ME priests this last TI, people did a pretty good job of not just KSing me when they would gwing next to my mob that I was holding while casting. But my good experience didn't hold true for a lot of you, sadly.

#19 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

and more annoying when bots are KSing you! you can call me a jerk but ill pop a BB on that map!!

#20 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Bots don't care about BB's or DB's though...the program isn't going to suddenly start having human emotions and scream "AW DARN, NOW I GOTTA WALK BACK TO THAT DUNGEON AGAIN! CURSE YOU, PLAYER!"

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

I dont always KS

LOL win.

#22 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

I keep hearing about people being KS'ed by lava slide. I haven't actually incorporated it into my AI yet (I don't afk level anymore since I got that skill) so what's the problem? Are alchs purposefully casting it on top of other homunculus or something?

to answer your question it's not just lava slide it's all of the aoe skills. they cast it on top of where you are standing and kill everything it's extremely rude especially when all they have to do is turn off the aoe's in their AI. they just want to be ignorant because some of them are there watching and moving closer to people. really sad that people have no life.

#23 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Unfortunately since there is practically no penalty for KSing, people will keep doing it. And with gwings, the amount of KSing has increased from the olden days, as people can land on you while you have a mob, KS it, and wing away while you are powerless to stop them.

Although, people will blatantly KS you in the face and laugh at you too. People still KSed in the past, but it definitely seems worse these days. And again, with no actual enforcement to prevent players from doing this, it will go on, especially with Arrow Storm + White Wing set fueling the fire, i.e. one-shot most stuff except monsters with enormous HP like Pom Spiders.

This is why having sets that buff skills so much is a huge mistake, for iRO at least. These bad players have proven time and again that they don't have the proper etiquette to be given responsibility over such things. This is also why I hate the TIs over implementing a system of questing; since they only serve to promote bad behavior like this.

I've noticed the bad etiquette of some players though over the last couple months. I'd gotten KSed in Glast Heim once and PMed the person not to KS me and they basically said, "I don't care, other people KS me so I can KS if I want." So the logic is two wrongs make a right.

This is why the GMs need to start looking at a screenshot like that as both self-incriminating evidence and a confession to KSing, and start handing out appropriate punishment.

#24 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

yes they do need to start banning for it

#25 ForTheCity

ForTheCity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Okay what is technically a killsteal? What if your teammate was about to die and you saved him. Is that considered a killsteal? Or should you have just waited on the side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users